Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Looking to start once a week static group

1 SLOT STILL AVAILABLE

UPDATE: We are playing Tuesday evenings 7-10pm Easter Time on Wayfinder.

UPDATE (7-Aug): I have made a few adjustments to the rules to reflect what the current group has agreed to.

I want to start up a once a week static group for either Monday or Tuesday night approximately 7-10pm EST. As I'm looking to have this group start at level 1 & no twinking, any server is fine. VIP or premium accounts are fine, but be aware that you will be expected to have access to most adventures & quests.

I was hoping to shoot for a bit of the old feel of pen-and-paper D&D. Some of the rules are for that benefit, but this is optional.

A few rules I'm thinking about for the group follow:
    -: All characters start at level 1.

-: No Twinking.

-: Characters only run in this group. (unless you need to make up for missing a night)

-: All character level together (rather obvious because of previous rule).

-: Share loot among the party.

-: No zerging. I want this to feel like a group of dungeon explorers. That doesn't mean we have to explore every part of the quests.

-: No character items from DDO store. Account level items like adventure packs or shared banks are fine. Cosmetics are fine. Basically, no pay to win stuff.

-: No using XP boosts of any kind. UPDATE: I realize this needs clarification. We are going to try to maintain Bravery Bonus. We will likely run Delera's for Voice of the Master. We may eventually get an XP shrine for a guild airship at some point. We may also try to get Mantle of the Worldshaper. The Master's Gift & Pale Gree Ioun Stone will be up for debate at a later time. We are not allowing Tomes of Learning or Experience Elixirs.

-: Reasonable use of Auction House. Basically, no using the auction house to make major amounts of plat. I'm open to some discussion about this one. I think selling items on the auction house is fine as long as we agree on a reasonable limit for buyout prices (maybe base price). Purchasing from auction house is fine as long as your character has the money.

-: Please handle all your character maintenance outside of the group game time. No one likes to have to wait around for others to empty their bags, buy consumables, level, gather quests, etc.

-: Roll playing will be allowed, though not required. If you don't like to listen to others roll-playing, then this is not your group.

-: To give a bit more incentive to take our time in the quests (& to feel more like PnP), we are limiting the use of rest shrines & resurrection shrines. No resurrection shrines, if someone dies in a quest & can not be revived by other means, the quest fails. No going back to previously passed over rest shrines, unless the quest calls for retracing steps. e.g.: Irestone Inlet requires you go back to Stained-Tusk where a rest shrine is & thus can be used either time.

We are trying for a balanced group, but please feel free to play any class/race you like.

These are the rules as they currently stand. Some may be adjusted a bit as we get further on in our questing.

Please reply here or PM me if interested.
    Last edited by ecgric; 08-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.

I am interested. I am open to play any class needed to help the party.

This sounds interesting. I would like to be a part of it. I'd prefer to be a wizard or a rogue.
    Last edited by Hazaar; 07-12-2013 at 06:57 PM.

I'm interested with some minor criteria;
    -Khyber server.
    -Thursday or Friday night.
    -We play long stretches, like 4 hours minimum. On average, of course. If we only log on each night to do 1 single chain, it will feel like a tease.
    -I don't think the shrine rules are a good idea at all, especially for later content. Of course I have no problem making Waterworks a bit more challenging by self imposed rules, but no way will this be fun for The Pit or Spies in the House.
    -We open the party up for PuG when we do raids. (I figure this is obvious but who knows.)
    -I can only start in August, when I buy the Shadowfell Conspiracy and gain new character slots from it.

You're in no way obliged to accept me, though, lol. But it sounds fun.

I will probably be doing a Ranger, multiclassed or not, focusing on bows over melee. (Flavor build.)

EDIT:
    In fact if you guys do this you should probably wait for the Enhancement update to hit before starting the characters.
    Last edited by TekkenDevil; 07-13-2013 at 06:50 AM.

zman67 & Hazaar, Welcome aboard. I want to try to get a full group before we start. I'm open for discussion on any of the rules.

Sorry TekkenDevil, but I have to stick to the Monday or Tuesday 7-10pm time frame. These are the only two nights I can choose from that I can be sure I'm available. I work early, so I can't go much longer on the time.

I agree with opening for PUGs when doing raids. I just hadn't thought that far ahead yet. All rules are open for change. It's just a matter of what everyone can agree on. My main goals are that I want to have a group that is mostly self sufficient & bring a bit more challenge to the game.

I am ok with the rules so far, however I can forsee some problems with the shrine rules. I say we decide on the use of rest shrines dependent on the difficulty level we are running. I would add that resurrection shrines can be used but a penalty be involved, this of course is open for diccussion. Use a res shrine you have to destroy 3 equpped items. If no res shrine in quest and you have to ressurect at a bind point, you are "reborn" with no equipped items, however you do still keep any items in your backpack and bank.

I was originally thinking the "no res shrine" rule would mean that if people can't be resurrected by another party member, then the quest must be reset. I'm open for the idea of other penalties though.

Group is still looking 3 open spots

Community Member

I would like to join the group if you will have me. Any role will do, but I will say I have little experience with healing in DDO.
    Half-elf: Your ugly...
    Half-orc: Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder
    Half-elf: Um...which eye?

Welcome aboard, MasterBurik. Looks like we're up to 4 now.

Let me check the roster:
    Ecgric - any class
    zman67 - any class
    Hazaar - prefer wizard or rogue
    MasterBurik - any class. little experience as a healer.

I'm willing to start with only 4 & filling the other 2 slots when we can. I like to think of the groups in terms of the roles we'll fill rather than just class (One of my characters is a ranger that's an awesome trapper). These are the roles I feel are needed, in no particular order (please give opinions here): Main Healer, DPS, Main Tank, Trapper, Crowd Control, Range/Kiting.

I'm good at being DPS (isn't almost everyone) or main tank. I've often been the secondary healer in a group, so I'm willing to be main healer. I know I can handle the early stuff & can learn as we go.

If everyone could say what their top 3 choices for role/class would be, we can try to accommodate everyone's preferences. Mine would be 1-Main Tank (& backup healer)/Paladin, 2-Main Healer/Cleric, 3-Trapper & DPS/Rogue or Ranger.

Does anyone have a preference on server? I have absolutely none.

I just discovered I have a PM for a possible 5th member of the group as long as everyone is OK with Tuesday night. Willing to play any class & mentioned the +10%XP on Wayfinder right now.

My preferences would be 1) an arti/bard, 2) cleric/monk, or 3) cleric/fighter
    Proud officer of The Madborn raiding guild on Thelanis

Community Member

Tuesdays are fine with me, and who can say no to a little extra xp for everyone?

My top three role/class choices would be:

-Favored Soul (CC/Ranged)
    -Fighter or Fighter/Rogue (Tank or DPS/CC)
    -Light Monk (DPS/CC/Support)
    Last edited by MasterBurik; 07-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Half-elf: Your ugly...
    Half-orc: Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder
    Half-elf: Um...which eye?

I am fine with Tuesdays and Wayfinder server. I would just like a little more info on some choices. Hazaar are you going to be either wizard or rogue or combo? Anatoli11 what is the breakdown for your arti/bard will he be capable of doing traps if Hazaar goes pure wizard?

I'd be doing 6 arti, 2 rogue, 12 bard, so full trap skill ranged buff bard.
    Proud officer of The Madborn raiding guild on Thelanis

Looks like Tuesdays on Wayfinder will be the way to go.

Since the new enhancement system is expected out in less than three weeks, do we want to start now or wait? I'm fine with starting now.

If everyone is good with it, I would like to have everyone that is still interested meet up on Wayfinder at 7pm on Tuesday, August 6. If nothing else, we can at least work out who's playing what character & agree on all the rules of play-style.

Let's meet at the Wavecrest Tavern. Everyone should only run The Grotto quest. Please show up as your preferred class & we can adjust if needed.

Look for the Dwarf Paladin named Ecgric.

Quote Originally Posted by zman67 View Post
    I am fine with Tuesdays and Wayfinder server. I would just like a little more info on some choices. Hazaar are you going to be either wizard or rogue or combo? Anatoli11 what is the breakdown for your arti/bard will he be capable of doing traps if Hazaar goes pure wizard?
    I'm fine with Tuesday and Wayfinder.

I haven't decided yet on a class yet. Still thinking about it.

I am starting to think I might do something other than Wizard/Rogue since I play them the most.

Default First Night Completed

For anyone still interested in joining us before the August 13 run, we have the basics of a balanced group covered, so any class/role is welcome. Some info follows to give an idea what level character you would need to create.

We completed our first night. Korthos has been cleared on (mostly) Elite & some Harbor quests are done. Current braver streak stands at 12 hard/11 elite.

Currently we are still looking for 2 more members. We have created a guild (name is subject to change, currently level 4).

Our current group is as follows:
    3 Paladin - Main Tank
    2/1 Ranger/Fighter - DPS, Range & Buffs
    2/1 Cleric/Fighter - Main Healer & some CC
    2/1 Artificer/Bard - Trapper, Ranged DPS & Buffs
    I am currently about half way through rank 12. Everyone should be the same.

Community Member

PM sent

Post Rules Clarification

I realized that some clarification on the "No XP boosts" rule are needed. I updated this in the initial rules post, but I'm also posting it here for easy reference for existing members:
    We are going to try to maintain Bravery Bonus. We will likely run Delera's for Voice of the Master for everyone. We may eventually get an XP shrine for a guild airship at some point. We may also try to get Mantle of the Worldshaper. The Master's Gift & Pale Green Ioun Stone will be up for debate at a later time. Tomes of Learning and Experience Elixirs are not allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast