Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default When will VIPs get Beta access?

I've heard from quite a few "little birdies" that the current beta forum is deader than DDO's end-game.

When will this be opened up for VIPs?

Community Member

I wonder this as well...

The 'normal' forums are also dead, I can't imagine the beta ones being much better.

If the silly contests are over (dunno bout them, really don't care, probably the small print says it's just for americans anyway) it probably is about time it's opened to the public.

Sadly, unless they open it for premium, that still won't be me... but perhaps some VIP blood in there will help the forums bloom.

Course - I wouldn't have a clue, since Turbine decided to do a 'closed beta'. Hope that's working out well for them!

Seems to me with a such a huge change, Turbine would want more people filling out the surveys.

Community Member

I can't get in. Bought the expansion, didn't get an email, can't get past the forum nda screen.

If others are in the same boat, no wonder it is dead.

Also keep in mind Turbine has gone to the survey method like they have the last few updates. Fill out the survey and done. No need to make posts about what I think about stuff, I've already put it into the survey.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Also keep in mind Turbine has gone to the survey method like they have the last few updates. Fill out the survey and done. No need to make posts about what I think about stuff, I've already put it into the survey.
    Oh good, so they have nothing to hide (since it is empty, and everyone is doing their surveys instead), and should open the beta forums to read access for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Oh good, so they have nothing to hide (since it is empty, and everyone is doing their surveys instead), and should open the beta forums to read access for everyone.
    Pretty much.

I would gladly hand my VIP xp, increased public speed and first in line log in to premiums if I could have beta access. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can have a hand in deciding enhancements and content if you pre purchase the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I would gladly hand my VIP xp, increased public speed and first in line log in to premiums if I could have beta access. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can have a hand in deciding enhancements and content if you pre purchase the expansion.
    Its called... you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post

As someone elsewhere pointed out, it comes down to Turbine saying "Well that's nice, but what have you done for me LATELY?" Sad but true. I've been a VIP for years, but I didn't feel that this latest "expansion" was worth the price sight unseen so I'm waiting for it to go on fire sale like MOTU did. But that means that I don't get beta access. Although historically, beta access doesn't mean your points actually get heard; Turbine will likely go ahead with whatever they've planned no matter what the feedback says.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    I've heard from quite a few "little birdies" that the current beta forum is deader than DDO's end-game.

When will this be opened up for VIPs?
    Here's my issue.

To view the beta forums, you have to be logged in.

The forums continuously boot me and force a new login. Many times this is accompanied by a 5 minute freeze of all forum screens and access as the system does... something.

Typically, I view all the DDO forums while logged out so I don't have to deal with the freeze that comes with my autoboot.

I can't view the beta posts if I'm logged out, so I ignore them until I happen to log in to post a reply to something such as this.

So, to sum up, the broken forums are keeping me from viewing and posting in the beta section as much as I otherwise would.

Add in the fact that the beta forums have multiple sections that you'd have to bounce between just to read all the posts and things tend to get lost or forgotten very quickly unless they're active enough to stay on the "new posts" page.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

You **MUST** login to the forums with the same account as you use to login to the game which must be the one you used to buy the new module of course. If you havent bought the module with that account then there is no entry to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    5 weeks until go live. Closed beta for next 3 weeks, open beta for last 2 weeks.
    Are you making that up or quoting a developer?

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Here's my issue.

To view the beta forums, you have to be logged in.

The forums continuously boot me and force a new login. Many times this is accompanied by a 5 minute freeze of all forum screens and access as the system does... something.

Typically, I view all the DDO forums while logged out so I don't have to deal with the freeze that comes with my autoboot.

I can't view the beta posts if I'm logged out, so I ignore them until I happen to log in to post a reply to something such as this.

So, to sum up, the broken forums are keeping me from viewing and posting in the beta section as much as I otherwise would.

Add in the fact that the beta forums have multiple sections that you'd have to bounce between just to read all the posts and things tend to get lost or forgotten very quickly unless they're active enough to stay on the "new posts" page.
    And the funny things is there are more leaks than the NSA . . . so why continue the pretense of the information being private?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    You **MUST** login to the forums with the same account as you use to login to the game which must be the one you used to buy the new module of course. If you havent bought the module with that account then there is no entry to the forum.
    I preordered the Shadowfell but can't access forums with my old username that I use for ingame login and used xpac code on.
    It's kinda funny actually.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    I've done all of the above. All I can see is a NDA screen with no accept buttons, and no way to navigate anywhere but back.

Community Member

To accept the NDA, you must scroll to the bottom of it. At least, that was what it did when I logged on with the Lammania client the first time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    To accept the NDA, you must scroll to the bottom of it. At least, that was what it did when I logged on with the Lammania client the first time.
    I only have the original lammania client. The dev post mentions an email with another. Is the regular one good enough?

Does it matter? The suits will go ahead with how they want things to be and FoS will continue to make loot his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Are you making that up or quoting a developer?
    I can confirm that I don't make stuff up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast