Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Eberron Evil Overlord List

Have you ever read the Evil Overlord List? That, and some of the antics of certain villians inspired me to write these. Please, add some of your own!

1. The entrance to my fortress will be kept shut and locked at all times, unless it's in use. Also, the levers to open the entrance will be on the inside, where no adventurers can reach them.

2. I may be a god, but my priestesses are only mortal. Therefore, I shall instruct them to wear heavy armor, even if they don't look as sexy or stylish as they do in robes.

3. Even if I can cast spells silently, I will not explain my evil plot in the middle of a battle.

4. No matter how powerful I am, I must destroy my enemies whenever I have the chance. Leaving them alive will only lead to trouble later.

Community Member

I surrender.

Practice your maniacal laughter in front of a mirror to make sure you look as cool doing it as you sound.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Who would have the craziest one

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Practice your maniacal laughter in front of a mirror to make sure you look as cool doing it as you sound.
    Speaking on this, I bet Tolero's maniacal laughter would put us all to shame

5 I will only hire intelligent minions. All those who have an average IQ lower than yeast will be used for target practise.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

6. If I have an infinite supply of Portal Keepers, I will use them all at once, every last one of them. And not give the 12 little mites in my Demonweb a chance to escape my wrath, with Ana.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Community Member

7) I will stop putting rest shrines in my dungeons. I will stop putting rest shrines in my dungeons. I will stop putting rest shrines in my dungeons....
    -----------------------------------------
    The Other Sam
    -----------------------------------------
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.- (Adam Savage)

Community Member

8) If I am1000 ft tall and fight adventures the size of my little toe, I will not try and poke them with one figure but rather sit on them all with my huge butt.

9) I will not send my invading army in two at a time, with the most minor peons leading the charge and my elite troops dependent upon the peon's survival. Instead, I will wait to open all the portals at the same time and lead with my shock troops to instantly overwhelm the defending forces. Overwhelming force, shock and awe, those are my tactics.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post

3. Even if I can cast spells silently, I will not explain my evil plot in the middle of a battle.
    To be fair, though...most evil overlords in DDO are completely invulnerable as long as they continue ranting about their plots. Its only once they finish that the adventurers actually kill them.

The smart overlord would just filibuster them until the adventurers have to go pee, then destroy them while they're AFK

Community Member

10) None of my minions shall grow a mustache, for that is my pleasure alone to twirl it while thinking about my next evil plot...which I won't tell those do gooders about this time.

11. When hiring a mercenary army, I will resist temptation to spend cheaply and employ Kobalds. Instead, I will find a group of Level 25 adventurers who will sell themselves for platinum.

Default The Evil Overlord List

Here is a link to the original Evil Overlord List that this thread is in reference to:

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Quote Originally Posted by LordDunmore View Post
    Here is a link to the original Evil Overlord List that this thread is in reference to:

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
    99: "Any data file of crucial importance will be padded to 1.45Mb in size."

Wow, this list is really showing its age. They should probably change that to Gb, or even Tb in a few years time.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

12) I'll spread information about a rare item found in a chest in the cell I'm keeping an useless prisoner. The prisoner is actually a very powerful monster that hate Stormreachers, and the chest activates a trap that locks the cell door and fill the cell with illusory spikes.

12)§1: The trap control box is nearby my throne. The key to the cell is in my pocket (so it can't be picked).
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

13. If I am a might red dragon I will destroy any object behind which my enemies might hide from my deadly attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

14) A small, elite, devoted, and well-compensated team is better than large numbers of untrained, disloyal, and poorly treated minions.

15) My base will not be a linear series of rooms, but a labyrinthine challenge of traps, guarded by my elite team. I will not stay there, but in an unassuming and reasonable rental unit under an assumed name.
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 07-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

16. When having traps installed, I will tell my minions where they are and give them the means to avoid being minced in them. Invaders will not be afforded the same courtesy on either count.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Community Member

17. If I have 10 powerful lieutenants at my disposal who are able to buff each other, I will dispatch more than four to fight the heroes. In fact, I will dispatch all 10 of them.

18. If I can summon deadly whirling blades that can neither be fought nor dispelled, I will summon them at the beginning of the fight rather than holding off in case the heroes are taking too long to kill me.

If I am able to fly I will not try to fight the guy with the sword on the ground, I will instead fly around the area dropping various heavy things like boulders on to him, If they have a bow, I just need to fly higher.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast