Thread: No Thank you!

Default No Thank you!

Just did try to set the new Tree for my toons and tbh I really dont like it. Arcane Archer dont get Slay Living Arrows any more? you have to Singelshot whit a Cool down of 20 seconds and spend 20 Sp each time? I did check 3 Toons so far an only one will be playable any mor like bevore all others must be TRed again ( and sure youll have to buy the Hart of wood in the shop ), and *** did i hunt Stuff for when it dose not work any more? The assasine just get Bonus for Daggers and Kukri? Yes i just dump my GS Weapons then........
    Leader of The Cheeky People on Cannith
    Alts: Groshy, Fattwig, Hotpants, Gimpo, Quintara, Shorttwig, Wulfbrann, Hackandslay and Freki

Quote Originally Posted by Demeron View Post
    Just did try to set the new Tree for my toons and tbh I really dont like it. Arcane Archer dont get Slay Living Arrows any more? you have to Singelshot whit a Cool down of 20 seconds and spend 20 Sp each time? I did check 3 Toons so far an only one will be playable any mor like bevore all others must be TRed again ( and sure youll have to buy the Hart of wood in the shop ), and *** did i hunt Stuff for when it dose not work any more? The assasine just get Bonus for Daggers and Kukri? Yes i just dump my GS Weapons then........
    With Soul Magic, the 20 sp is hardly an issue. The cool down is a little high. The dmg is higher for burst because of rate.

I think in the long run, the new AA works better and has a higher average damage output, but that' more of an opinion than a proven fact - I'm too incompetent to check the numbers.

Community Member

I made a 2/6/12 (art/ranger/monk)

With the monk 30% bonus damage on stun, and the Shad always pinning, I hit for about 1800-2000 with the new slaying shot...

You line up 4 guys, and hit your stun, that is 30% more damage on the whole row, and your slaying arrow just cuts down the whole mess of them.

Not to mention, the fire shot, with multi stacks up, and if you multi when you slay shot, it hits 4 times each target... for 1800... UGH...

So, it's still a CRAZY stupid burst.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

As an archer enthusiast, I like the idea of the new slayer arrows, but it's a damn pain in the ass practically. I tend to play melee because I'm a mouselook player, and there are way too many clickes now. I would much rather they just hit on a 20 (can they hit on a crit for 250+mult? that doesn't seem too insane at epic. I'd love to kill something in under 30 sec when i have 5 on me at a time.) like before and free up my 1-0 hotbar. With ED, I had to rearrange my main hotbar and I still have more arrows than I can possibly manage, blowing out my SP so fast it's like I'm healing a raid as a gimped FvS. I have to keep my heals readily available for solo and shortman quests, so I'd prefer 1-2 hotbar slots for a cure crit and heal pots. I have 8 hotbars as it was, and now it's just clogging up my screen. Is it possible to set up an arrow buff as a tertiary effect, like before? Realistically, I'd pop an arrow enhancement at the beginning of the quest, and select the one most useful for the task. i don't want to keep switching and clicking and burn all my low sp so i can't heal myself when i'm always out of the clerics mass buff range.

I'd much rather pay attention to the story and the quest, instead of frantically hitting buttons as they cool down. Makes me feel like a robot.

Otherwise, I think the new enhancement system is awesome. My dwarf kensei is a lot more fun. Arcane archer is getting a little too arcane, if you kow what I mean.
    Last edited by MangLord; 07-14-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demeron View Post
    The assasine just get Bonus for Daggers and Kukri? Yes i just dump my GS Weapons then........
    Dagger in the Back: You may use Dex for damage with daggers and kukris. If you have weapon finesse, this applies to melee weapons with which you can use your dex modifier to hit.

As you can see, "assasine" Can still use any light weapon or rapiers, it's just that you don't need weapon finesse if you use daggers or kukris.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    Dagger in the Back: You may use Dex for damage with daggers and kukris. If you have weapon finesse, this applies to melee weapons with which you can use your dex modifier to hit.

As you can see, "assasine" Can still use any light weapon or rapiers, it's just that you don't need weapon finesse if you use daggers or kukris.
    Er. Deepwood Sniper. ANY weapon that you can use with finesse is dex for damage.

edit: that includes bows. which, with bow strength (as best as I've seen from testing) stacks with dex for damage. Ive been doing 200 damage with the new sniper shot with great regularity with my unimpressive greatbow of the scrag from crit damage alone, + 5d6 sneak damage on top.

more edit: Also, deepwood stalker lets you take melee weapon bonuses instead of ranged bonuses to do _interesting_ things in combat.
    Last edited by Scrag; 07-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.