Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Which one of you did this? That's very sweet of you.
    That is awesome!

I'm really enjoy these journals Hazelnut. Keep up the good work.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Just as a point - the rule is actually directed at naming people in a manner intended to harass/defame/embarrass them. ((edit: although... I suppose a zerg death could maybe fall under that heading.))
    I personally don't see any play style as invalid with the possible exception of just trying to annoy other players (trolling?).
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

I personally don't see any play style as invalid with the possible exception of just trying to annoy other players (trolling?).
    I tend to agree.
    But you're new to this game right? Wait until you're trying to get ransack or onslaught bonus and you have a few zergers in your party.
    That said, zerging does have it's benefits. When the zerger knows what they're doing, and can take care of themselves, they can go one direction, and the rest go the other.
    Makes quest completion times that much quicker.

Default Question for the readers...

Hail and well met!! You can't avoid all reference to the adventures, but I'd like to read more of the life of Hazelnut then the hack en slash. If you want to warn about spoilers, you could edit your first post. (You met me on Tuesday in the harbor, I'm the one with the magnificent hat)
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Now to answer your question, Hazel - carry on as you feel fits your writing style. What comes naturally to you is what will come across best in the story.
    This +9001. I like your mix of story telling, the detail of the adventure is enough and I'm begining to think all that armor cleaning is going to be Hazelnuts 'thing' ... just wait till she hits waterworks! One note that I'll add is that you'll want to pay close attention to the tales people like Baudry Cartamon tell you; Hazelnut may find that many of the adventures she finds herself in are related in some way to one another.

BTW I think it made the chronicle cause what you're doing is worthy of the attention.
    Last edited by RaidMR; 07-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Toons: Tegor - Valask - Markita - Richiurd - Morjak - Mylaphin
    Guild: The Rogue Saints - Sarlona

<snip>
    Grats, Hazel!

I think that would be Cordovan (aka: Jerry) you're looking to credit for that.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Congratulations
    This is well deserved. Obviously someone has very good taste, and they recognize your contribution to the community.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Great stories!

My daughter is a big fan fiction writer herself.

Default Day Fifty-Six: Oh Happy Day

On my way back the day before, I had stopped off to see Caen Morne, the ranger who offers training in the harbor area. She frowned when she saw me. I don’t think she approved of me carrying my armor instead of wearing it. Daisy would have had that same look of disapproval.

I missed Daisy. Truthfully I missed my whole clan, but especially Daisy. Daisy was one of the best rangers in our clan, the best if you asked me. And more so, she had agreed to apprentice me in the ways of the ranger. If she hadn’t died in that shipwreck, she would still.

What was past, was past. There was no going back. Now I train with Caen and she had taught me much since my arrival in Stormreach. The previous evening, after being scowled at for not wearing armor, Caen told me it was time I learned to better control the wild. She promised to show me how to summon an animal companion to fight with me and protect me. She also hinted there were ways to get plants to help you too. So it was that I got up early, earlier than the sun, to be ready for training. This time properly dressed in my chain mail and freshly cleaned padding.

I arrived at the pier where Caen usually offers training so early that she hadn’t even arrived. I sat and waited and ate the breakfast I had snuck from the kitchen of the Leaky Dingy. It was overcast. The air smelled faintly of rain. My beautifully cleaned padding was not going to be as clean by the end of that day.

Caen arrived as she always did, one hour after dawn. She walked right up to me, “my, aren’t we eager today”, she said.

I responded, “you promised to teach me the ranger magic. It’s what made me want to become a ranger in the first place”.

“It’s not magic”, she said, “it comes from a greater understanding of the natural world and how you can manipulate and work with it. Magic is disruptive. What we do is in harmony with the world.”

And with that, my day of training began. She summoned a brown rat and told me I had to calm it down. Then she taught me how to summon a brown rat to serve me. Once that was mastered, I learned to make the seaweed at the bottom of the bay twist and grab at whatever swam through it and many other ways to control the nature around us.

By sunset we had both missed lunch and it was well past dinner time but I had learned everything Caen tried to teach me. It was exhausting. I was more tired than I had ever been and yet we had just stood on the pier.

I think Daisy would have been proud.

Community Member

Default By the way Halzelnut,

Your writing has inspired me to reroll one of my mules into a Ranger.
    I forgot just how much fun Rangers are.

Post Day Fifty-Seven: Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion.

You would think I would have learned by now to stop agreeing to anything suggested by an excited sailor but not me. Oh no. When my friend Valorie burst into the Leaky Dingy with a twinkle in her eye and words pouring over themselves to escape her mouth, the excitement was contagious.

I had barely started breakfast when Valorie slammed the door wide open, “Hazel, you have to come right now or you’re going to miss the boat”, she shouted as she dashed to my side and grabbed my arm away from mug of tea I was about to drink.

Valorie was the first mate of the Sojourner, a ship that has a regular run between Stormreach and the Island of Korthos. We had known each other for a few months by that point and I talked with her whenever the Sojourner was in port.

“Valorie, what is it?” I said as I carefully reached for the mug with my other hand.

“You’ll miss the boat”, she said with a look of utter frustration.

“I’m not going to Korthos today,” I replied.

“No, my girl, it’s not to Korthos. ‘Tis to Crystal Cove! Some scallywags have found treasure there and it will be a great treasure hunt. You don’t want to miss it. So get a move on!”

A treasure hunt sounded very exciting and I hadn’t had a paying job in over a week. The funds were starting to look a bit thin after that shopping trip a couple days ago. A treasure hunt could be just the think.

Valorie could see the twinkle of excitement spreading in my eyes as I gave in, “give me two minutes to get my gear.”

“Alright, but run. The spring lines were being loosened when I came to get you.”
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 07-26-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Community Member

I'm starting to feel like that kid in The Princess Bride getting more into the story as his grandfather reads more and more to him.

The pressure is on now...your starting to amass a folloiwng. I hope you ahve the fortitude to keep this journal going for a long time to come. This the first thread I look for everytime I log on.

Have you ever published anything?

Talking Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Have you ever published anything?
    Not since I wrote for the newspaper in school. Unless you count reports at work.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I'm starting to feel like that kid in The Princess Bride getting more into the story as his grandfather reads more and more to him.
    We can skip the kissing parts, if you want.

Community Member

lol

Community Member

Classic !!

The Princess Bride wasn't the story being told by the grandpa, you're thinking of The Everlasting Story.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    The Princess Bride wasn't the story being told by the grandpa, you're thinking of The Everlasting Story.
    Nope.
    In the The Never Ending Story, the kid is alone, reading the book. In The Princess Bride, the grandfather is reading to his grandson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litXJXAWUtU
    Last edited by Chauncey1; 07-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Nope.
    In the The Never Ending Story, the kid is alone, reading the book. In The Princess Bride, the grandfather is reading to his grandson.
    Hmmmm,,, Okay sorry, my bad. I even got the title wrong. lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast