Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I almost forgot: no new weapon with Assassinate DC. If we want to assassinate something, we are stuck with EMG, an uuuber weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I can see one point of random (ok semi random - random from level appropriate list) - means you might e able to fit in a piece of gear without it causing a domino effect....
    This is a bit off topic since it has less to do with the random effects and more with the named gear, but it does address the domino effect mentioned above.

You know way back when Genasi was asking for input for upgrading the weak Epic gear in House P, Sands and Red Fends, I made the suggestion to remove all +6 Stat and replacing them with Clear Slots so players could add the +6 Stat that they want to the item since many times players were ending up with three or four of the same Stat in their gear.

Fast forward today with all the changes to Slots and such, I think this idea is even more valid. The past couple of updates, we've had items with +7 (which was pretty rare but not unusual before MOTU) and +8 Stats. This update negates pretty much all gear with stat prior to this release since up to +11 Stats are available now. This is not unlike the situation where MOTU's randomly generated items wiping out arguably 90% of all old Epic gear that was harder to get.

I really hope the Devs go back and replace all epic gear with Stats on them and replace the Stats on these items with Clear Slots and the appropriate Stat. This way players can upgrade the items if they want or farm for the new gear. It would also prevent or slow down the obsoleting of all previous gear.

Again, sorry for going a bit off topic, although both the inflating off Stats that invalidates all previous gear with static Stats and just making everything else randomly generated is just poor or lazy loot design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    For the ones who missed it from the picturs showed by Squeak, read at the end of his post:

Prisoner's manacles:

Epic Elite
    Incite +30%
    Reinforced Fists
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot

Fell shiv:

Epic Elite
    +4 Enhancement Bonus
    Greater Vorpal
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot

Stolen necklace:

Epic Elite
    Charisma +10
    Random Effect
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Prison break:

Epic Elite
    +7 Enhancement Bonus
    Random Effect
    Random Effect
    Empty Red Augment Slot

Skullduggery kit:

Epic Elite
    Intelligence Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Dexterity Skills – Exceptional Bonus +6
    Random Effect
    Empty Green Augment Slot

I see EVERY PIECE OF NAMED LOOT have 1 or EVEN TWO "Random effect" on it.

Developers, this is a plea from your players, because I'm sure I'm not the only one:

WE DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT. WE DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY THE LOTTERY, SPECIALLY ON EPIC ELITE QUESTS.

You know why noone bothers with ES Challenges? BECAUSE THE LOOT RANDOMIZED SUCKS. We have made this very clear when Eveningstar challenges came up. Now, you have the guts to put randomized effects on EE NAMED LOOT.

There is still time. Whoever is in charge of these items (Feather_of_Sun, I've no doubt he is in charge of items) needs to step up and say "Sorry, I will try to come up with something better and without random effects" because apparently he didn't get the memo why noone ever bothers with ES challenges.

Just to make it clear, maybe it is not so clear from this post:

PLAYERS DO NOT WANT RANDOM EFFECTS ON NAMED LOOT.
    The problems isn't the random effect - the problem is that many of the random effects are worthless.

Gianthold offer loot with random effects. MOTU as well - but it's in stats - so there's always someone that could imagine trading you for it or buying it off the auction house.

The problem with these items and that of Cormyrian Challenge stuff is that too much is random. You're going to find a hard time selling a sub-par longsword with axiomatic on it. Plus these items have an anemic amount of augments on them.

The only way they can make the loot better is if the random part is from a very select few good random features. Like the longsword - remove parry and make that portion random from greater disruption, greater vorpal or greater banishment. 3 good choices.

Then make the second random 3d6 of any element including good or 2d6 Force. Again - good amount of damage coupled with a great feature.

Then add a red augment for EN, orange and red for EH and orange and purple augment for EE. (plus 7/7/8 enhancement)

If the Devs want to make special loot - something with flavor then for Pete sakes add flavor and a niche use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I get what you're saying but the same thing could have been accomplished in a much more player friendly fashion. What if the same item looked like this:

Charisma 10 + Yellow Slot + Gold Slot

The Gold Slot holds a new set of named augments that are the exact same as the random effects so you could get a Gold Augment of Natural Armor 9 that drops perhaps in the explorer zone or even in the same chest as the item itself. You get the same set of effects, but the randomness is removed from the item and control is given to the players. You can freely trade these new augments as I'd make them unbound and the items remain BtCoE. If your gearset needs to be swapped at a later date, you may only need to upgrade one or both augments to make it work and if the item itself becomes outdated, you can toolbox out the gold augment to use at a later time on something else. The key element here is options over randomness. I feel players would really have preferred it if it looked like this instead.
    That would be a great ID. I rather have a system where you know what you get and you work towards a goal to upgrade it to what you like then to farm the same quest over and over for the perfect combination of features. Getting a little something towards a future goal is a much better incentive then getting something that is worthless to a majority of your toons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The problems isn't the random effect - the problem is that many of the random effects are worthless.

Gianthold offer loot with random effects. MOTU as well - but it's in stats - so there's always someone that could imagine trading you for it or buying it off the auction house.

The problem with these items and that of Cormyrian Challenge stuff is that too much is random. You're going to find a hard time selling a sub-par longsword with axiomatic on it. Plus these items have an anemic amount of augments on them.

The only way they can make the loot better is if the random part is from a very select few good random features. Like the longsword - remove parry and make that portion random from greater disruption, greater vorpal or greater banishment. 3 good choices.

Then make the second random 3d6 of any element including good or 2d6 Force. Again - good amount of damage coupled with a great feature.

Then add a red augment for EN, orange and red for EH and orange and purple augment for EE. (plus 7/7/8 enhancement)

If the Devs want to make special loot - something with flavor then for Pete sakes add flavor and a niche use for it.
    I agree that limiting some of the random choices would help some.

As you said, the Eveningstar Challenge weapons are mostly junk (and let's not even get into words that describe the Eveningstar Challenge armors!). I said that those weapons could have been saved if an additional random tier was added that would consist of Epic Banes for Epic versions and a Greater Bane for the level 16 version. This would turn many trash Eveningstar weapons into a viable weapon more often than not. Not only that, since Eveningstar weapons have a chance of getting Silver/Cold Iron/Adamanine, some people might farm them to get an Epic boss beater. As I stated in a different thread, the Devs have a chance to include this if/when they decide to update the Challenges because of the level cap increase.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post

The problems are exactly the random effects. GH has a couple of items with random effect and those random effects are just different stats.

Also, GH helms are good enough without a stat on it. The random stat is just the icing on the cake. The loot of Shadowfell is just trash, in every single way. The static effects are junk, the random effects are even more junk and the most annoying thing is that EVERY SINGLE NAMED ITEM is built like this. Not a couple like in GH, EVERY ITEM.

And we still haven't heard anything from a Developer.

Bump.

I know that a certain treasure designer is QUITE enamored with the idea of utterly random properties on loot but grinding this stuff out is bad enough already. I can't imagine how much worse it will be when there is a chance you'll get some epic elite weapon with plant bane on it.

DunRobar rings are a good example of an acceptable amount of randomness, to me. Two properties with 4 permutations each is not completely unreasonable. eGH treasure with one property that changes within a set and defined list of what they are (stats on the Intricate Field Optics, stats on the dragon helms, the stat AUGMENT that comes in a Jeweled Cloak et al.) is perfectly acceptable. But from what I've seen, there is no rhyme or reason to what random properties are being put on the named items out of the new expansion quests.

I don't like it, and I think it it a cop out. Not everyone loves random loot. Planning a build requires planning for gear. It sucks to have to settle for "good enough" gear because someone decided that every item in the game should be a **** shoot. You got rid of the seal/shard/scroll mechanic because you could do 1 run for your shard or 1,000 and never be any closer to what you want. Same thing holds true for these random properties. You could pull that named item 1,000 times, and 1,000 times get something that is utterly useless as a result, and be no closer to what you want than when you started. That's bad.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I'm sure all those devs and people loving new random named junk will really love pseudo DPS weapons with awesome enhancements like unholy 4, wizardry 7 or swim +20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Bump.

I know that a certain treasure designer is QUITE enamored with the idea of utterly random properties on loot but grinding this stuff out is bad enough already. I can't imagine how much worse it will be when there is a chance you'll get some epic elite weapon with plant bane on it.

SNIP
    Don't worry. This is what everybody will look for:

Melees/Ranged:

Deadly XI
    Stat +11
    Random DPS weapon that may outclass CitW (or just stick with Clever/SoS/Ivy/Agony/Pinion/Twilight)

Casters:

Focus +5
    Stat +11
    Spellpower +136
    Spellcraft/Heal +20

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I'm sure all those devs and people loving new random named junk will really love pseudo DPS weapons with awesome enhancements like unholy 4, wizardry 7 or swim +20.
    What makes me laugh is all those people saying "omg we lovezzz randomzzzzz" are now suggesting Melange to change the items. They were sooooo sure that they would get a tons of GH Helms and goggles-like items that now that the truth is in front of their faces, they are regretting it.

It is so damn amusing and yet so damn sad. It's been a month of me and everyone else who agrees with me (the majority of the forum and most of the people I know in game) fighting to have the items changed but it's all been useless. Once again, our feedback has been ignored.

Community Member

/signed for no random named :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Once again, our feedback has been ignored.
    notice how few devs have posted in lam this time around. I was sure that this xpac would be different then motu but I was mistaken. We are just as ignored and I see fewer people logging on as time goes by. There needs to be thing in the game that players want, not what the devs think is fun. I was told in Motu beta that I need to accept the change and be happy, but I stoped playing every day and cut back on my spending to just a trickle of what it had been. If the game is going to keep ramming unwant carp down our throats the devs are going to need a new job aas there not going to be enough players paying to support them.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456