Given the devs current loves of clerics (long past due). "Oh we need to upgrade the Protection Tree to Warpriest tree! I guess FVS can get that too." "Divine Avenger? Where?" *design tossed into trash, soaked in 151, firebombed*
So it's pretty obvious we are no longer the "Favored" Soul. So screw being Favored. Time to go Furied Soul!
*Design below is based on the last nonNDA'ed enhancement set coming with the next expansion... I may or may not have checked it on the current NDA'ed beta forums for validity*
As this design is skin of the teeth feat wise and stats and it has so many things to do... probably not for the novice. Do I adrenaline many shot? Do I tick DP? Should I melee for Overwhelming Force trip (and faster Fury Eternal building)? Or should I hjeal? Or should I wing it out of dodge? Energy Drain? My character swapping to this build has also eaten at least +3 tomes and a few +4/5's.
- Energy Drain for nuking almost half a mobs life (aka FVS 18)
- Elven - because they're not ugly.
- FuryShot Damage Capability - Fury of the Wild + Manyshot + Overwhelming Crit (no 10k stars though)
- Raid Healing capability (otherwise this would be a different class)
- AoV archon and DP damage
I like how the new enhancements give Aerenal elves a bonus to both Rapier and Longbow (Balizarde and Pinion!). So as long as we're elf, might as well crank up the ranged damage with some potential for melee damage when manyshot is down, ranged isn't an option or you just want to hit things. Plus elven SP's and some to-hit dex bumps. Also FVS silverflame bow damage bumps. Given you're not a dc caster in anyway, all your spellslots (and more SP's) can go towards buffs/healing/some damage spells. Fury works with both TWF and Ranged pretty evenly. Fury will give HP's and selectable damage bumps. Adrenalin Overload when you can damage and hjeal when you need to. Also SilverFlame for added ranged damage. Divine Foucs & Power for more damage. Tons of damage gear to make you competitive.
S: 16, D: 16, Con: 12, I: 10, W: 14, Cha: 14
(Con seems low but Fury will help with HP's at epic levels (I was over 800 w/o buffs) and if you're having HP problems at lower levels, get better gear or move 2 str points into con... shrug).
(stat levelups into Str, Silver Flame FVS route).
Ranger2/Fvs18 (Ranger levels at 1, 15 for most skills).
1: (ranger level): PA (req by Cleave)
3: Cleave (req by GCleave)
6: Maximize (req for Angel of Vengeance 1 and all around good)
9: Great Cleave (req by OvrWhelmCrit)
12:IC: Ranged (req by OvrWhelmCrit)
15 (ranger) : [TWF, Rapid Shot], ITWF
18: Point Blank Shot (req by Manyshot)
21: Overwhelming Crit
Balance, Jump, Heal, Tumble +4 at start. Try to keep Spellcraft, UMD, Concentration maxed as you level which isn't all that possible unless you have a +4 int tome. (sorry). I did get Heal to 10 or so (Use the ranger level at 15 to bring up lagging Conc then Heal).
Sense Weakness and other awesome stuff. Specifically: Tunnel Vision, Primal Scream, Acute Instinct, Damage Reduction, Sense Weakness, Overwhelming Force, Fury Eternal, Unbridled Fury, and then optional str or con or gird against demons.
Twists: (4)Energy Burst, (2)Damage Boost or Saves or Fort or YOUPICK, (1)Endless Faith 3 or Energy Sheath or Cocoon
(Based on public preview 2nd round):
- Aura of Menace/ Summon Archon/ Shield of Condemnation
- Force Arrows t3 (d6 force + 3d10 burst on crit)
- Conjure Arrows
- Aerenal Weapon Training (x4) +4 tohit/damage with rapiers/longbows/longswords
- Arcane Archer (base) Bow is spell power implement.
- Aracanum (elf) t3 (+100 SP, +3 spen)
- Efficient Maximize t2 (-6SP on max)
- Elven Accuracy t3 (+6% attack)
- Elven dex +2
- Energy of the wild +60 spell points (AA sp buff)
- Evocation Focus +1
- Far shot (+1 SA die and 5m extra ranged sa distance)
- Font of power (AoV base) +80 sp, +40 spell power
- Intense Faith (all fire, force, light and physical damage spells caster level +3)
- Zealous Faith (all fire, force, light and physical damage spells maximum level +3)
- Protection (base) +2 AC, +3 spell power (only 4 ranks spent in tree)
- Toughness +15HP (Protection tree)
- Scourge t2: +3 spell power to fire,force,light,physical everytime you cast one - stacks up to 6x with 1x decay every 6s.
- Skill (Elven Weapon Training top tier): +3% dodge, +3%bypass dodge, +3% ranged/melee doublestrike
- Smiting t4 (+8% crit chance for fire, force, light and physical damage spells)
- Vengeful Magic +1% spell crit at 75% health, +1 dc at 50% health +50% crit mult at 25% health.
- Wand and Scroll Mastery 2 (+50%)
- Whirling Blades t1 (+1 hit/damage when dual wielding)
In testing I was seeing 2-3k energy bursts, 2-3k adrenaline (19-20's) (a 4k on a helpless), crazy manyshot damage especially with Fury Eternal running. Plus you have the level damage bumped bbarriers, divine punishments. Energy Drain first hits to steal ~half an EE mobs HP's.
Gear wise there will be lots of new stuff once this build is possible so it's tough to speculate. Don't think you could go wrong now though with Pinion, Planar Focus of Prowess, Halcyon Boots, Epic Black Armor and Helm. You know... the simple stuff that's just laying around.
No mass-heal. I dropped it recently on my currently FVS18/Monk2 for Energy Drain. Haven't really missed it. Saves wise not crazy good... not too bad and you could twist energy sheath when needed (EE blue dragon), though I also use a Ring of the Djinn.
Interested in others constructive thoughts. I have played ranged but not recently. The build is mostly for EE questing/raiding when most of the people you're playing with may be self-sufficient, they can often spend more time on damage if they don't have to run out of combat after a HUGE hit (beyond Cocoon). Plus Deathward mass, Heal and resurrection are nice. You could obviously do 16/2/2 similar builds (2 paly or 2 monk) if you don't mind losing SP's, energy drain, and a few other spells or 15/5 if you wanted to tier5 one of the ranger trees and only splash AoV. Will also have to update with Warpriest updates... though I believe that's post expansion.