Default Intimidate and reflex save rolls are not working correctly

Lately i did notice problem with my intimidate and reflex save rolls, they are usually at least 4 or more less than character sheet numbers. I did test this in FoT , Devil Assault and Chronoscope with gear switch and different combos, end result is same. I bug reported it but I'm curious is it only me or others have same issue
    Thelanis: Gladnadjeva Limeny Bimbamboom Cutyslice

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    Lately i did notice problem with my intimidate and reflex save rolls, they are usually at least 4 or more less than character sheet numbers. I did test this in FoT , Devil Assault and Chronoscope with gear switch and different combos, end result is same. I bug reported it but I'm curious is it only me or others have same issue
    What were you trying to intimidate? Was it a size larger than you? (The -4?)

And could you break down the saves you think you should be having, might be something simply that you've forgotten is all.

I-J1NG

Truthfull one should be -4 or maybe -8 but for shure not -11 intimidate and my reflex should be 71 not 58. This numbers where poping while i didn't have debuff on me and would fluctuate for a few numbers up and down. After i so that numbers i started testing and came up with same result.
    Thelanis: Gladnadjeva Limeny Bimbamboom Cutyslice

a Halfling has a -4 to intimidate automatically due to small size, which is pretty much everything for every category the monster is larger than you, (any race) its -4. Xy'zzy is automatically -4. don't know how many categories Truthful One is. I would think the combat log would already deduct it for you though or say something along the lines of intimidate roll blah blah. Success! -4 intimidate due to larger size.

haven't heard of a problem with reflex though.

Community Member

Not sure what it could be since there's so much stuff that could be possible these days (Destiny, Enhancements, Items, other people's Destiny's, other peoples Enhancements, etc.). Again, do you mind posting up your gear/numbers? I myself for example, was expecting to have +6 more against Tainted enemies, but discovered that was no longer the case and was now typed the same as Resistance saves. You might have found a new one, but without the numbers there's no way to be sure if it's just us not realising an announced change, or if it was a stealth nerf, or if there's a bug somewhere.

Personally, I think some of the new enhancement modifications made it through into Live and has messed up some stuff, but the only way to be sure is to produce numbers and see options where the possible issue is.

I-J1NG

Quote Originally Posted by I-J1NG View Post
    Not sure what it could be since there's so much stuff that could be possible these days (Destiny, Enhancements, Items, other people's Destiny's, other peoples Enhancements, etc.). Again, do you mind posting up your gear/numbers? I myself for example, was expecting to have +6 more against Tainted enemies, but discovered that was no longer the case and was now typed the same as Resistance saves. You might have found a new one, but without the numbers there's no way to be sure if it's just us not realising an announced change, or if it was a stealth nerf, or if there's a bug somewhere.

Personally, I think some of the new enhancement modifications made it through into Live and has messed up some stuff, but the only way to be sure is to produce numbers and see options where the possible issue is.

I-J1NG
    There has hewn no change shintao has never stacked it has always been typed EnH bonus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    There has hewn no change shintao has never stacked it has always been typed EnH bonus
    That's actually not quite accurate. An update or two ago (maybe three), the bonus from Shintao was listed as Enhancement(?) type and hence it stacked with the Resistance bonus from items. Since the last Update or so, this was no longer the case as it was/has been typed into Resistance bonus (apparently what it was supposed to have been originally). So there was a change, and it wasn't directly linked together so others knew about it. But there was a change.

I-J1NG

Quote Originally Posted by I-J1NG View Post
    That's actually not quite accurate. An update or two ago (maybe three), the bonus from Shintao was listed as Enhancement(?) type and hence it stacked with the Resistance bonus from items. Since the last Update or so, this was no longer the case as it was/has been typed into Resistance bonus (apparently what it was supposed to have been originally). So there was a change, and it wasn't directly linked together so others knew about it. But there was a change.

I-J1NG
    Shanto tainted bonuses to saves have never stacked with items since day 1. Maybe they did temporarily change that an update or 2 ago but I find that highly unlikely.

Community Member

The stacking nature of the tainted saves actually occurred way back before U14 (Menace Expansion Pack) if not earlier than that (I can't confirm if it was since it was introduced, but I was certainly very happy with it on finding it, and it was from a very long time ago), and I had certainly kept and eye on it since then. I enter into private PvP to test things out personally every patch and update, and only recently has this changed, so in short, even though it might not have been WAI, the key point is this: A change was made.

Now the case with the OP is they might have run into a similar situation, hence why I asked for a posting of numbers to try and see if there's something they might have missed out on.

I-J1NG