Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyxxx View Post
    If the random effect is really secondary (aka Hide of the Goristro if you don't use Tactical Feats) you can do it.
    If the random effect is very important, you can't do it.
    Important?

Like a random effect to give +6 strength even though you have +8 strength already? It wouldn't be a big deal. I see the problem being that people would see the list of different effects and want the optimal one, creating a 'sour grapes' situation. Removing the random effect completely is more negative, and adding a static effect is negative to most but the ones the static effect favors. It's pandering to a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Please read this reply again? Now delete it. The most non-sense reply I've ever seen.

Planning a build on Random loot/effects. Sure.
    Would it be better if the random effect was completely taken away? If so, your concept is more nonsensical than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Would it be better if the random effect was completely taken away? If so, your concept is more nonsensical than mine.
    A named item with one effect? We've seen very few of them so no. It should have something else with it. Simply as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

And looks like Storm Horn will have **** random effects on named loot too. Check them out in the Items section.

Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2? Are they being nerfed or is this just a Named loot made by a monkey?

Right now, I'm not feeling the hype of MotU loot. I haven't seen ONE single NAMED LOOT that I will actually grind to have it. Not a single item to that made me go "Wow, this is awesome. Gonna get it for sure". Actually, what I'm feeling is A LOT of disappointment about this loot.

Double checked the descriptions posted by Squeak. Every single item has one random effects and every single one of them sucks. Not just because of the Random effect (but mostly) but even cause the static one is junk.

The only non-random Named item so far is a pair of gloves:

Gloves:

EE:

Epic Elite
    Intelligence +11
    Illusion Focus V
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

With the amazing Illusion Focus V.

Double checked the descriptions posted by Squeak. Every single item has one random effects and every single one of them sucks. Not just because of the Random effect (but mostly) but even cause the static one is junk.

The only non-random Named item so far is a pair of gloves:

Gloves:

EE:

Epic Elite
    Intelligence +11
    Illusion Focus V
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

With the amazing Illusion Focus V.
    And that item would be greatly enhanced if the illusion focus V was instead a random focus V...
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2?
    Good spot.

I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Good spot.

I would definitely be bug reporting any weapon with a weaker critical profile than standard.
    I will do.

Should I bug report any Named item with Random effects? They are all weaker than standard named items too.

/sarcasm..or not.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

I can see one point of random (ok semi random - random from level appropriate list) - means you might e able to fit in a piece of gear without it causing a domino effect....

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I can see one point of random (ok semi random - random from level appropriate list) - means you might e able to fit in a piece of gear without it causing a domino effect....
    There is another bigged point: people won't bother grinding them.

Good spot.

Squeak just said that that Rapier is actually a longsword. Even more useless.

And looks like Storm Horn will have **** random effects on named loot too. Check them out in the Items section.

Also, there is a Rapier 19-20/x2. Aren't Rapiers supposed to be 18-20/x2? Are they being nerfed or is this just a Named loot made by a monkey?

Right now, I'm not feeling the hype of MotU loot. I haven't seen ONE single NAMED LOOT that I will actually grind to have it. Not a single item to that made me go "Wow, this is awesome. Gonna get it for sure". Actually, what I'm feeling is A LOT of disappointment about this loot.
    Good spot.

Squeak just said that that Rapier is actually a longsword. Even more useless.

Also note that it does Slashing damage, not pierce.

So it's a longsword that uses rapier proficiency and IC:Piercing to break zombie DR and such.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    And that item would be greatly enhanced if the illusion focus V was instead a random focus V...
    I wouldn't bother trying to tell him this....
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Also note that it does Slashing damage, not pierce.

So it's a longsword that uses rapier proficiency and IC:Piercing to break zombie DR and such.
    Still useless thou. Triple.-Pos GS outclasses it by a lot.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I will do.

Should I bug report any Named item with Random effects? They are all weaker than standard named items too.

/sarcasm..or not.
    Bug report anything we disagree with that's what we were asked to do

Bug report anything we disagree with that's what we were asked to do
    They should have learnt their lesson with MotU. Instead, we have this all over again. And there is not a single Developer to have the guts to chime in here and admit the huge mistake they are doing.

Any Developer willing to talk with us?

I can't understand the point of putting Lamannia online at the end of the week when half of the days they are offline.

i noticed this too, all i have seen during the Beta were QA people (awesome as they were XD)

If we can have a chat with actual developers we might be able to show them the problems of the expansion.
    This way we atleast get some propper feedback.

With the current system all our "suggestions" go onto a big pile and we have no idea how these are prioritised. Btw, said bug report system does't always work properly either...

I really dislike the idea of randomly generated effects on named items unless they are limited in scope. A perfect example of a good item with randomly generated effects is the flawless dragon helm from Epic Gianthold Tor. For example, the blue armor set is clearly geared towards casters, so there are six possible permutations, all of which involve Int, Wis, or Cha (i.e. caster stats). This is good design. However to open Pandora's Box to practically any random effect makes EE loot essentially not worth farming for. Narrow the focus of these items a little with a small list of limited random effects based on the type of characters they will appear to and the items will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    I really dislike the idea of randomly generated effects on named items unless they are limited in scope. A perfect example of a good item with randomly generated effects is the flawless dragon helm from Epic Gianthold Tor. For example, the blue armor set is clearly geared towards casters, so there are six possible permutations, all of which involve Int, Wis, or Cha (i.e. caster stats). This is good design. However to open Pandora's Box to practically any random effect makes EE loot essentially not worth farming for. Narrow the focus of these items a little with a small list of limited random effects based on the type of characters they will appear to and the items will be fine.
    Yes but again: there should be only 3-4 items like this in an update, like eGH with Helms and Field optics.

The gloves of the Master illusionist could be a perfect example where a system like Tor helms would be appreciated.

Instead, we get all that **** on every item of this expansion.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast