Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Then, let repetition wears off after 5 days instead of a week. Done
    The lama system has all repeat penalties fully expire in 36 hours. That makes a 5-day wait a nerf.

Community Member

Yes. It's not difficult to understand.

If they FORCE ME to buy packs because of exp, I won't buy them.

I bought the quest at level 15 or so If I would have felt the oblige to buy packs because I could hardly reach 20, I wouldn't have bought them, at level 5 nor never.

Tweaking the exp would be even more an INCENTIVE to buy those packs. This system will slow people down leveling and thus they will feel the NEED to buy more packs for more exp. This wasn't the case before.
    No, they will feel they have a choice of buying more or taking longer due to the penalties diminishing over time. That sounds like the sort of pay for convenience that the system was sold as.

If they were upping the xp penalties without the diminishing penalties, I would agree with you.

Community Member

Yeah. And however I want grind that exp is up to me, now.
    No it isn't. If you want to run storehouse secret from 1-25, you can't do it. For that statement to be true there would have to be no xp restrictions or penalties in the game at all. But there are. There currently is a repetition penalty and all that is being proposed is to exchange it for another repetition penalty that in some cases will be more onerous and in some less.

Community Member

Sounds like a good change..to you exactly.

Why would I change they way I level because with this change some others will rejoice? I don't understand. What about us powergamers that want to just farm a quest 12 times? Wasn't the whole point of the whole to have a lot of choices? Starting from customization of the character.

Your post has a lot of "I, me, I". This is exactly the problem. I really don't care however you want to play the game but let others do that as well. You want to run once and done? Be my guest, we couldn't care less. You think your way of playing is better than mine? Well okay, I'll stick to mine.

It has worked for 7 years.

I've already stated a SIMPLE solution:

1) Leave the current system as it is
    2) Let the penalty wears off after a week
    3) Rework the exp of packs like Armath and cannith
    4) Add the daily bonus

And EVERYONE would be happy. No need for all of this. And the main point of this sentence is EVERYONE. Not just I, me, my friend. EVERYONE.

And done.
    Except I wouldn't be happy with that. I going on the assumption that capping levels will no longer mean not incurring xp penalties. With this new system I will be able to run any quest I want, once each day for ED xp and never see a penalty. With your system, I will only be able to run them 3-5 times a week before I have to stop to wait out the reset or take a penalty for running them.

Seems like a bad deal to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Today, I'm willing to repeat quests. The way I read this, this change will mean I don't join a group for any quest/difficulty that I have done.

I don't think that will help grouping.
    That you have done within 18 hours. Everything you did once yesterday you can do again today though.

Haha lfms will take an even bigger dive with this LMFAO.

I can't blame Carpone for not wanting to update his Efficient TR Leveling Guide though. It is going to suck TRing now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The lama system has all repeat penalties fully expire in 36 hours. That makes a 5-day wait a nerf.
    Not sure about that. Still not showing math.

We can leave the Repetition decay as it is. 18h cycle gets rid of 50% penalty. Pretty sure that would be no problem now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

mixed feelings about this.

there are definitly good sides to this, I like that f2p now have the possibility to cap with patience.
    I like opening up a wider quest range and juggling between your runs doing 3-4 runs of each rather then farming certain quests dry (I get bored that way anyway).

I do hope the max xp ransack stays at 80% otherwise I will really be disliking not being able to do my favorite quests more then 5 times
    I also am afraid lfm's will decline further because of this and I think grouping up already isn't stimulated enough while games become fun because of playing with other people in general.

I suggest reducing xp penalty by 10% IF one of your team members didn't do the quest yet, this would stimulate people to join lfm's more.

Not sure about that. Still not showing math.

We can leave the Repetition decay as it is. 18h cycle gets rid of 50% penalty. Pretty sure that would be no problem now
    Okay, just so I'm clear on your proposal, you want:

- The same penalty schedule as on live (3 free runs, then -10% per run thereafter)
    - 50% repetition comes off every 18 hours

That's what you're holding your breath until you're blue in the face hoping for? If so, take a breath, because such a system is clearly silly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I did one and done epics on hard BB about 2 months ago. I completed every single quest except High Road, FOT, LOB, MA and CITW with mostly max xp and that got me to 25. it would seem with the new quests, plus the ones I didn't run while still earning xp, we will need that daily bonus to hit level 28.
    I capped long before I got to the 24's so I have several bravery bonuses left. But even if you have burned all the BB streaks, you will be getting the daily bonus, perhaps twice, and potentially a couple hundred thousand xp from saga bonuses if you run all the quests. And you can always run some of them a third time if needed.

There's not enough for one and done unless they lower the xp requirements, but you dont have to run any quest into the ground and dont have to wait weeks. I don't like the side effects of this, and would much rather they left repeat decay alone. But I don't think the argument that there isnt enough xp holds water. Sticking to an arugment that is easily disproved doesn't help make the case.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Okay, just so I'm clear on your proposal, you want:

- The same penalty schedule as on live (3 free runs, then -10% per run thereafter)
    - 50% repetition comes off every 18 hours

That's what you're holding your breath until you're blue in the face hoping for? If so, take a breath, because such a system is clearly silly.
    Silly because..? "Too good"? Sorry, I don't accept it as an answer. You can make ransack go away after 36 hours or 48 but don't dare to answer "it's too good". We have to grind 4m exp. You can bet my ass that I want a TOO GOOD system to make such a pain in the ars less..painfull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

To me the proposed repetition penalty feels like an attempt to force me to play content that I do not want to play. It feels like I am penalized for playing the content I do want to play. And, IMO that feeling is one that no player should have to feel.

The current repeat penalty on quests is small enough that I level past the quest before it becomes onerous. The proposed repetition penalty is large enough that I cannot level past the quest I want to run before it becomes hurtful.

And, IMO, that is the major difference.

Lastly, I still have seen nothing to allay fears for those of us with level capped characters who have already burned first time bonus opportunities on all but the upcoming quests because running them did nothing to our XP totals. We are going to be hurt very much in the mad rush to L28 since streaks and bonuses won't be there for us.

Players should never be forced to run content. The choice of what content to run should belong to the players. And repetition penalties should be small enough that they do not become hurtful until a player has leveled past the preferred content.

Seems to me that quest ransack penalties is an attempt to stop a play mechanic resulting from their poorly implemented design - namely Epic Destiny / Fate Points and the resulting ED XP farming.

The problem with this system is it greatly affects heroic TR and leveling which, with the exception of lack of decent XP quests at certain levels (especially at the upper-end 17+), everyone was perfectly fine with. People could TR, they could not. They could go for bravery bonus, they could not. They could go for max bonuses/optionals, they could not. They could run many quests for first time bonuses or they could repeatedly run select quests repeatedly.

Turbine have done alot in the past to give players more options in regards to the TR system (upping higher difficulty bonuses, bravery bonus, tomes of learning). Don't wipe all those great ideas with this wide-reaching system to halt ONE mechanic I and many others hate - ED XP farming. Leave the system out and instead implement fun options for players to level epic destinies.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

I like the new system, fits my rather slow playstyle better. The biggest plus being not having to worry about which quests to run as to not incur a penalty later on.

Personally i would like to see any quest repetition penalty to go away let people burn themselves out if they wish to.
    But i honestly doubt that is in turbines best interest :P

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    This.

Please, get rid of the sigil flagging for Litany. Run each Necro 4 quest once to flag and done.

Please, let us run Litany once from boss to boss without having to repeat it from the start every time, like Tor's dragons were pre-U17.

Please, let us stay flagged for Stealer of Souls after delivering the gems and essences once. No reason to rerun Prey/EtK/Monastery just to get back there.

And of course, adjust the numbers so that raids are clean after the raid timer ends. This way, people with bypasses still may suffer the XP penalty (they are probably running for loot anyway), but don't affect the others.

Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314