Default Will the LR+20 heart allow for the change of alignment?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5039396

Curious . . . as a toon with a barb-splash might want to switch to monk or vice versa.

Community Member

Presumably since all other LR let you change alignment.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Presumably since all other LR let you change alignment.
    Since when? Last time I LRed, you couldn't change alignment; you had to purchase an alignment change separately from the DDO Store. And this was a char w/no alignment-restricted classes, so I know that wasn't an issue.

And since you have to pick alignment at lvl 1, how would a lawful-restricted build switch to non-lawful (or vice versa), as the OP posits?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    And since you have to pick alignment at lvl 1, how would a lawful-restricted build switch to non-lawful (or vice versa), as the OP posits?
    I think the LR+20 heart is already very generous, so if alignment change isn't an option it's not a complaint. Just wondering if these new hearts allow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I think the LR+20 heart is already very generous, so if alignment change isn't an option it's not a complaint. Just wondering if these new hearts allow for it.
    If they work like the standard hearts, I would doubt it.

I just really hope they don't break characters with 3 classes already.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It makes sense, although it may be easier for them to just make an alignment change free coupon from the DDO Store. Instead of coding that into the heart itself... well we all know what happens when they start recoding things.

Again as I stated in another thread I wont be the first one in line waiting to find out how bugged the new LR is, after what happened with the last free LR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    It makes sense, although it may be easier for them to just make an alignment change free coupon from the DDO Store. Instead of coding that into the heart itself... well we all know what happens when they start recoding things.

Again as I stated in another thread I wont be the first one in line waiting to find out how bugged the new LR is, after what happened with the last free LR.
    One of the devs mentioned a few years ago that because of how the coding for gender was integrated it couldn't be done easily. I interpreted that as "it only accidentally works because some monkey nested it in 80 other lines and moving it would revert all mobs to wireframe".

I suggest learning to love yourself regardless of pixellated plumbing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Since when? Last time I LRed, you couldn't change alignment; you had to purchase an alignment change separately from the DDO Store. And this was a char w/no alignment-restricted classes, so I know that wasn't an issue.

I must be confusing TRs with LRs. I guess it's never an issue that came up for me.

Community Member

I'm more worried about changing race than alignment...the new race enhancements are going to make certain races much better for certain builds, or vice versa much worse.