Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111
  1. #81
    Community Member Certon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westminster, California
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyxxx View Post
    If the random effect is really secondary (aka Hide of the Goristro if you don't use Tactical Feats) you can do it.
    If the random effect is very important, you can't do it.
    Important?

    Like a random effect to give +6 strength even though you have +8 strength already? It wouldn't be a big deal. I see the problem being that people would see the list of different effects and want the optimal one, creating a 'sour grapes' situation. Removing the random effect completely is more negative, and adding a static effect is negative to most but the ones the static effect favors. It's pandering to a minority.

  2. #82
    Community Member Certon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westminster, California
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Please read this reply again? Now delete it. The most non-sense reply I've ever seen.

    Planning a build on Random loot/effects. Sure.
    Would it be better if the random effect was completely taken away? If so, your concept is more nonsensical than mine.

  3. #83
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Would it be better if the random effect was completely taken away? If so, your concept is more nonsensical than mine.
    A named item with one effect? We've seen very few of them so no. It should have something else with it. Simply as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  4. #84
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    And looks like Storm Horn will have **** random effects on named loot too. Check them out in the Items section.

    Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2? Are they being nerfed or is this just a Named loot made by a monkey?

    Right now, I'm not feeling the hype of MotU loot. I haven't seen ONE single NAMED LOOT that I will actually grind to have it. Not a single item to that made me go "Wow, this is awesome. Gonna get it for sure". Actually, what I'm feeling is A LOT of disappointment about this loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  5. #85
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Double checked the descriptions posted by Squeak. Every single item has one random effects and every single one of them sucks. Not just because of the Random effect (but mostly) but even cause the static one is junk.

    The only non-random Named item so far is a pair of gloves:

    Gloves:

    EE:

    Epic Elite
    Intelligence +11
    Illusion Focus V
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    With the amazing Illusion Focus V.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  6. #86
    Community Member TPICKRELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Double checked the descriptions posted by Squeak. Every single item has one random effects and every single one of them sucks. Not just because of the Random effect (but mostly) but even cause the static one is junk.

    The only non-random Named item so far is a pair of gloves:

    Gloves:

    EE:

    Epic Elite
    Intelligence +11
    Illusion Focus V
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    With the amazing Illusion Focus V.
    And that item would be greatly enhanced if the illusion focus V was instead a random focus V...
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

  7. #87
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

    Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2?
    Good spot.

    I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.

  8. #88
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Good spot.

    I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.
    I will do.

    Should I bug report any Named item with Random effects? They are all weaker than standard named items too.

    /sarcasm..or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  9. #89
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    I can see one point of random (ok semi random - random from level appropriate list) - means you might e able to fit in a piece of gear without it causing a domino effect....

  10. #90
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I can see one point of random (ok semi random - random from level appropriate list) - means you might e able to fit in a piece of gear without it causing a domino effect....
    There is another bigged point: people won't bother grinding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  11. #91
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Good spot.

    I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.
    Squeak just said that that Rapier is actually a longsword. Even more useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  12. #92
    Community Member Systern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    And looks like Storm Horn will have **** random effects on named loot too. Check them out in the Items section.

    Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2? Are they being nerfed or is this just a Named loot made by a monkey?

    Right now, I'm not feeling the hype of MotU loot. I haven't seen ONE single NAMED LOOT that I will actually grind to have it. Not a single item to that made me go "Wow, this is awesome. Gonna get it for sure". Actually, what I'm feeling is A LOT of disappointment about this loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Good spot.

    I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Squeak just said that that Rapier is actually a longsword. Even more useless.

    Also note that it does Slashing damage, not pierce.

    So it's a longsword that uses rapier proficiency and IC:Piercing to break zombie DR and such.

  13. #93
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    And that item would be greatly enhanced if the illusion focus V was instead a random focus V...
    I wouldn't bother trying to tell him this....
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  14. #94
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Also note that it does Slashing damage, not pierce.

    So it's a longsword that uses rapier proficiency and IC:Piercing to break zombie DR and such.
    Still useless thou. Triple.-Pos GS outclasses it by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  15. #95
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I will do.

    Should I bug report any Named item with Random effects? They are all weaker than standard named items too.

    /sarcasm..or not.
    Bug report anything we disagree with that's what we were asked to do

  16. #96
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Bug report anything we disagree with that's what we were asked to do
    They should have learnt their lesson with MotU. Instead, we have this all over again. And there is not a single Developer to have the guts to chime in here and admit the huge mistake they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  17. #97
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Any Developer willing to talk with us?

    I can't understand the point of putting Lamannia online at the end of the week when half of the days they are offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  18. #98
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    i noticed this too, all i have seen during the Beta were QA people (awesome as they were XD)

    If we can have a chat with actual developers we might be able to show them the problems of the expansion.
    This way we atleast get some propper feedback.


    With the current system all our "suggestions" go onto a big pile and we have no idea how these are prioritised. Btw, said bug report system does't always work properly either...

  19. #99
    The Hatchery samthedagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Church of the Sovereign Host
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    I really dislike the idea of randomly generated effects on named items unless they are limited in scope. A perfect example of a good item with randomly generated effects is the flawless dragon helm from Epic Gianthold Tor. For example, the blue armor set is clearly geared towards casters, so there are six possible permutations, all of which involve Int, Wis, or Cha (i.e. caster stats). This is good design. However to open Pandora's Box to practically any random effect makes EE loot essentially not worth farming for. Narrow the focus of these items a little with a small list of limited random effects based on the type of characters they will appear to and the items will be fine.

  20. #100
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    I really dislike the idea of randomly generated effects on named items unless they are limited in scope. A perfect example of a good item with randomly generated effects is the flawless dragon helm from Epic Gianthold Tor. For example, the blue armor set is clearly geared towards casters, so there are six possible permutations, all of which involve Int, Wis, or Cha (i.e. caster stats). This is good design. However to open Pandora's Box to practically any random effect makes EE loot essentially not worth farming for. Narrow the focus of these items a little with a small list of limited random effects based on the type of characters they will appear to and the items will be fine.
    Yes but again: there should be only 3-4 items like this in an update, like eGH with Helms and Field optics.

    The gloves of the Master illusionist could be a perfect example where a system like Tor helms would be appreciated.

    Instead, we get all that **** on every item of this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload