Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default What happens to gear/weapons ML when the Cap Level goes to 28???

    Is there a chance all gear/weapons at +13 or more could have their Minimum Level increased [even +12 if race restricted could be affected on Level 18/20 gear if there's an increase]?

    Using +13 here since not all ML are static... I have weapons that are ML: 21 & 22 that are +13
    and I'm close to getting to using some of them as I approach Level 21... actually counting on them being available, thus the biggest concern at the moment.

    I ask could this happen as an intentional or even unintentional change?

    Guess if you're able to run with all named gear this would not be an issue... but some of us may not be so fortunate and running all named gear may not be in our near future.

    Situational weapons could become affected more than anything, not that is an end of the world problem...
    but would like to be somewhat prepared for gear/weapons being used or planned on using in a level or two at Levels 21-22... all of a sudden become ML:24-28.


    **edit**

    this question was posed on existing random generated gear/weapons.
    Last edited by Moonsickle; 07-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  2. #2
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dothan, Alabama
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    Is there a chance all gear/weapons at +13 or more could have their Minimum Level increased [even +12 if race restricted could be affected on Level 18/20 gear if there's an increase]?

    Using +13 here since not all ML are static... I have weapons that are ML: 21 & 22 that are +13
    and I'm close to getting to using some of them as I approach Level 21... actually counting on them being available, thus the biggest concern at the moment.

    I ask could this happen as an intentional or even unintentional change?

    Guess if you're able to run with all named gear this would not be an issue... but some of us may not be so fortunate and running all named gear may not be in our near future.

    Situational weapons could become affected more than anything, not that is an end of the world problem...
    but would like to be somewhat prepared for gear/weapons being used or planned on using in a level or two at Levels 21-22... all of a sudden become ML:24-28.
    New and challenging content should require new and challenging to get gear. Other wise why would the level cap change?

  3. #3
    Community Member Cleanincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Unless it's some sort of bug, they're not going to change the ML on an item that has already been received. I'm assuming that items will stay the same, but add more power to them, as well as a higher ML as a result. Suck as +15 items being available at a higher ML, or even more. But +13 items should remain dropping for the levels that they currently are available. Baring any potential bugs of course.

  4. #4
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    New and challenging content should require new and challenging to get gear. Other wise why would the level cap change?


    ???


    sorry... it was all I could think of at the moment.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  5. #5
    Community Member psykopeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hidden in a secret hold
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    Unless it's some sort of bug, they're not going to change the ML on an item that has already been received.
    there're plenty items, as example from sharn syndicate chain, that say the opposite thing

    when they added the augment slots, old ml items remained statics, because new ones+ slots had their ML modified

    looks like new change will have a rework with ML's and +'s, so maybe that +13 becomes a +11 with ml 21, or keeps being a +13, then will be ML25, can be sure

    in the last range of lvls, to add random gen powerful stuff, you get some space-time deformation

    strongest random gen item is max lvl, but maybe it's +16, but hey a +16 can't have the same ML than a +13!! so they ignore the rule of ML = ("+"x2)-1

    maybe they keep doing it at high lvl, maybe not, it's not a big deal, you can get named everywhere, pretty easy and powerful
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    strongest random gen item is max lvl, but maybe it's +16, but hey a +16 can't have the same ML than a +13!! so they ignore the rule of ML = ("+"x2)-1
    The rule has been out the window ever since thaumaturgy staves were introduced, which have a higher enchantment level than other lootgen of the same ML.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload