Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is monkcher still alive after enhancement pass?

I noticed looking through monk enhancements for the enhancement pass that 10k stars is gone. I am mostly asking since I was really interested in making one. I like the idea of a mostly ranged build as opposed to something that just uses it for manyshot. However I don't see a big point in making a build that will be dead come august.

Thanks.

Community Member

10k Stars is now a Feat. When I checked, it was sharing a cooldown with Manyshot, making it effectively useless. Just have to wait for August to see what the final incarnation looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    10k Stars is now a Feat. When I checked, it was sharing a cooldown with Manyshot, making it effectively useless. Just have to wait for August to see what the final incarnation looks like.
    Please tell me this is a bad joke. I finally found a build I'm happy to keep at epics. I was looking forward to the pass (in some ways)... please tell me this is a joke.
    Or trolling. I'll accept trolling.

Also a lot harder to make an AA that's not ranger through elven enhancements. It sucks up the majority of your points leaving almost nothing for true monk enhancements. Though for the most part, 10k stars builds didn't rely too much on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Please tell me this is a bad joke. I finally found a build I'm happy to keep at epics. I was looking forward to the pass (in some ways)... please tell me this is a joke.
    Or trolling. I'll accept trolling.
    It's just poor testing and bad information. The timers work exactly the same as they do on live.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    It's just poor testing and bad information. The timers work exactly the same as they do on live.
    Oh, thank [some Deity]

Community Member

I'm looking at the 10k Stars description right now on Lamannia. It says "Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars share cool downs."
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I've also tested and they're the same.

On live they also share cooldowns in a sense (i.e. you can't activate one while the other is going). I think that's all they're getting at.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Actualy if it was tested by that individual it is obvious that they do not share a cooldown. I concur it works as it does in live currently, but the description is poorly written on the feat and on the release notes. This is where the bad information came from to begin with.

Community Member

Its not that they share the same cooldown, you just cannot activate one while the other is active....same as live. Again its just poor wording (same description as live btw) and was passed along on the forums without testing. Then one person reads and passes information along with something like "last time I tested...".

Community Member

Okay, I just tested it on Lam. It works the same as on live.

The only difference is now 10k stars will cost you a feat. However, in my case, the enh pass removed the need to take useless prereq feats for AA, so I dropped ranged focus and picked up 10k stars. so even steven. In my case, at least. I don't know how more "typical" moncher builds do it, so maybe they would have to drop something useful to be able to pick up 10k stars.
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Community Member

Does this mean that 10k stars no longer requires level 6 monk? Can you take it at level 2?

What are the prerequisites for the 10k stars feat?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

13 base dex and 6 monk levels
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Community Member

Yes monkchers are still badass, at least mine was. A few differences from live right now, but I think it is even stronger.

The slayer arrows is probably the biggest change besides 10k stars. It is now a clicky with, if I remember correctly, a minute cooldown. But they also get multiplied by critical multipliers.

Another good thing is that you dont have to waste enhancements on monk stances and getting the 10k stars enhancement. It costs a feat but we are getting an extra feat at 27 anyway so it works out just fine.

Also getting a boat load of new arrows to help with bypassing DR and elemental arrows of each type.

Overall, I think they did a good job with the AA enhancements.
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 08-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Its not that they share the same cooldown, you just cannot activate one while the other is active....same as live. Again its just poor wording (same description as live btw) and was passed along on the forums without testing. Then one person reads and passes information along with something like "last time I tested...".
    Actually they do share a cooldown timer which needs to be differentiated from a re-use timer. Using either activates a cooldown timer of 30 seconds. This is why if you start with 10K stars you can immediately activate Manyshot right after since the 30 sec cooldown has expired. However if you start with Manyshot, you will see you need to wait 10 secs before 10Kstarts can be activated.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    The slayer arrows is probably the biggest change besides 10k stars. It is now a clicky with, if I remember correctly, a minute cooldown. But they also get multiplied by critical multipliers.
    Does the new Slaying Arrow stack w/Adrenaline?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Does the new Slaying Arrow stack w/Adrenaline?
    It used to, as far back as june, but i have no idea if it got changed since then.

The Monkcher is alive and well. (sprint boost can be too expensive and no more water walking. Oh and slayer arrows mechanic is quite different). All in all, it's a more powerful character than it was, however.

Community Member

the only thing im disapointed with this new enhancement is you get only 1 tier 5. In my monkcher i had slaying arrows and touch of death. Now im trying to find out which is more devastating to have slaying arrows or touch of death...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast