Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member Eternal_Newbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knownissue View Post
    i retract my statment. My launcher is working fine after i restarted my computer lol...
    U are lucky, still hang @initialisation after 3 reboots...

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Newbie View Post
    Seems that its just long... After 15 mn@initialisation step, some files are downloaded....

maybe Progress Bar is an obsolete concept on new launchers...

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Sweet, so we go from a launcher that gave me no hassles, saved my log in name and my preferred server to a pile of crud that hangs forever and doesn't save jack. Good job Turbine, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    Sweet, so we go from a launcher that gave me no hassles, saved my log in name and my preferred server to a pile of crud that hangs forever and doesn't save jack. Good job Turbine, good job.
    The update cleared all the settings out and asked me to accept the agreements again, but I was able to get into the game.

When I saw the updated launcher, I thought it was Halloween... Then I saw the Greem progress bars and realized they missed the St. Patricks day delivery.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Community Member

Default Update Patch

All of my characters have disappeared with the current update what's the deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroshe View Post
    Every day people complain about bugs, lag, launcher errors, overpower and nerfs, etc. then as soon as they say they are going to try and address these issues you start bashing them? I'm so tired of this negative attitude people have EVERY SECOND IN EVERY SITUATION.
    I see what you're saying, but I have a complaint - I want unicorns, either as a pet I can ride or as big, flying carnivorous beasties - and they have to fart rainbows. This is all I require. Unicorns and free stuff. So 2 things I require. kthnxbai

There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticpoet View Post
    All of my characters have disappeared with the current update what's the deal here.
    Probably logged into the wrong server. I hope it's because you logged into the wrong server at least, would be devastating otherwise!
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

Community Member

Wow, login lag and crash appears to be fixed! Thank you for addressing this really annoying issue!
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

thanks cardove but now i can't login to the live severs or lamannia -.-

update restarted and now i can login
    Last edited by rsking; 07-15-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

new launcher works great - hope my quickscript launching still works. But no big deal if it doesn't.

Launching multiple accounts easy and painless.

Also:

THANK YOU for fixing the backend issues with guild modified account size!

But should really make VIP gold dice 160 hours instead of 168.

During this phase, there is some heavy download. Running launcher on HSDPA connection for 10 minutes and counter counts tens megabytes. What is downloading there?

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Community Member

Hi, I can't log in after the update. Launcher does some testing every time ( Overall, Items, Iterations or whatever ) then it doesn't recognize my username/pass >Failed to launch client.
    I can log into myaccount.turbine just fine. And I played game just fine 20 hours ago.

Community Member

Default White Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroshe View Post
    Every day people complain about bugs, lag, launcher errors, overpower and nerfs, etc. then as soon as they say they are going to try and address these issues you start bashing them? I'm so tired of this negative attitude people have EVERY SECOND IN EVERY SITUATION.
    I don't know who you are in real life, but apparently I am supposed to think you are super cool by bashing the people who are trying to make your game life better. I know I know, it's simple code that a genius like yourself could clear up in one day for half their salary despite only being able to theorize about the actual structure they are working with and subsequent bugs that would be tied in with these "easy" changes.
    Do you really think these people are out to get ya? That they could EASILY fix all these issues but maliciously choose not to because...I don't know, this hypothetical just got too absurd.
    Here are the facts of the situation, the devs go to work to pay their bills, just like you and I (and some of your parents), They have good days, and bad days, sometimes mistakes happen, sometimes priorities get shifted for reasons that you and I will never know so why jump on the negative bandwagon? Cause really, you sound like idiots.

DBag: "We have concerns and you must address them now! you steal my money if this isn't fixed in 8 minutes and I will quite the game (that I hate anyway) because you all suck and are bad at your jobs! You OWE ME!
    Dev: "Hey guys, we are trying to work on some of those concerns you brought to our attention in as expeditious a manner as possible while trying to avoid new conflicts."
    DBag: "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP"
    Dev: "...anyway... We will continue to address as many issues as we can as quickly as we feasibly can. Thank you for your... valuable input? It "

You can (and will) complain about everything after the patch, so for the love of god would you not get all worked up about a possibility in a hypothetical situation that won't even maybe exist until the future?
    Oh you're THAT guy. Always a White Knight that comes along to "save" the Devs after people complain and insult them. You Sir, are awesome. You got on here with a pre-emptive strike before anyone started complaining or attacking the devs. I know this is truly what you want to hear and I will say "Bless you, Sir Knight, for your services to the community. Without you there would be no hope.".

Community Member

This update caused a +3 to +4 Charisma upgrade tome to be bound to me. IT recoded the book and states it was bought in the DDO store when it was in fact looted in the King's Forest.

Seems that its just long... After 15 mn@initialisation step, some files are downloaded....

maybe Progress Bar is an obsolete concept on new launchers...
    This new Launcher is so stuuuuuuuupid !

He has no memory, something like a redfish !

Each time i start it after a reboot or an hybernation, it considers he must do a full initializing step...

This test (dont know what is done but its huge) saturate my poor ADSL 512 k conection for 5-10 mn EACH TIME !

***, old launcher started game immediately ....

U say New Feature !

I say Big Regression and no QA as usual....

This is amazing how much efforts are done to break this great game....

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    Probably logged into the wrong server. I hope it's because you logged into the wrong server at least, would be devastating otherwise!
    Yeah, I almost logged into Argo, but I realized just before I hit PLAY that Khyber wasn't selected.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

just got off lamannia now i can't log into the live severs -.-
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Community Member

Oh great hoped the crashing on login was fix'd but instead I can't even get in now. Anyone else having that issue. Lost connection with server as soon as log in no matter what character I try. Was only doing it once every session now it won't let me play. Ok so I can I can get into other worlds but not the one with all my characters on it?
    Last edited by SylverChaos; 07-15-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Community Member

Angry Everything is gone

Everything i had was gone i went to other severs i had characters on and they are all gone and i had bought Warforged and upgraded my characters slots to where i have 5 instead of 2 and now all of that is gone!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    BAD!

Looks horrible and you deleted all but one of my account names from the drop down.

The only consolation to this new horror you've inflicted upon us is the built in ability to support multiple instances.

Edit: Even worse, it overwrites the newly readded account name with the one which was saved, so now I have two of the same account name on the drop down instead of two different ones, UGH!

Edit 2: And we lost the option to auto login to the last played world as well...
    FYI - if you disable the option for multiple instances the option to auto-login returns

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast