Results 1 to 20 of 111

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default Random effect on Named loot: NO.

    For the ones who missed it from the picturs showed by Squeak, read at the end of his post:

    Prisoner's manacles:

    Epic Elite
    Incite +30%
    Reinforced Fists
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot


    Fell shiv:

    Epic Elite
    +4 Enhancement Bonus
    Greater Vorpal
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Stolen necklace:

    Epic Elite
    Charisma +10
    Random Effect
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Prison break:

    Epic Elite
    +7 Enhancement Bonus
    Random Effect
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Skullduggery kit:

    Epic Elite
    Intelligence Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Dexterity Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot


    I see EVERY PIECE OF NAMED LOOT have 1 or EVEN TWO "Random effect" on it.

    Developers, this is a plea from your players, because I'm sure I'm not the only one:

    WE DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT. WE DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY THE LOTTERY, SPECIALLY ON EPIC ELITE QUESTS.

    You know why noone bothers with ES Challenges? BECAUSE THE LOOT RANDOMIZED SUCKS. We have made this very clear when Eveningstar challenges came up. Now, you have the guts to put randomized effects on EE NAMED LOOT.

    There is still time. Whoever is in charge of these items (Feather_of_Sun, I've no doubt he is in charge of items) needs to step up and say "Sorry, I will try to come up with something better and without random effects" because apparently he didn't get the memo why noone ever bothers with ES challenges.

    Just to make it clear, maybe it is not so clear from this post:

    PLAYERS DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  2. #2
    Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fernia / Mornlands
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    For the ones who missed it from the picturs showed by Squeak, read at the end of his post:

    Prisoner's manacles:

    Epic Elite
    Incite +30%
    Reinforced Fists
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot


    Fell shiv:

    Epic Elite
    +4 Enhancement Bonus
    Greater Vorpal
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Stolen necklace:

    Epic Elite
    Charisma +10
    Random Effect
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Prison break:

    Epic Elite
    +7 Enhancement Bonus
    Random Effect
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Skullduggery kit:

    Epic Elite
    Intelligence Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Dexterity Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot


    I see EVERY PIECE OF NAMED LOOT have 1 or EVEN TWO "Random effect" on it.

    Developers, this is a plea from your players, because I'm sure I'm not the only one:

    WE DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT. WE DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY THE LOTTERY, SPECIALLY ON EPIC ELITE QUESTS.

    You know why noone bothers with ES Challenges? BECAUSE THE LOOT RANDOMIZED SUCKS. We have made this very clear when Eveningstar challenges came up. Now, you have the guts to put randomized effects on EE NAMED LOOT.

    There is still time. Whoever is in charge of these items (Feather_of_Sun, I've no doubt he is in charge of items) needs to step up and say "Sorry, I will try to come up with something better and without random effects" because apparently he didn't get the memo why noone ever bothers with ES challenges.

    Just to make it clear, maybe it is not so clear from this post:

    PLAYERS DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT.
    While having random effects on an item can be grindy and luck at times. I love the mechanic.

    Who doesn't like the GH items that gave different stats to the helms and Goggles and other gear that is useful. At least with some randomness, the item doesn't get pigeon holed into 1 class/build only. (ex how may people would go after Blue dragon helm if it only provided +8 wisdom?).

    This is just an opinion from some one that does like Random Effects, so obviously not all players dislike it.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

  3. #3
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    People who plan their gear setups don't like random effects.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  4. #4
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    While having random effects on an item can be grindy and luck at times. I love the mechanic.

    Who doesn't like the GH items that gave different stats to the helms and Goggles and other gear that is useful. At least with some randomness, the item doesn't get pigeon holed into 1 class/build only. (ex how may people would go after Blue dragon helm if it only provided +8 wisdom?).

    This is just an opinion from some one that does like Random Effects, so obviously not all players dislike it.
    The mechanic is stupid. Just curious: do you grind ES challenges to have the uber combination of stats? Please don't answer yes, I know it would be a lie

    GH Helms/Goggles are a different thing from these items. Here looks like you can have all sort of things on them. You don't see a blue helm with 1 PRR on it. Why would they let holy IV to be on EE item? Why AC on a caster necklace? It does NOT make any sense.

    Helm and goggles can only have the stat different, to appeal different needs for a character. Here we are playing the lottery.

    Also, there is no need to quote the entire OP to reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  5. #5
    Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fernia / Mornlands
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    People who plan their gear setups don't like random effects.
    A plan my gear layouts a ton, ask anyone from my guild, I'm constantly recalculating gear layout. I don't exlude random items when doing that. I decide what fits my build and play style and try and go after it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    The mechanic is stupid. Just curious: do you grind ES challenges to have the uber combination of stats? Please don't answer yes, I know it would be a lie

    GH Helms/Goggles are a different thing from these items. Here looks like you can have all sort of things on them. You don't see a blue helm with 1 PRR on it. Why would they let holy IV to be on EE item? Why AC on a caster necklace? It does NOT make any sense.

    Helm and goggles can only have the stat different, to appeal different needs for a character. Here we are playing the lottery.

    Also, there is no need to quote the entire OP to reply.
    Yes I farmed ES Challenges for the Cloaks for several of my toons (hated it but did it). As for the random items from there, never saw any real benefit from them at all for my toons.

    as for quoting the whole OP post, that is my choice, not yours.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

  6. #6
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    A plan my gear layouts a ton, ask anyone from my guild, I'm constantly recalculating gear layout. I don't exlude random items when doing that. I decide what fits my build and play style and try and go after it.
    You don't exclude random items? Of course you don't, we haven't any at the moment


    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Yes I farmed ES Challenges for the Cloaks for several of my toons (hated it but did it). As for the random items from there, never saw any real benefit from them at all for my toons.

    as for quoting the whole OP post, that is my choice, not yours.
    Cloaks are not Randomized.

    Exactly, you never saw any real benefit from them because there aren't.

    Let me be clearer:

    You know which kind of loot is there beside named items? Right. RANDOM GENERATED LOOT. We don't need Random effects on NAMED ITEMS. We have them already on Random loot. We don't want Random effects on named items.

    If you like playing the lottery, go and farm chests until you get an uber necklace with Charisma +20, AC +30, SP +4000, Deadly XXL.


    As for quoting the OP: your choice is to make this thread unread-able. What an awesome person you are
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  7. #7
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Random effects are what lootgen is for.

    Did you listen to the feedback from CitW loot with random effects? Grudgingly, yes.

    Did you listen to the feedback from Eveningstar Challenge gear? Nope.

    Open your eyes and read the text and listen this time. Random effects on named gear is a bad idea. I hate it. Others hate it also. It increases grind in an area that already has a large grind associated with it.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  8. #8
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    The mechanic is stupid. Just curious: do you grind ES challenges to have the uber combination of stats? Please don't answer yes, I know it would be a lie
    If I could get groups to do so, I would in limited fashion, honestly.

    Limited being there are certain types of weapons I think could be benifical per my characters play styles. Typically throwers.

    Two things I noticed missing from the op.
    1. Weapon and armor stats of said named items. How do they compare to others of the same level?
    2. How often did they drop?

  9. #9
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If I could get groups to do so, I would in limited fashion, honestly.

    Limited being there are certain types of weapons I think could be benifical per my characters play styles. Typically throwers.

    Two things I noticed missing from the op.
    1. Weapon and armor stats of said named items. How do they compare to others of the same level?
    2. How often did they drop?
    The screenshots can be seen in the threads of the "Items" section.

    I have no intention to run EE quests solo 100 times just to find out their drop rate. I'm even more discouraged knowing that they will have random effects on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    For the ones who missed it from the picturs showed by Squeak, read at the end of his post:

    Prisoner's manacles:

    Epic Elite
    Incite +30%
    Reinforced Fists
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot


    Fell shiv:

    Epic Elite
    +4 Enhancement Bonus
    Greater Vorpal
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Stolen necklace:

    Epic Elite
    Charisma +10
    Random Effect
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Prison break:

    Epic Elite
    +7 Enhancement Bonus
    Random Effect
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot



    Skullduggery kit:

    Epic Elite
    Intelligence Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Dexterity Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot


    I see EVERY PIECE OF NAMED LOOT have 1 or EVEN TWO "Random effect" on it.

    Developers, this is a plea from your players, because I'm sure I'm not the only one:

    WE DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT. WE DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY THE LOTTERY, SPECIALLY ON EPIC ELITE QUESTS.

    You know why noone bothers with ES Challenges? BECAUSE THE LOOT RANDOMIZED SUCKS. We have made this very clear when Eveningstar challenges came up. Now, you have the guts to put randomized effects on EE NAMED LOOT.

    There is still time. Whoever is in charge of these items (Feather_of_Sun, I've no doubt he is in charge of items) needs to step up and say "Sorry, I will try to come up with something better and without random effects" because apparently he didn't get the memo why noone ever bothers with ES challenges.

    Just to make it clear, maybe it is not so clear from this post:

    PLAYERS DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT.
    The problems isn't the random effect - the problem is that many of the random effects are worthless.

    Gianthold offer loot with random effects. MOTU as well - but it's in stats - so there's always someone that could imagine trading you for it or buying it off the auction house.

    The problem with these items and that of Cormyrian Challenge stuff is that too much is random. You're going to find a hard time selling a sub-par longsword with axiomatic on it. Plus these items have an anemic amount of augments on them.

    The only way they can make the loot better is if the random part is from a very select few good random features. Like the longsword - remove parry and make that portion random from greater disruption, greater vorpal or greater banishment. 3 good choices.

    Then make the second random 3d6 of any element including good or 2d6 Force. Again - good amount of damage coupled with a great feature.

    Then add a red augment for EN, orange and red for EH and orange and purple augment for EE. (plus 7/7/8 enhancement)

    If the Devs want to make special loot - something with flavor then for Pete sakes add flavor and a niche use for it.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The problems isn't the random effect - the problem is that many of the random effects are worthless.

    Gianthold offer loot with random effects. MOTU as well - but it's in stats - so there's always someone that could imagine trading you for it or buying it off the auction house.

    The problem with these items and that of Cormyrian Challenge stuff is that too much is random. You're going to find a hard time selling a sub-par longsword with axiomatic on it. Plus these items have an anemic amount of augments on them.

    The only way they can make the loot better is if the random part is from a very select few good random features. Like the longsword - remove parry and make that portion random from greater disruption, greater vorpal or greater banishment. 3 good choices.

    Then make the second random 3d6 of any element including good or 2d6 Force. Again - good amount of damage coupled with a great feature.

    Then add a red augment for EN, orange and red for EH and orange and purple augment for EE. (plus 7/7/8 enhancement)

    If the Devs want to make special loot - something with flavor then for Pete sakes add flavor and a niche use for it.
    I agree that limiting some of the random choices would help some.

    As you said, the Eveningstar Challenge weapons are mostly junk (and let's not even get into words that describe the Eveningstar Challenge armors!). I said that those weapons could have been saved if an additional random tier was added that would consist of Epic Banes for Epic versions and a Greater Bane for the level 16 version. This would turn many trash Eveningstar weapons into a viable weapon more often than not. Not only that, since Eveningstar weapons have a chance of getting Silver/Cold Iron/Adamanine, some people might farm them to get an Epic boss beater. As I stated in a different thread, the Devs have a chance to include this if/when they decide to update the Challenges because of the level cap increase.

  12. #12
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The problems isn't the random effect - the problem is that many of the random effects are worthless.

    Gianthold offer loot with random effects. MOTU as well - but it's in stats - so there's always someone that could imagine trading you for it or buying it off the auction house.

    The problem with these items and that of Cormyrian Challenge stuff is that too much is random. You're going to find a hard time selling a sub-par longsword with axiomatic on it. Plus these items have an anemic amount of augments on them.
    The problems are exactly the random effects. GH has a couple of items with random effect and those random effects are just different stats.

    Also, GH helms are good enough without a stat on it. The random stat is just the icing on the cake. The loot of Shadowfell is just trash, in every single way. The static effects are junk, the random effects are even more junk and the most annoying thing is that EVERY SINGLE NAMED ITEM is built like this. Not a couple like in GH, EVERY ITEM.

    And we still haven't heard anything from a Developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  13. #13
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Bump.

    I know that a certain treasure designer is QUITE enamored with the idea of utterly random properties on loot but grinding this stuff out is bad enough already. I can't imagine how much worse it will be when there is a chance you'll get some epic elite weapon with plant bane on it.

    DunRobar rings are a good example of an acceptable amount of randomness, to me. Two properties with 4 permutations each is not completely unreasonable. eGH treasure with one property that changes within a set and defined list of what they are (stats on the Intricate Field Optics, stats on the dragon helms, the stat AUGMENT that comes in a Jeweled Cloak et al.) is perfectly acceptable. But from what I've seen, there is no rhyme or reason to what random properties are being put on the named items out of the new expansion quests.

    I don't like it, and I think it it a cop out. Not everyone loves random loot. Planning a build requires planning for gear. It sucks to have to settle for "good enough" gear because someone decided that every item in the game should be a **** shoot. You got rid of the seal/shard/scroll mechanic because you could do 1 run for your shard or 1,000 and never be any closer to what you want. Same thing holds true for these random properties. You could pull that named item 1,000 times, and 1,000 times get something that is utterly useless as a result, and be no closer to what you want than when you started. That's bad.

  14. #14
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I'm sure all those devs and people loving new random named junk will really love pseudo DPS weapons with awesome enhancements like unholy 4, wizardry 7 or swim +20.

  15. #15
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Bump.

    I know that a certain treasure designer is QUITE enamored with the idea of utterly random properties on loot but grinding this stuff out is bad enough already. I can't imagine how much worse it will be when there is a chance you'll get some epic elite weapon with plant bane on it.

    SNIP
    Don't worry. This is what everybody will look for:

    Melees/Ranged:

    Deadly XI
    Stat +11
    Random DPS weapon that may outclass CitW (or just stick with Clever/SoS/Ivy/Agony/Pinion/Twilight)

    Casters:

    Focus +5
    Stat +11
    Spellpower +136
    Spellcraft/Heal +20

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I'm sure all those devs and people loving new random named junk will really love pseudo DPS weapons with awesome enhancements like unholy 4, wizardry 7 or swim +20.
    What makes me laugh is all those people saying "omg we lovezzz randomzzzzz" are now suggesting Melange to change the items. They were sooooo sure that they would get a tons of GH Helms and goggles-like items that now that the truth is in front of their faces, they are regretting it.

    It is so damn amusing and yet so damn sad. It's been a month of me and everyone else who agrees with me (the majority of the forum and most of the people I know in game) fighting to have the items changed but it's all been useless. Once again, our feedback has been ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload