Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default Dear Mr QuartermasterX, question about this week sale (bug?)

I was waiting for a tomes sale to pump my charisma, and it happened today.
    Unfortunately, +3=>+4 tomes are not included in sale.

A question now: is this bug or WAI?

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post

This is working as intended as +4 Stat Tomes & Upgrade Tomes are occasionally released for a limited amount of time only. The last time they were released with a sale was in June.

Ah, so the tomes we see aren't on sale because they aren't there. Good to know.

The "building customer support" thing to do would be to put these non-existent +3->+4 tomes that are existent on sale with the rest of them. You can then take them away to make them limited at the end of this sale.
    Last edited by Gratch; 07-15-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

So someone was expecting the +4 Tome to be in the Store when they saw the Tome sale, they were excited. When they went to the store the +4 Tome/Upgrade Tome was not available.

Personally I think a better response would have been.

"Shoot, I was looking forward to spending money at this sale to update my +3s to +4s. I was disappointed that I'm not able to spend this money. Let me know when you are next planning on releasing +4s and their upgrades so that I can spend some money"

See you can display your disappointment at something not being available and not sound like an entitled jerk. And I bet you would get a better response from Mr. Q too.

Community Member

Default Save TP, Live Better.

Firstly, the "best" tomes are always limited release and very rarely match up with a sale. I understand your disappointment and I don't mean to be dismissive when I say "that's just the way it is" but it is a recurring theme.

Secondly (and more importantly) I would recommend AGAINST purchasing tomes at this point in the game. This is based ONLY on assumptions I have made and trends I think to have perceived so don't bank on it. But with +3 stat tomes, they became available for a "limited time" a couple times before they became commonplace with the expansion and level cap increase. Now they are releasing +4's in the store for "a limited time" and I fully expect when the new expansion comes out that +4's will become commonplace, and down the road the +5's will be available for a limited time.

Im fairly sure +4's will become available again before the expansion (again, based solely on my voodoo) if you are really easger, but basically, if you want a +4 tome sale, wait a couple months and loot them. I made the mistake of spending TP on the +3's, I won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroshe View Post
    Im fairly sure +4's will become available again before the expansion (again, based solely on my voodoo) if you are really easger, but basically, if you want a +4 tome sale, wait a couple months and loot them. I made the mistake of spending TP on the +3's, I won't make that mistake again.
    +4s are available now. My understanding of the OP is that the +3->+4 upgrade tomes snuck back into the store (presumably due to the tome sale) but for some reason are not included in the current tome sale.

Quartermaster's reply seems to imply that +4 tomes aren't available at all. They are, by what I assume is an oversight.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I saw +3->+4 upgrade tomes in the store when this sale first went into effect, and just yesterday confirmed that they are still available. They are the only stat tomes not on sale, though, so it looks weird.

Gratch pointed this all out in his first reply to Quartermaster.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Quartermaster's reply seems to imply that +4 tomes aren't available at all. They are, by what I assume is an oversight.
    Yes, the +3 to +4 upgrade tomes should not have been published. This issue has been corrected... sorry for the confusion everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Yes, the +3 to +4 upgrade tomes should not have been published. This issue has been corrected... sorry for the confusion everyone.
    It's sort of comforting that all facets of Turbine seem to have version control problems, not just QA.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Oh great, I asked a simple question, and now the only soruce of +3=>+4 tomes was removed.

(Don't mention chests. Mad stated its 1/333 chance, 25% of them are upgradeables, so chance to get specific upgradeable tome of specific stat is 1/7992, or 0,0125% per chest).

Lesson to never ask about anything learned, thanks.

Lesson to never ask about anything learned, thanks.
    Yeah. I was trying to suggest above (obviously too veiled a suggestion) that QmasterX could repay our information notification that +3->+4's were live by putting them on sale for a few days... and then they could take them down once the sale ended. Instead QmasterX decided to just take them away.

And yes I know +4's are going to be less valuable soon once there's a large source of +5's in chests with the level raise... but I wanted a +4 int tome for a TR life when the expansion hits. Someones adding a bunch of necessary caster skills (possibly, if they don't change what was on the public enhancement previews).
    Last edited by Gratch; 07-16-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It's sort of comforting that all facets of Turbine seem to have version control problems, not just QA.
    Just point of fact... QA has nothing to do with updating, compiling, or distributing what is in the version control system. That's all development.

QA are the guys that point out "this is broke. This is broke. That ain't right. and This is Broke."
    Development are the guys that go "({id+=10 * t / b[0](ss)})"
    Management are the ones that go: "I don't care. My bonus is based on meeting the deadline so ship what you have."