Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I just briefly went thru things...by no means was it completely thorough.

Release notes: (Yes, these are often wrong)

The only note in the release notes regarding sorcs:

From a thread I found that doesn't show on the Dev tracker:
    The spell critical chances are higher, but certainly not that. Nor do they entirely make sense. My fully upgraded blue armor now provides 9% (same as live, higher then it was last build at 3%, no multiplier). My superior lightning lore item is giving 6% to electric, even though you'd think since it is a higher tier power than the blue armor, that it would give higher now. Skiver and Noxious Embers both give 6%.

Still needs work.

EDIT:

Loot gen items indeed give lore in the range you posted. Seen as high as 19% so far. Looks like they just need to give named items a pass then.
    Last edited by chrisdinus7; 07-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    The spell critical chances are higher, but certainly not that. Nor do they entirely make sense. My fully upgraded blue armor now provides 9% (same as live, higher then it was last build at 3%, no multiplier). My superior lightning lore item is giving 6% to electric, even though you'd think since it is a higher tier power than the blue armor, that it would give higher now. Skiver and Noxious Embers both give 6%.

Still needs work.

EDIT:

Loot gen items indeed give lore in the range you posted. Seen as high as 19% so far. Looks like they just need to give named items a pass then.
    Yea from my quick glance, they are all Equipment bonuses. So we are going to have to start looking at what stacks and what doesn't. With no display (a la Spell Power) it will be a little tougher. Hopefully someone with more time can thoroughly test it. I just regurgitated things I have found on the forums.

Yea from my quick glance, they are all Equipment bonuses. So we are going to have to start looking at what stacks and what doesn't. With no display (a la Spell Power) it will be a little tougher. Hopefully someone with more time can thoroughly test it. I just regurgitated things I have found on the forums.
    Yeah, playing around just a bit, it looks like there are still some wonky things with named items. Some seem to give reasonable values, EE Iron beads is 16% but others don't - Epic Bracers of the Wind give 6% to electric. Both gave superior lightning lore before.

Also, as a cross post: 10% is too harsh a drop for the spell lore. Right now, the critical chance difference between arcane lore and a specific element is 3%. Given the higher multiplier, that works out to about a 5% difference. Therefore, Spell Lore items should only be 5% weaker than a corresponding element lore of the same level.

At level 25, I will have:

On Lamannia

8% from enhancements
    5% from Magical Training
    16% from EE Iron Beads
    ----------------------------

29% crit chance, 100% crit damage

On live we have:

9% from enhancements
    12% from items
    ---------------------------
    21% crit chance, 175% crit damage

At level 28 I will have 34% crit chance and 100% crit damage. I would still like my Spell critical damage back but this doesn't look too bad.
    Last edited by Wizza; 07-26-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    At level 25, I will have:

On Lamannia

8% from enhancements
    5% from Magical Training
    16% from EE Iron Beads
    ----------------------------

29% crit chance, 100% crit damage

On live we have:

9% from enhancements
    12% from items
    ---------------------------
    21% crit chance, 125% crit damage

At level 28 I will have 34% crit chance and 100% crit damage. I would still like my Spell critical damage back but this doesn't look too bad.
    On live, you should have 175% extra critical damage, assuming you have maxed the enhancement line and have a superior lore item. All told, on live, criticals should up your damage by 36.75%, where as now on Lam, we get 34% at level 28. A nerf, but a much more workable one.

On live, you should have 175% extra critical damage, assuming you have maxed the enhancement line and have a superior lore item. All told, on live, criticals should up your damage by 36.75%, where as now on Lam, we get 34% at level 28. A nerf, but a much more workable one.
    This evening my brain is not working. I stand still: I'd still like my Critical damage back, at least on items.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Yeah, playing around just a bit, it looks like there are still some wonky things with named items. Some seem to give reasonable values, EE Iron beads is 16% but others don't - Epic Bracers of the Wind give 6% to electric. Both gave superior lightning lore before.
    Wonky is right:

Level 8 Cloak of Flames Tier 2 gives Fire Lore IV
    Level 12 Cloak of Flames Tier 2 gives Ice Lore V (Lol)
    Level 16 Cloak of Flames Tier 2 gives Ice Lore V (Lol again)
    Frozen Tunic Level 16 Tier 2 gives Lightning Lore V (Not sure who went through the cannith pack items, but rofl)
    Rock Boots Level 16 Tier 2 gives Acid Lore V

So once these get fixed to the proper elements, the values are also WAY too low. Generic random loot are double the values here.

epic red scale giving 16% crit chance

epic rock boots giving 6% crit chance

both lore VI
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Hero

Anyone want to bet that Spell Crits on named items get hosed like Spellpower on named items did?

Looks eerily familiar!

Anyone want to bet that Spell Crits on named items get hosed like Spellpower on named items did?

Looks eerily familiar!
    I bet they won't work properly till U20.

*maybe
    Reroll.

I bet they won't work properly till U20.
    you have too much faith.

I snagged a +11 radiance 138 scepter of the auction house with +20% chance for light spells to crit, I almost wet my pants! That, plus magic training, plus 3 from mental/imp mental/epic mental toughness and 8% from enhancements means I'm looking at 36% chance for light spells to crit! Very nice!

I like the changes to spell crits. Spell crit damage was very bursty and not very consistent. Sometimes you got a chain of crits for huge damage, and other times a long chain of no crits. Reducing crit damage while increasing spell crit chances makes for a more even dps.

I'm fine with 100% crit damage as long as I have a 36% chance to crit =)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I snagged a +11 radiance 138 scepter of the auction house with +20% chance for light spells to crit, I almost wet my pants! That, plus magic training, plus 3 from mental/imp mental/epic mental toughness and 8% from enhancements means I'm looking at 36% chance for light spells to crit! Very nice!

I like the changes to spell crits. Spell crit damage was very bursty and not very consistent. Sometimes you got a chain of crits for huge damage, and other times a long chain of no crits. Reducing crit damage while increasing spell crit chances makes for a more even dps.

No.

Do the math. It is a nerf will still be a nerf.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post

It's like having a 1968 Chateau Lafite Rothschild bottle of wine ($700 retail IF you can find it) replaced by boxed wine. Sure both will get you drunk and both are made of grapes. But they are not created equally.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Agree - items with Greater Arcane Lore currently are nerfed on Lamannia - 2% and no extra damage.

Example: Blue Dragonscale.
    You realize that everyone gets a 5% critical chance from Magical Training now... So item nerfs are much less than you might think... And my wizard found it much easier to max out enhancement crit changes than before... I think I had 5% (from enhancements) in my three main schools (force, electric, cold) before, now I have 6% across fire, cold, electric, acid, and force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

No.

Do the math. It is a nerf will still be a nerf.
    It's not much of a nerf... Don't worry, you'll still be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    It's not much of a nerf... Don't worry, you'll still be awesome.
    Ever heard of not settling for anything but the best? A Corvette is awesome but a Ferrari is much more so. And while I would take a Corvette, I'm not going to stop trying to have a Ferrari.

Ever heard of not settling for anything but the best? A Corvette is awesome but a Ferrari is much more so. And while I would take a Corvette, I'm not going to stop trying to have a Ferrari.
    Specially when you HAD a Ferrari and it suddenly turned into a Corvette.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by wizza View Post
    specially when you had a ferrari and it suddenly turned into a corvette.
    Ding! Ding!

Community Member

I think they should make it where you have a crit damage multiplier increase based on your arcane lore from arcane classes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12