Default Available for testing, though perhaps not intentionally.

Just wanted to point out that all Iconic Heroes can be created. Despite still being grayed out, you can create a character. The story lines look interesting at first glance.

PDK has no racial modifiers to stats -- no human free feat (just fighter class feat and initial feat).
    Morninglord has -2con/+2int (confused bout the int... not wis?) -- inital feat and racial (read faith, can only chose Amunator...)
    Shadar-Kai has -2cha/+2dex -- only initial feat.

Other things noticed, could not chose dragonmarks in "creation forge" at level 1 -- but were available in the test dojo at later levels... not sure what is intended there.

PDK enhancement line is human line with a few perks that have already been mentioned.
    Shadar-Kai line looks like a new line of enhancements, but I only had time to glance at it.
    Morninglord line looks like exactly the same line as Elf enhancements, again, only had time to glance at it.

I'll post more after work, provided others haven't already posted more details and of course provided that my new iconic's are still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Dragonmarks are not intended to be available to characters born outside Eberron (neither on character creation nor later on).

Every iconic has a custom racial tree, which usually overlaps with a similar race, but every iconic has some racially unique abilities.

Yes, it is intended that Iconic heroes are available to play on Lamannia now. We've got feedback threads as well for them.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Really can't wait to get home and test these

Kind of hope the morning lord feat isn't that

+2 int/-2 con would be bad for a cleric... really bad...
    also, if that's -2 con on top of the normal 6 con... yeah...

shadarkai- been wanting to test this, +dex sounds great. makes sense that shadarkai wouldn't get a human racial

PDK- not sure about, but will at least test it. Think they should get a human bonus feat though.

I love to use the Silver Flame Favored Soul capstone as a SLA for my Exalted Angel.

I am concerned that this necessary SLA will not be available for Fawngate as a Morning Lord which she want to be.

Exalted Angel requires a certain amount of light spells to be cast, will this still be functional?
    Currently there are so few, and nimbus of light is bugged not counting (yes I bug reported it) that clerics cannot use Exalted Angel properly.

{Divine punishment no longer provides a counter for each tick, just when first cast.}

The favored soul archon helps a lot there, but I would like to add the morning lord sunburst to my SLAs not trade it
    for searing light SLA.

Please consider adding a light SLA to Favored Souls particularly if one loses the Silver Flame SLA with Morninglord iconics.

Does the new forgotten realms faith has a favored soul capstone?
    If so, what is it?

Thanks for listening, and good job on Divine Disciple, I knew you could do it.
    Good luck with Warpriest!
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 07-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I love to use the Silver Flame Favored Soul capstone as a SLA for my Exalted Angel.

I am concerned that this necessary SLA will not be available for Fawngate as a Morning Lord which she want to be.

Exalted Angel requires a certain amount of light spells to be cast, will this still be functional?
    Currently there are so few, and nimbus of light is bugged not counting (yes I bug reported it) that clerics cannot use Exalted Angel properly.

{Divine punishment no longer provides a counter for each tick, just when first cast.}

The favored soul archon helps a lot there, but I would like to add the morning lord sunburst to my SLAs not trade it
    for searing light SLA.

Please consider adding a light SLA to Favored Souls particularly if one loses the Silver Flame SLA with Morninglord iconics.

If so, what is it?

Not sure i understand you here...

Morninglord will be restricted to aumantor- Can't really change this, otherwise they wouldn't be morninglords.

Next, i could be wrong, but i thought the morninglord had to take first level cleric. Would be pretty awesome if they could be FVS too, though. But if they're restricted to lvl 1 cleric, than they will never be able to hit lvl 20. and you wind up with weird splashes (though just thought of a 12/5/3 fvs/cleric/monk build that spends all its points in angel of vengeance, divine disciple, and henshin/shintao, will have to test this)

Also, i don't think aumantor would have an FVS capstone yet, because there currently isn't anyway for an iconic to be a pure FVS, they must choose fighter (PDK), rogue(shararkai), paladin(bladeforged), or cleric(morninglord).

Though i will agree that FVS's need some SLA's in their tree, if only because FVS's don't get to do any significant spell damage until 12 when they get archon and BB.

They will be able to lesser reincarnate with a +1 heart in due time.

Sun elf int bonus and int enhancements make no sense on a cleric. Add to that dex to damage with blunt weapons, is just so bizarre.

Here is the wacky breakdown=
    1. Racial bonus and enhancement bonus to intelligence
    2. Class that uses wisdom for DCs
    3. Enhancement that uses dex for damage

None of them go together!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

And if they don't... Are you willing to gimp your uber completionist toon into a dead-end with no way to reincarnate if for some reason they don't roll out Iconic reincarnation the way you hope they will?

Sorry but I am not TR'ing any of my multi-lifers into an Iconic until TR for Iconics is explained... actually not until it makes it to live status... I will believe it when I see it. I am not going to put 6+ years invested at risk. No offense to Developers :-)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by hirmor View Post
    And if they don't... Are you willing to gimp your uber completionist toon into a dead-end with no way to reincarnate if for some reason they don't roll out Iconic reincarnation the way you hope they will?

Sorry but I am not TR'ing any of my multi-lifers into an Iconic until TR for Iconics is explained... actually not until it makes it to live status... I will believe it when I see it. I am not going to put 6+ years invested at risk. No offense to Developers :-)
    You can't TR into an Iconic until they put in TR'ing for iconics so I think you're worrying about something needlessly.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

Can you test the Iconics if you haven't purchased the expansion yet? Because I can't seem to and I haven't purchased the expansion yet.

Community Member

Default Test the Iconics

Quote Originally Posted by Ionien View Post
    Can you test the Iconics if you haven't purchased the expansion yet? Because I can't seem to and I haven't purchased the expansion yet.
    I would like to know about this as well. I am very confused if beta testers are supposed to be able to test them or not, some people have said that you don't need the expansion, but before actually using the lamannia server, I saw somewhere that you do need the expansion pack to do anything related to it. So which is true? And if we can test the Iconics without the expansion, how do we do it, anytime that I try to create an Iconic, the create button never highlights at the end.

I fully expect that even with LR+1 or even TR, an iconic life will always be required to take level 1 in its native class. In other words, I expect that you will never, under any circumstances, be able to make a morninglord with 20 FVS levels. (Similarly, never a level 20 sorc bladeforged, etc...)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saitarou View Post
    I would like to know about this as well. I am very confused if beta testers are supposed to be able to test them or not, some people have said that you don't need the expansion, but before actually using the lamannia server, I saw somewhere that you do need the expansion pack to do anything related to it. So which is true? And if we can test the Iconics without the expansion, how do we do it, anytime that I try to create an Iconic, the create button never highlights at the end.
    Iirc, you can get TP from Sir Pointsalot and buy xpack from DDO Store - search "beta". This is for Lam only, though.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Iirc, you can get TP from Sir Pointsalot and buy xpack from DDO Store - search "beta". This is for Lam only, though.
    I followed your steps, and I still can not create an Iconic character. It still gives me an option to purchase it, but when you click get now or the gold DDO Store Icon, it brings up no results. I did a search for "beta" and purchased the two packs that were available.

Community Member

I followed your steps, and I still can not create an Iconic character. It still gives me an option to purchase it, but when you click get now or the gold DDO Store Icon, it brings up no results. I did a search for "beta" and purchased the two packs that were available.
    Hmm. Did you try restarting the client after buying the beta packs? And was one of the beta packs Shadowfell?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Ionien View Post
    I was on during one of he Dev events on friday and I asked Kookie if I could get access to the iconics. Next thing I know I get a tell saying that I now had access to iconics. So, other than askng a dev while they're online.... pre-ordering the expansion is the only other way I know of.
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 08-03-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Hmm. Did you try restarting the client after buying the beta packs? And was one of the beta packs Shadowfell?
    Yes I did restart the client after buying, and none of the beta packs were shadowfell

Community Member

Yes I did restart the client after buying, and none of the beta packs were shadowfell
    Sorry to hear. I cannot think of anything else but to ask a dev.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

for searing light SLA.

If so, what is it?

Morninglords shouldnt get access to Silver flame they arent natives of Eberron and should get their own unique capstone

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE