Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Well, I could now say "going up 100% from nothing is still nothing"
    I'm sorry, but did you fail grade school math?

going up 100% from 0% would be adding 100 to 0, so if you think 0+100=0 please go join shades school of math as a professor, you would do so well there.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Edit: Warning. Off Topic!

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post

Edit: Warning. Off t
    going up 100% from 0% would be adding 100 to 0, so if you think 0+100=0 please go join shades school of math as a professor, you would do so well there.
    Ummm, so 100% of 0 is what then?

Or... if I have 0 oranges, and you increase that amount by 100%, how many oranges are you giving me? If on the other hand 'e'd said going up to 100%, then you have a point...

lol...
    Last edited by Meetch1972; 07-16-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: OT
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

so your telling me that 0 x 100 = 100??

meh.

Community Member

I am definitely appreciating the greater dev communication as well!
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post

meh.
    Hi-larious! It's like whenever you see someone correct someone elses spelling or grammar there's always something wrong with the correctors post as well... it's a law of the universe. okay now stop derailing gentlemen. Yes 100% of nothing is still nothing, it's a known saying move on.

For those saying they don't see an increase (ostensibly because the Dev's didn't change the things you're most passionate about) I think you've missed some posts guys. There's no perfect world here, you have to hope they consider some more changes to the EP... like getting rid of "total AP spent in tree" in favor of "total AP spent in all trees" but at some point you have to be adult and reasonable and realize they wont make every change (but please Devs make that one change!). there's a lot going on here and some positives are better than nothing. 100% of nothing may still be nothing but half of something is way more than nothing. I have maths to back that up from the interwebs!

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post

meh.
    He said "going up 100%" not "going up by 100%"

If he had said by it would be multiplication, but just "going up" would suggest addition.

edit: so yes 0+100=100
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

LOL you silly math nazi's .. you make me laugh like the grammar nazi's ... keep playing please!

As for Dev communication, yes it is still woefully infrequent but it has increased substantially and I believe that if we want to see it continue to increase then positive feedback on our end is required.

For whatever reason at some point it was decided that they needed to back off the interaction with the community and in that void discontent and entitlement was allowed to fester.

Now a dev sticking his nose in here, even just to say hi, is likely to have that nose and everything attached to it roasted.

If we want more dev interaction we need to give them a reason to interact because it's been made clear that the powers that be at Turbine don't think that it's the Dev's job to do so.

So, yes, thank you for that interaction and please continue to do more. In theory we love this game and you love your job so let's see if we can't make things better for both of us eh!
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 07-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

We need to be given with 115 TP coupon to be spend on hairstyles/colors after each reincarnation

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

He said "going up 100%" not "going up by 100%"

If he had said by it would be multiplication, but just "going up" would suggest addition.

edit: so yes 0+100=100
    What he SAID was a slight misquote of a saying that everyone has heard, so only an overly literal nit picky read of his post isn't going to know what he meant.

In any case, 100% of zero is zero, and zero PLUS 100% is also zero. For you to be correct he would have had to omit the percentage symbol.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 07-16-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Gotta keep it up, though, Devs and Community Reps. You gotta get out there in the community space and answer some of the hard questions from time to time.

I, too, have noticed a push for much greater communication. However, I haven't made up my mind yet to whether it was one big push that runs the risk of petering out, or if it is a full-on, wholesale new vision and method for engaging the community.

There are some pressing questions out there from the community right now. Keep up the good comm, please, Turbine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12