Thread: cursed items

Community Member

Default cursed items

I only saw one from a pawn broker, but I like the idea of having cursed items that lower the minimum level.

I did not pick it up, (or try equipping it) - it would be nice if the cursed effect could be hidden on items, preventing the item from being unequipped, and then requiring a remove curse which identifies the effect, and reveals the full name of the item as cursed. it would make the remove curse spell more useful.
    or if that is too severe, maybe equipping the item would bestows the curse debuff effect, and also prevents the item from being discarded or sold, until a remove curse is cast.

Have you not ran the last like 4 raids added in tired of using remove curse I did a CITW and used 80 pots so no that spell is used to much
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Community Member

I am dismayed that they are getting rid of the racial requirements (replacing with masterful craftsmanship).

what I would have liked to see are the racial requirements being made inherent to the item, so that even if they are disjuncted, the racial requirement/lower min level remains with the item.

why get rid of racial requirements? it is a benefit of having umd.

Quote Originally Posted by stoniar View Post
    I am dismayed that they are getting rid of the racial requirements (replacing with masterful craftsmanship).

what I would have liked to see are the racial requirements being made inherent to the item, so that even if they are disjuncted, the racial requirement/lower min level remains with the item.

why get rid of racial requirements? it is a benefit of having umd.
    I am annoyed that this is a retroactive change so all our pre-existing items are being rewritten including their min levels.
    so items that had a non-standard min level are now rewritten to a min level that is worse than Cannith crafted items.

Now my once precious treasured random items that I have accumulated over the last 5 years for alt lowbies and TR lives are better served being disjuncted into base items for Cannith Crafting or vendor trashed.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

is this for certain? I am upset if that is the case as well.

but I am not sure why the min level would change? if they are changing racial restriction to that wondrous craftsmanship, then would not the end result be the same as the racial restriction? I just liked that it was dependent on umd because it gave a certain edge to that particular item, rather than the wondrous craftsmanship now being available to any class/race. the racial restriction items could not be disjuncted for cannith crafting because it eliminated the restriction after disjunction. it would be nice if the restriction stayed in place.

has someone tested whether the wondrous craftsmanship (with corresponding min level) and cursed effects stay with item after cannith disjunction for crafting? that would be quite nice, but I still want to keep racial restricted items.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I am annoyed that this is a retroactive change so all our pre-existing items are being rewritten including their min levels.
    so items that had a non-standard min level are now rewritten to a min level that is worse than Cannith crafted items.

Now my once precious treasured random items that I have accumulated over the last 5 years for alt lowbies and TR lives are better served being disjuncted into base items for Cannith Crafting or vendor trashed.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

I am confident that this change (from racial restricted to MCI) is all about lag; specifically the UMD item change lag.

If this change greatly eliminates that amount of stutter lag when I change gear in mid stride - I will grin and bear it.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Personally I'm happy that UMD is becoming less relevant. I always saw it as a skill point sinkhole and a halfway exploit for min/maxing. Barbarians are not supposed to cast teleport.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I am confident that this change (from racial restricted to MCI) is all about lag; specifically the UMD item change lag.

If this change greatly eliminates that amount of stutter lag when I change gear in mid stride - I will grin and bear it.

besides, those boots of striding 30% I wear at level 9-11 are kinda small and hurt my WF feet - probably because they are meant for a halfling (only) :P

So will this become retroactive or do we have a grandfather clause?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    besides, those boots of striding 30% I wear at level 9-11 are kinda small and hurt my WF feet - probably because they are meant for a halfling (only) :P

So will this become retroactive or do we have a grandfather clause?
    I hope I get to keep my Min Lvl 8 - WF (20 umd) +1 Paralyzing Greatsword with Icy burst kit on it......
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)