Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spell Critical Changes

We've review some numbers for spell criticals. We'll be adjusting spell critical chance provided by items upwards quite a bit. Exact numbers to be determined, but likely higher than those numbers are on live right now. (We are aware they are lower on Lamannia right now. That's changing.)

Default Good News

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We've review some numbers for spell criticals. We'll be adjusting spell critical chance provided by items upwards quite a bit. Exact numbers to be determined, but likely higher than those numbers are on live right now. (We are aware they are lower on Lamannia right now. That's changing.)
    Thank you for listening. Great News!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

Excellent. I look forward to seeing the numbers.

Community Member

What about crit damage multipliers?

Thank you!
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Founder

Thank you!

If this will happen to be quite a bit more than live, then the Crit damage can stay to just 200%.

By quite a bit I means up to 5-10% more than on live (21%).

Also: work on the Dev tracker. Your posts aren't showing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

I noticed that what was greater arcane lore (9% across all spells) is now 2%.

That's on a level 23-24 shadowmail.

I just don't understand these changes. Really - are you to tell me that it will be 2% until level 23ish and then it'll go up a little after that?

I hope those are not final numbers because that would make greater arcane lore completely broken for the majority of the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I noticed that what was greater arcane lore (9% across all spells) is now 2%.

That's on a level 23-24 shadowmail.

I just don't understand these changes. Really - are you to tell me that it will be 2% until level 23ish and then it'll go up a little after that?

I hope those are not final numbers because that would make greater arcane lore completely broken for the majority of the game.
    Dont know what you are complaining about... maybe you felt like not reading the whole comment...
    (We are aware they are lower on Lamannia right now. That's changing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    If this will happen to be quite a bit more than live, then the Crit damage can stay to just 200%.

By quite a bit I means up to 5-10% more than on live (21%).

Also: work on the Dev tracker. Your posts aren't showing there.
    It'd take more then 5 - 10% with crit damage at 200% to match live. On live, you can get 36.75% increase in damage from criticals between the rate and the damage multiplier. At 200% damage multiplier, you need to get to a 36.75% rate to match live. As in, the total rate between enhancements and gear needs to go up by +16% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    It'd take more then 5 - 10% with crit damage at 200% to match live. On live, you can get 36.75% increase in damage from criticals between the rate and the damage multiplier. At 200% damage multiplier, you need to get to a 36.75% rate to match live. As in, the total rate between enhancements and gear needs to go up by +16% or so.
    I'd be okay with 30% Critical chance AND higher (30+) STATIC Spell power than live.

*maybe

Aaand nothing with this build.

*maybe

I'd be okay with 30% Critical chance AND higher (30+) STATIC Spell power than live.
    Apart from the crit chance, that's where I'm sitting on Llama with my main, except a bit higher on spellpower. My static, no EQ spellpower stayed almost the same for light and pos/neg (any variance is by less than 5, which is negligible), and went up on everything else by ~60-70. Fully equipped, with a full stack of Scourge going (which, as the shoulder cannon adds to the stack, is pretty much static in combat), my base spellpower for light/force/fire is 30 to 100 higher than live. Up the crit chance to 30%, and my damage output actually increases vastly, especially with an additional +1 to evocation DCs.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Apart from the crit chance, that's where I'm sitting on Llama with my main, except a bit higher on spellpower. My static, no EQ spellpower stayed almost the same for light and pos/neg (any variance is by less than 5, which is negligible), and went up on everything else by ~60-70. Fully equipped, with a full stack of Scourge going (which, as the shoulder cannon adds to the stack, is pretty much static in combat), my base spellpower for light/force/fire is 30 to 100 higher than live. Up the crit chance to 30%, and my damage output actually increases vastly, especially with an additional +1 to evocation DCs.
    Oh please, enlighten us how you got 30% crit chance and more SP.

*maybe

Oh please, enlighten us how you got 30% crit chance and more SP.
    I said "apart from the 30% crit chance," as that isn't (AFAIK) possible currently.

As far as MORE spell power: On live, FvS get two enhancement lines, one for light/alignment and the other for positive/negative (which total to 80 each, if you max them both), plus a total of 60 spellpower for force/fire/untyped from the AoV PrE. Now, if you're like me, you have a huge investment in the AoV tree on Llama, which means having around 60-65 points spent in tree, so immediately I'm back at the same spellpower for fire/force/untyped and close for light/alignment/pos/neg.

Now, via reincarnation, I max'd out the spellpower skill for another 23, so I'm now up 5-10 spellpower on everything but pos/neg, plus another 5 from INT bonus. As for pos/neg, my standing WIS is in the mid-40s, so that adds another ~15 to that spellpower via heal skill.

So, base, unequipped spellpower for most damage spells is approximately - 62 (AoV Tree) + 28 (Spellpower) for 90. That's an increase of 10-30 spellpower for all my damage-dealing spells. Since I can keep a full stack of scourge going with no problem, my actual static unequipped spellpower is 40-60 higher on Llama than live for all damage-dealing spells. With equipment on, my light/alignment spellpower is in the mid 300s.

Really not that hard to do, as my gear isn't fancy.

ETA: And allow me to point out that I was agreeing with you; right now, my overall damage output is approximately equaly to live on Llama, because of the lower crits; the increased base spellpower makes up some of the difference. However, if the crit chance was around 30%, I would actually have a higher damage output on Llama. As, as far as I can tell, only AoVs, Season's Heralds, and Wizards (in general) get a net increase in spellpower, the other caster classes need ath 30% crit chance to get back to where they are on live.
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 07-19-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    I said "apart from the 30% crit chance," as that isn't (AFAIK) possible currently.

As far as MORE spell power: On live, FvS get two enhancement lines, one for light/alignment and the other for positive/negative (which total to 80 each, if you max them both), plus a total of 60 spellpower for force/fire/untyped from the AoV PrE. Now, if you're like me, you have a huge investment in the AoV tree on Llama, which means having around 60-65 points spent in tree, so immediately I'm back at the same spellpower for fire/force/untyped and close for light/alignment/pos/neg.

Now, via reincarnation, I max'd out the spellpower skill for another 23, so I'm now up 5-10 spellpower on everything but pos/neg, plus another 5 from INT bonus. As for pos/neg, my standing WIS is in the mid-40s, so that adds another ~15 to that spellpower via heal skill.

So, base, unequipped spellpower for most damage spells is approximately - 62 (AoV Tree) + 28 (Spellpower) for 90. That's an increase of 10-30 spellpower for all my damage-dealing spells. Since I can keep a full stack of scourge going with no problem, myactual static unequipped spellpower is 40-60 higher on Llama than live for all damage-dealing spells. With equipment on, my light/alignment spellpower is in the mid 300s.

Really not that hard to do, as my gear isn't fancy.

ETA: And allow me to point out that I was agreeing with you; right now, my overall damage output is approximately equaly to live on Llama, because of the lower crits; the increased base spellpower makes up some of the difference. However, if the crit chance was around 30%, I would actually have a higher damage output on Llama. As, as far as I can tell, only AoVs, Season's Heralds, and Wizards (in general) get a net increase in spellpower, the other caster classes need ath 30% crit chance to get back to where they are on live.
    My bad, didn't read the "Apart from".

While your point about Spellpower is true about FVS (and Druids too, I think, not too sure), it is not for Sorcerers. I made the math and even with Spellcraft maxed, my Sorc does not get anywhere close to Live spellpower. It gets higher if and only if I can keep up my Electrocution buff all the time and this is just not possible (or just possible in long boss fights, but at a cost).

So, Sorcerers are getting: less spellpower; less critical chance; less critical damage (along with being the only class with 1 PrE and a couple other nerfs that I won't mention here). That means that Sorcerers are in desperate need for a buff with Enhancement at the moment or else the class will die.

*maybe

My bad, didn't read the "Apart from".

While your point about Spellpower is true about FVS (and Druids too, I think, not too sure), it is not for Sorcerers. I made the math and even with Spellcraft maxed, my Sorc does not get anywhere close to Live spellpower. It gets higher if and only if I can keep up my Electrocution buff all the time and this is just not possible (or just possible in long boss fights, but at a cost).

So, Sorcerers are getting: less spellpower; less critical chance; less critical damage (along with being the only class with 1 PrE and a couple other nerfs that I won't mention here). That means that Sorcerers are in desperate need for a buff with Enhancement at the moment or else the class will die.
    Yeah, Sorcs got the short end of the stick in the pass. IMHO, every other caster (other than Clerics who aren't Divine Disciples) got a huge buff, and then Sorcs got kicked in the gut.

Agree - items with Greater Arcane Lore currently are nerfed on Lamannia - 2% and no extra damage.

Example: Blue Dragonscale.

I hope this build has the changes Vargouille promised us.

*maybe

Hero

I hope this build has the changes Vargouille promised us.
    I just briefly went thru things...by no means was it completely thorough.

Release notes: (Yes, these are often wrong)
    NEW Spell Critical Chance on items has been significantly increased. This is in addition to the 5% Spell Critical chance that is now inherent as part of the "Magical Training" feat that all spellcasting classes automatically receive at level 1
    The only note in the release notes regarding sorcs:

Sorcerer:

Sorcerers should be properly gaining Spell Power from points spent in their enhancement trees, including Core Enhancements and activated abilities.
    From a thread I found that doesn't show on the Dev tracker:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on spell critical chances.
    We've changed direction on this.
    After trying out the lower critical chance, the new Lamannia build will be increasing them past their old (Live) critical chances. This is in addition to the new 5% spell critical chance included as a passive buff in the Magical Training feat, which many spellcasting classes get for free at level 1.

New spell critical progression on items for single damage types will be:
    +10% (Level 1 items start here now!)
    +11%
    +12%
    +13%
    +14%
    +15%
    +16%
    +17%
    +18%
    +19%
    +20%
    +21% (Look for this on Epic Elite equipment at level 28.)

Arcane Lore has been renamed to "Spell Lore"- and it should be 10% lower than the corresponding levels single damage type lores.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast