Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Army of Shadow Loot Thread!

Use this thread to discuss items found in the Wheloon Quest: Army of Shadow.

End and Optional Chests' Named Item:

Prisoner’s Manacles (Bracers)
    Heroic Normal
    • Incite +20%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect

Heroic Hard
    • Incite +20%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Colorless Augment Slot

Heroic Elite
    • Incite +30%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Epic Normal
    • Incite +30%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Epic Hard
    • Incite +30%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Elite
    • Incite +30%
    • Reinforced Fists
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot
    • Empty Colorless Augment Slot
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-12-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Hero

For reference, these where in my end rewards after running it. I'd like to get a bit more time in before I start making judgments on loot.

I got the same - they're not bad but they are going to compete with existing items, usually items with augments that fulfill pivotal stuff in your build. My suggestion is to offer a small set bonus (since the other quests drops similar 'skirmishers' etc items. The more you put on (assuming you get a different piece for each quest) should either provide a diff set bonus (as long as they're of the same type) or increased set bonus.

They also need augment slots. Again - they're competing with existing items that sometimes have augments in them and it would be nice for that continued flexibility.
    Last edited by patang01; 07-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I got the same - they're not bad but they are going to complete with existing items, usually items with augments that fulfill pivotal stuff in your build. My suggestion is to over a small set bonus (since the other quests drops similar 'skirmishers' etc items. The more you put on (assuming you get a different piece for each quest) should either provide a diff set bonus (as long as they're of the same type) or increased set bonus.

They also need augment slots. Again - they're competing with existing items that sometimes have augments in them and it would be nice for that continued flexibility.
    A set bonus is a great idea, I also understand the sentiment in regards to augment slots, I think they are just normal versions we are seeing though, is this correct? If so maybe the hard/elite versions become slotted...

Ohhh and I like those EE Manacles, Green and Colorless slot + reinforced fists + random effect and Incite (not always a great thing) but a decent item nonetheless. I wonder if you can find a pair with doublestrike 8%......
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Default Reinforced Fists

So, why is it that everything in this game is variable except "reinforced fists"?
    I've been looking at this item property for years now, and it has the same effect from level ~10 items to level ~25 items.
    Shouldn't "reinforced fists" scale? It just doesn't feel too epic when one can get the same effect on a much much lower level item. This is the key attribute on the item.
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Default Same slot

A minor setback that the named items and the end reward compete for the same slot... not sure even a monk would pick the in-quest named item over the end reward.
    On Argo, Mustard comes free with all of these toons: Mustardseed, Temmple of Cogs, Dareios, Homunkulus, Omegara, Tritanium Onslaught, Mincepie, Bycycle Repairman, Stoutpole

Default El Cunado like!

Last edited by Postumus; 07-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Is Parrying of some form or another possible to get on those bracers? If so, booyah. If not, meh. I find the standard armor bonus on bracers to be really worthless now because you're going to have an AC bonus on whatever chest piece you're wearing.

Also, does Incite still stack different numbers, or is it getting changed like most everything else? If so, it'd be nice if the Incite % got doubled on most gear just liked dodge and exceptional skills.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore