Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Your item is gone? No one really cares.

    I recently moved an old Claok of Ice (3 fire shield clickie) from my TR bank to my inventory. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I was wearing one already when I tried to move it. I received the error "this item is exclusive" and it was gone. It was not back in my TR bank. I could not buy it back from a vendor. I logged in and out a couple times and also closed and reopened my bank a few times. The item is just gone. To add to the frustration it was the old version, so I can not get it back by questing.

    The item itself is nice, but not game breaking. What has frustrated me more then losing my item is the fact that Turbine seems to have a system in place that basically says, tough luck, we don't care.

    I say this because when it occured I opened a ticket. The ticket was not answed while I was online but did have a response when I logged on the next day. The response was that in game GM's have no way to resolve my issue. I should file a bug report. I have never done a bug report but it turms out this does not work in game. Not a big problem, minor inconvenience. So I file the bug report. I ingnorantly thougt, "great I will get my item back, that wasn't so bad." When the reality is, "Sweet, I just sent my concern into the void, hopefully someone will read it."

    After I filed the bug report I checked the next day for a response. I received one. When I started to read the canned response, it was then I realized I was probably wasting my time. It starts with the usual pleasantries but then ends with a strange paragraph.

    The response points out that "Filing a Bug Report will not necessarily receive a timely response or resolution to your issue." And to continue, "QA cannot resolve individual or character issues in game or on the forums."

    So not only will someone get to this whenever, they most likely won't do anything. Way to set expectations.

    I can now see why some people have quit the game when losing things like a full large ingrediants bag or epic items they spent tons of time to get. Its one thing to lose your stuff, it's another to realize the company doesn't really care.

  2. #2
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    After I filed the bug report I checked the next day for a response. I received one. When I started to read the canned response, it was then I realized I was probably wasting my time. It starts with the usual pleasantries but then ends with a strange paragraph.

    The response points out that "Filing a Bug Report will not necessarily receive a timely response or resolution to your issue." And to continue, "QA cannot resolve individual or character issues in game or on the forums."

    So not only will someone get to this whenever, they most likely won't do anything. Way to set expectations.
    It says as much at the top of the page when you fill out a bug report:

    Submit a Bug

    Please complete the following form to submit a bug to our Quality Assurance team for investigation. Please include as much information as possible to help expedite our review of your report.
    Please note that QA cannot resolve individual or character issues. If you require assistance, please visit support.turbine.com.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  3. #3

    Default

    Check your mail; lost & found will likely return it to you automatically. Happened to me when I tried to pull a ring of master artifice (exclusive) out of the tr cache of a character who already had one in inventory. Immediate *poof* into the void, only to be automatically mailed back to me a short time later.

    I rather liked the turn of phrase the lost & found mails have, too: "Here is the ring that you have lost and we have found."

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Check your mail; lost & found will likely return it to you automatically. Happened to me when I tried to pull a ring of master artifice (exclusive) out of the tr cache of a character who already had one in inventory. Immediate *poof* into the void, only to be automatically mailed back to me a short time later.

    I rather liked the turn of phrase the lost & found mails have, too: "Here is the ring that you have lost and we have found."
    I will check. If this happens I will be pleasantly surprised. If this is the process it would also have been nice for GM to mention it in his response. The response just said, can't help, file bug report. Summary of course, his reply was not put in a rude way.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    It says as much at the top of the page when you fill out a bug report:

    Submit a Bug

    Please complete the following form to submit a bug to our Quality Assurance team for investigation. Please include as much information as possible to help expedite our review of your report.
    Please note that QA cannot resolve individual or character issues. If you require assistance, please visit support.turbine.com.
    How comical. So I used the link for support. I submitted a ticket through them. The response was that they do not handle bug reports.

    It appears that I need to file a different type of report through support. I will wait until after I check the mail to see if it shows up there before I do.

    Maybe the GM just gave a poor response on what I should do and it is much more customer friendly then it appears. I will follow up with a post stating the outcome. Hopefully I am wrong and the GM just gave bad advice on how to proceed.

  6. #6
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    This is a common occurrence with exclusive items. As mentioned, check your mail box, but I will add that you need to hit the Unconfirmed tab. You might not see it in your default mail tab.

  7. #7
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Had the same happen to me before, didn't get a mail ext but it showed up back in the tr cache next tr.

  8. #8
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    This is a common occurrence with exclusive items. As mentioned, check your mail box, but I will add that you need to hit the Unconfirmed tab. You might not see it in your default mail tab.
    Yes, I've has at least one thing lost in my TR cache for similar reasons appear from Lost and Find in my mailbox.

  9. #9
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    flying underneath
    Posts
    831

    Default it may take a bit

    It usually checks once a day around 3am?, Im not sure if the US weekends will delay the auto process.

  10. #10

    Default

    Turns out I am the a$-hole. It was mailed back to me in the lost and found. Great game mechanic!

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    Turns out I am the a$-hole. It was mailed back to me in the lost and found. Great game mechanic!
    I dont know you, so you may or may not be an a$-hole, but this is not a good game mechanic.

    This is a weaka$- workaround for a bug that should be fixed right, one of thousands.

    Your reaction to seeming item loss and seeming lack of care and certain lack of communication was entirely justified.

    This is yet another unacceptable bug.

  12. #12
    Community Member ushram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    165

    Default

    same thing happened to me while pulling a Torc out of my TR cache while I was already wearing one, less than a half hour later, I got the lost and found mail giving me the Torc back.
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

  13. #13
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    How comical. So I used the link for support. I submitted a ticket through them. The response was that they do not handle bug reports.

    It appears that I need to file a different type of report through support. I will wait until after I check the mail to see if it shows up there before I do.

    Maybe the GM just gave a poor response on what I should do and it is much more customer friendly then it appears. I will follow up with a post stating the outcome. Hopefully I am wrong and the GM just gave bad advice on how to proceed.
    First, the GM gave a poor response since what you wanted was to get your item back and his advice to file a bug report is not designed to get you your item back. A bug report ONLY informs Turbine that there is a problem with the game. I don't believe that anyone has ever had their problem resolved by ONLY filing a bug report.

    What the GM should have told you is that you need to contact Customer Service via either a ticket filed on the Support website or calling them. And yes, GMs should also inform players that their item may be returned via in-game mail. If that process is not consistent they can phrase it "may be".

    All in all, while receiving back items the game itself removed via mail is better than not receiving them back (which is what used to happen), it is still just a bandaid for broken game code.
    Last edited by HAL; 07-13-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload