Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    I really miss the auto enter last played world feature from the new launcher. (Or maybe it is just very hidden?)
    Please make it available!
    Go to the menu
    Select "options"
    Uncheck "Allow multiple game instances"
    Click "OK"
    Enjoy your "new" checkbox that lets you auto enter like before.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Tried to play SWTOR last night, their launcher is so buggy it crashed my system repeatedly. After almost 2 hours of troubleshooting just to get it to play, I gave up completely.

Opened up DDO and saw "downloading updates" ... I groaned to myself and thought "oh yeah, update!" and immediately set myself for bitter disappointment and frustration.

To my surprise, everything downloaded fairly quickly and I was up and running DDO inside of 15 minutes.

I just wanted to post an alternate viewpoint, thanks for reading!
    Just the opposite for me. SWTOR launcher comes up in ~10 seconds and I'm in the game playing 1-2 minutes later. I open the ddo launcher and it gets hung up on "Initializing. ..". I've tried everything. All the steps on the support page, fresh uninstall/reinstall, made sure all my drivers were up to date, made sure all the relevant ddo files had full firewall access, called turbine support, filed a ticket through the support site (as per the phone supports suggestion) and still nothing. That was monday. I received 2 canned responses from my ticket fairly quickly, but nothing at all since.

I'm running windows xp 32 bit with sp3, has anyone else with the same problem figured a work around yet?

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Default Yellow X and Red X

So, I got the update yesterday, logged into the game, and spent about an hour getting constantly knocked offline or getting consistant yellow X's and Red X's on the screen (getting bumped from party chat, disconnecting, etc.) Restarted the PC, reset the modem, tracert and ping tests (everything was fine on my end, as I figured), and then logged in again. Same issues--yellow X's, Red X's, bumped from chat, lag, disconnects, etc. Seems that the update has finally killed my ability to stay logged into this game. (I had issues before, especially when switching toons, but now I'm lucky to be logged in for 10 minutes without the game crashing). Maybe it's just because I'm no longer VIP, but since going Premium/F2P last year, I haven't had any good connections with this game. Log in times take a ridiculous 3-10 minutes each (with over 30 minutes as my record). Even adding more RAM usage by the client hasn't fixed these problems. Awesomenium seems to be an issue, but even clearing it out of the processes doesn't seem to do much in the way of fixing the Yellow X/Red X/disconnect problems or slow log-in times. Grrr.

Anyway, thanks again Turbine, for adding even more problems to my access to your game. Guess you don't want me as a player. Thank God Elder Scrolls Online will be out next year!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Go to the menu
    Select "options"
    Uncheck "Allow multiple game instances"
    Click "OK"
    Enjoy your "new" checkbox that lets you auto enter like before.
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    Just the opposite for me. SWTOR launcher comes up in ~10 seconds and I'm in the game playing 1-2 minutes later. I open the ddo launcher and it gets hung up on "Initializing. ..". I've tried everything. All the steps on the support page, fresh uninstall/reinstall, made sure all my drivers were up to date, made sure all the relevant ddo files had full firewall access, called turbine support, filed a ticket through the support site (as per the phone supports suggestion) and still nothing. That was monday. I received 2 canned responses from my ticket fairly quickly, but nothing at all since.

I'm running windows xp 32 bit with sp3, has anyone else with the same problem figured a work around yet?
    Well, here I am on day 4 of waiting for a response from turbine support and still no joy. I've tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls, tried leaving it on the "Initializing..." overnight, and tried emailing support a few more times (along with all the other steps that didn't work before) and still nothing at all. I'm getting a little frustrated. I've refrained from pointing out the fact that, as a vip paying customer, I pay money to play. But seriously, will those of us that are affected by not being able to log in be reimbursed somehow for our lost time? I realize that 4 days isn't that much on the money side of things (about 32 cents per day for what I pay for a monthly sub) but it might be nice to have my sub renewal extended by as many days as I am unable to log in.

Hell, right now I'd settle for a dev or someone, anyone to chime in and at least say something like "We're working to resolve this issue."

