Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Purple Dragon Knight Iconic Enhancements Discussion Thread!

We are currently previewing Racial Enhancements on Lamannia.

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the Purple Dragon Knight Iconic Enhancement Tree!

You can also discuss the Purple Dragon Knight Iconic here.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-22-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Unless I'm mistaken, these are identical to human.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, these are identical to human.
    Except it is missing the Dragon mark enhancements.

But the PDK do have access to the human Dragon mark feats after level 1. This means you can take the feats, but you do not have the enhancement line to increase the number of uses per day, and you have to take the feats the same way as on live, 1 feat per tier as opposed to just the 1 feat then enhancements on lammania for base humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

Posted this already in another thread...

In my optinion, it's strange that one don't have to take the PDK Aura enhancement before upgrading the aura. Last Stand works without the aura, although the description reads otherwise.

Is this intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Except it is missing the Dragon mark enhancements.

But the PDK do have access to the human Dragon mark feats after level 1. This means you can take the feats, but you do not have the enhancement line to increase the number of uses per day, and you have to take the feats the same way as on live, 1 feat per tier as opposed to just the 1 feat then enhancements on lammania for base humans.
    I think I got something bugged, but without checking, I'm pretty certain I had no PDK abilities, and had access to dragonmark enhancements on mine.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by gflash View Post
    Posted this already in another thread...

In my optinion, it's strange that one don't have to take the PDK Aura enhancement before upgrading the aura. Last Stand works without the aura, although the description reads otherwise.

Is this intended?
    Rallying Cry isn't meant to be an "Upgrade" of PDK Aura, the reference to the Aura was only meant to be a handy indicator of how close people needed to be in order to get Rallying Cry's effects. We'll change the description.

Purple Dragon Knights aren't supposed to have access to Dragonmarks, that is a bug.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Rallying Cry isn't meant to be an "Upgrade" of PDK Aura, the reference to the Aura was only meant to be a handy indicator of how close people needed to be in order to get Rallying Cry's effects. We'll change the description.

Purple Dragon Knights aren't supposed to have access to Dragonmarks, that is a bug.

Thanks!
    It seems to be gone after a log out. Has the correct enhancements now it seems.

Community Member

The modifier to hit using charisma instead of strength is nice, but why only to hit? There really should be another tier or upgrade to CHA for to-hit and damage, otherwise what is the point? This is a melee class afterall so they need the damage as well, otherwise I see most dumping CHA and adding points in STR instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    The modifier to hit using charisma instead of strength is nice, but why only to hit? There really should be another tier or upgrade to CHA for to-hit and damage, otherwise what is the point? This is a melee class afterall so they need the damage as well, otherwise I see most dumping CHA and adding points in STR instead.
    Cormyrean Knight Training is supposed to be giving CHA to both hit and damage. If the tooltip reads otherwise, or it isn't providing the bonus, please file a bug report.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Cormyrean Knight Training is supposed to be giving CHA to both hit and damage. If the tooltip reads otherwise, or it isn't providing the bonus, please file a bug report.

Thanks!
    The biggest issue I am having with this: PDK are supposed to be a fighter archtype. The charisma mod gives an alternative path for damage, but fighters with their abundance of feats are supposed to be both damage output, as well TACTICAL feat focused.

Without having the Chr bonus apply to damage AND the DC of tactical feats with this enhancement, it becomes much less useful for those of us who feel tactics are as important to a fighter's role as pure DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Honestly I'm loving the concept and enhancement options behind the Purple Dragon Knight. Unfortunately I have a few issues with it.

First is, as many people spoke up about, is the AP cost. Almost everything costs 2 AP each, making it not even remotely worth it in comparison to class trees. I sat for hours trying to plan builds around PDK, and when ZERO of them spent a single point in the race tree because it cost too much for too little benefit, there's an issue.

Second is my favorite enhancement that is unfortunately 100% useless in the current game: Cormyrean Knight Training. If STR and CHA had similar potential in the game, this would be beautiful. Unfortunately it is not. With class, alchemical, profane, moral, psionic, etc bonuses to strength that you can't get in Charisma, you would actually have to purposely hold yourself back just to keep your charisma higher... thus giving up all of that attack/damage.

A possible solution to this could be to add an Iconic capstone: For the Good of Cormyr -- You use your strength to save those around you. Strength buffs now apply to Charisma instead. Same type buffs don't stack, so Bard buffs to all stats, ship buffs to stats, action surge buff, etc don't provide additional benefit due to overlap with themselves.

This, of course, would be giving up STR that is a straight 2 to 1 addition to your tactical DCs over to Charisma that is 6 to 1... but considering you need Charisma higher to get that in the first place, I believe it balances out or is possibly in the PDK's favor.

I'm contemplating the impact of access to a higher CHA cap - Bards and Sorcs certainly would like access to more CHA and likely would be willing to give up capstone for this access (at least until lesser reincarnation allows to take off that fighter level)... but I admit I haven't really played these classes in DDO to know if under those classes that this may be unbalancing. Keeping the capstone restricted to the Cormyrean Knight Training weapons will help keep Sorcs in check considering most end game implements are rods/staves. Wouldn't stop Bards... but then I wouldn't mind Bards having a race that fits them better.