Community Member

Default Agility and others passive skills that improve dodge cap dont works

Just created a monk and that passive cap increase from Agility is broken, Meditations of War is working fine (increase cap to 30).

Confirmed also for Fighter Kensei, that the Ascetic Training: Agility doesn't raise Dodge cap. Improved Mobility on the other hand does, like it's supposed to. This was tested about an hour before the servers went down. Also tried zoning and re-logging, and it didn't help.

Sorry for the "necro", but it probably is the same bug, or if the Monk Agility is fixed, the Fighter one needs the same fix.
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood. And I will fight, yes I will fight. In the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

read by QA

Quote Originally Posted by dassaev View Post
    Just created a monk and that passive cap increase from Agility is broken, Meditations of War is working fine (increase cap to 30).
    Agility on either line worked for me M16/F2/A2. 25 up to 28%.

But not both at the same time which I imagine is WAI.

Hmm, I wonder if it was because you were using a Robe or Outfit, as I was using a Light Leather armour myself, and it didn't have any effect whatsoever. My reason for picking it in the first place would be to raise the cap with Light armour, as Robe/Outfit already has high enough cap. Light will be the armour of choise to me in any case, as the character is built around using the type.

Also if it affects anything, the characters (built total of 4 separate versions for easier comparisons) I was testing were Paladin/Fighter/Rogues, wearing random Light armours from the Test Dojo.
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood. And I will fight, yes I will fight. In the Dawn of Battle!

@Henshaw: One thing to note is that your dodge cap is still capped by your armor dexterity cap. So if you are currently capped by your armor, then raising your Dodge cap does nothing as you are still limited by your armor. Enhancements like Kensei Ascetic Training and Monk's Agility do not affect your armor cap, which is likely why you are facing this issue. In short - they're awesome for when your dodge is not capped by your armor, but useless for when you are as you're facing a different type of Dodge cap (which is where you should get the Improved Mobility Kensei enhancement instead).

Back in Closed Beta (when this was originally reported), Dassaev was correct - dodge cap abilities plain didn't work. From my testing in Open Beta, these issues have since been resolved.

Ok, so it was confusion from my part with the descriptions then... I assumed that it was the same as with Improved Mobility, which actually raises the armour's Dodge cap (and also says so), which is the reason I got confused in the first place. In that case I will have to re-do my build on the Kensei side, as I will want to be wearing Light armour for the (small) PRR. What I'm wondering is, can one really get Dodge (even temporarely, and not just with Reed in the Wind) over the 25% cap for Robes while purely a Fighter (no Monk levels)?

Thank you for clearing it up DrawingGuy. :-)

Ok, as Lamannia is now up, I could re-test the Ascetic Training: Agility, and it doesn't raise the dodge cap, with Light or no armour. I tested it on 4 different characters, of which one was a pure capped Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Henshaw135 View Post
    Ok, as Lamannia is now up, I could re-test the Ascetic Training: Agility, and it doesn't raise the dodge cap, with Light or no armour. I tested it on 4 different characters, of which one was a pure capped Fighter.
    Any item that was claimed to have been "fixed".
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36