This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Wow, login lag and crash appears to be fixed! Thank you for addressing this really annoying issue!
    i'd say thats a FALSE hope there bud, still get the crash everytime...

i just wish they'd address some of the issues that have been around for like 2 or 3 years like * for example* the caster bug where you can't even cast or interact with anything till you do the truffleshuffle ( hold shift and move forwards and backwards ) or for that matter take my sp and not even cast the spell or turn undead whatever it may be.....
    ( 21 cleric, 5 sorc )

( For The MR. NEGATIVE "Gavroshe" )

If this post seems negative in anyway it's not... just that i am "very disappointed" that these things which do cause alot of deaths in my parties and that we consider game breaking hasn't even been addressed nor even talked about. But to a bug fix Monday i'd be all for that because they might actually get some fixes done before they make more new ones and catch up on the bug fixes which would = more older players coming back and alot of newer people staying IMO, Because the status quo as it is, is "VERY sad" and i don't want to see a game that i actually enjoy to "go the way of the dinosaur"

but if nothing changes, oh well my pics will be posted more and more

Last edited by Dj_Fisty; 07-19-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: damn laptop mouse pad

Well, here I am on day 4 of waiting for a response from turbine support and still no joy. I've tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls, tried leaving it on the "Initializing..." overnight, and tried emailing support a few more times (along with all the other steps that didn't work before) and still nothing at all. I'm getting a little frustrated. I've refrained from pointing out the fact that, as a vip paying customer, I pay money to play. But seriously, will those of us that are affected by not being able to log in be reimbursed somehow for our lost time? I realize that 4 days isn't that much on the money side of things (about 32 cents per day for what I pay for a monthly sub) but it might be nice to have my sub renewal extended by as many days as I am unable to log in.

Hell, right now I'd settle for a dev or someone, anyone to chime in and at least say something like "We're working to resolve this issue."
    Day SEVEN.

I received a response to my last email from turbine "support" today and I was left feeling frustrated. Again. In my last email to them I stated that I tried every step on their support page to try and get past the launcher getting stuck on "Initializing...". Today I got a response back from them telling me to try a "clean boot". That's one of the steps on the support page!! Do they even read the emails? They asked me to send them my dxdiag and msinfo and I did. But did they even read/examine them before sending a canned response?

Can anyone else help? I'm getting pretty desperate here.

Default Any Luck?

Day SEVEN.

I received a response to my last email from turbine "support" today and I was left feeling frustrated. Again. In my last email to them I stated that I tried every step on their support page to try and get past the launcher getting stuck on "Initializing...". Today I got a response back from them telling me to try a "clean boot". That's one of the steps on the support page!! Do they even read the emails? They asked me to send them my dxdiag and msinfo and I did. But did they even read/examine them before sending a canned response?

Can anyone else help? I'm getting pretty desperate here.
    Any luck Malkavian? I'm in the same boat as you and going on 12 days w/ no response!!!

Community Member

Question O"o

Quote Originally Posted by Maelwyn View Post
    So, I got the update yesterday, logged into the game, and spent about an hour getting constantly knocked offline or getting consistant yellow X's and Red X's on the screen (getting bumped from party chat, disconnecting, etc.) Restarted the PC, reset the modem, tracert and ping tests (everything was fine on my end, as I figured), and then logged in again. Same issues--yellow X's, Red X's, bumped from chat, lag, disconnects, etc. Seems that the update has finally killed my ability to stay logged into this game. (I had issues before, especially when switching toons, but now I'm lucky to be logged in for 10 minutes without the game crashing). Maybe it's just because I'm no longer VIP, but since going Premium/F2P last year, I haven't had any good connections with this game. Log in times take a ridiculous 3-10 minutes each (with over 30 minutes as my record). Even adding more RAM usage by the client hasn't fixed these problems. Awesomenium seems to be an issue, but even clearing it out of the processes doesn't seem to do much in the way of fixing the Yellow X/Red X/disconnect problems or slow log-in times. Grrr.

Anyway, thanks again Turbine, for adding even more problems to my access to your game. Guess you don't want me as a player. Thank God Elder Scrolls Online will be out next year!!!
    God Elder Scrolls Online? Really Really?

Community Member

Default Mac Users?

Any other mac users almost rdy to ragequit? I can't even make it past the log in screen and it crashes when i used to be able to get on - I haven't even been playing for a whole month.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345