Post Bladeforged Warforged... Master Race of DDO?

Hello fellow DDO adventurers, I'm looking to make a return to the game after a year away. The opportunity to come back and once again experience the fun of playing the master race of DDO was simply too hard to resist. I've generally found Warforged to be a good looking race so I'm glad that Bladeforged aren't getting the -2 Charisma at creation. However, I am somewhat disappointed with the -2 Dex at creation as I prefer dual-wielding and qualifying for Twf feats could take up a huge part of the build points. The limited amount of reading I've done suggests that 18-20 Levels of Paladin Bladedforged seems vastly improved over the old basic 32 pt Warforged Pure Paladin, particularly in self sufficiency. Anyhow, I'm just curious as to what others plan on doing as I noticed very few Bladeforged forum threads.

So in short the Bladeforged combinations I'm looking at are:
    (20) Paladin, a Tukaw-ish Melee (16)Sorc/(2) monk/(2) Paladin, an Artificer Juggernaut (16) Arti/(2) monk /(2) Paladin, or a (18)Favored Soul/ (2) Paladin.
    Last edited by DarkSpectre; 07-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    "Khyber Server" The Crown Jewel of DDO Main Alts. Darkelvis, Thickelvis, Almostelvis, Holyelvis, Lil-elvis

Community Member

Default Coreforged

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpectre View Post
    Hello fellow DDO adventurers, I'm looking to make a return to the game after a year away. The opportunity to come back and once again experience the fun of playing the master race of DDO was simply too hard to resist. I've generally found Warforged to be a good looking race so I'm glad that Bladeforged aren't getting the -2 Charisma at creation. However, I am somewhat disappointed with the -2 Dex at creation as I prefer dual-wielding and qualifying for Twf feats could take up a huge part of the build points. The limited amount of reading I've done suggests that 18-20 Levels of Paladin Bladedforged seems vastly improved over the old basic 32 pt Warforged Pure Paladin, particularly in self sufficiency. Anyhow, I'm just curious as to what others plan on doing as I noticed very few Bladeforged forum threads.

So in short the Bladeforged combinations I'm looking at are:
    (20) Paladin, a Tukaw-ish Melee (16)Sorc/(2) monk/(2) Paladin, an Artificer Juggernaut (16) Arti/(2) monk /(2) Paladin, or a (18)Favored Soul/ (2) Paladin.
    I'm having a lot of fun with my flavor build of a Bladefored.
    He's 18 pal, 1 ftr, 1 wiz, Charisma focused build...my focus on DI Energy Burst and Energy Vortex and Daunting Roar for endgame playability.

I succeeded. He's able to quickly and easily solo EH quests...but is definitely lacking in EE quests, similar to a DI Sorc at the moment.
    Reasons for split:
    ----1 fighter for extra feat and tower shield proficiency.
    ----1 wizard for extra feat and "Wizard acid/cold/fire/elect Manipulation I"
    ----18 Paladin for the saves (I'm also seeing REALLY big numbers on my LayonHands...in the 900's)

He wasn't easy to level like I've been used to with most of my other characters...the Cha focus instead of strength wasn't great and...well...its Paladin dps :-) ...Thankfully I had guildies leveling with me. Even if they weren't around and I had to solo this first lifer--running the quests on normal was quick...hard was doable but really slow, elite generally not doable.

Two levelup weapons for Charisma to atk and dmg were easy to obtain: lvl 4 thru 9 I used the Moonhowl Axe, and from lvl 10 thru 25 I'm using the Scepter of Healing with 114 Corrosion slotted at cap.

Starting stats:
    Str 10, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 16

Ending stats and saves, etc (still not fully geared the way I want):
    Str 30, Dex 14, Con 39, Int 15, Wis 21, Cha 46, HP 919, SP 1303, AC 102, PRR 89, Fortitude 69, Reflex 57, Will 68, Fortification 165

This Bladeforged bonus really helps:
    -10% Slashing damage. When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 PRR for 3 seconds (up to +20 PRR)
    and of course the "Power of the Forge"

I'm really looking forward to The Reconstruct spell as a Spell-Like Ability when the expansion hits.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Bladeforged is definately pretty attractive for alot of build with that -2 Cha gone...if anything I'm sure alot of WF Sorcs will be TRing into Bladeforged when the option becomes availible...my main reason I love this and the other Iconics is you don't have to level to 15 right away like vet status forces you to so you can use it to join your friends at practically any level and since 90% of my game time is spent playing with firends of various levels its a pretty awesome deal for me.

Personally I'll be TRing my Wizard12/Fighter6/Rogue2 into a Tukaw-ish either 18/2 or 16/2/2 build (to evasion or not to evasion) mostly just to test the "Other" popular Battle Mage build for comparison to my own creation of Wakut (and yes that is Tukaw spelt backwards :P).

On the note of Iconics PDK the fighter iconic would make for a good Paladin18/Fighter2 build (or Paladin16/Fighter2/Rogue or Monk2) with its ability to add Charisma to attack/damage. Not to mention the awesome "daily" ability that is For Cormyr!! (Full Heal + Add Cha Mod to Attack/damage for you and allies)

Morninglord is ok for Clerics but its probably the weakest of the Iconics I mainly like it because of a personal preference for Clerics to use Bludgeoning weapons..other than that it's abilities are fairly meh...I mean Blessing of Amauntor will make buffing slightly faster I guess, but Amanator's Brilliance is a fairly weak spell. I would have liked to have seen some unique abilities here like the other Iconics.

I'm not really sure about the Shadar-Kai I don't see any super cool synergies or anything coming out of this one...it's basically just an Assassin Rogue with some rogue-like racial extra abilities thsoe abilities although thoise abilities are pretty freaking awesome and will likely be my test character for when the new stealth/Mob AI mechanics go through.

Despite my initial skeptisim about Iconics I would like to see more...Gnomish Tinker (Gnome Arty), Moon Elf Spellblade (Wizard w/ Int to attack/damage or w/e), Kender Bard, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-12-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Morninglord is ok for Clerics but its probably the weakest of the Iconics I mainly like it because of a personal preference for Clerics to use Bludgeoning weapons..other than that it's abilities are fairly meh...I mean Blessing of Amauntor will make buffing slightly faster I guess, but Amanator's Brilliance is a fairly weak spell. I would have liked to have seen some unique abilities here like the other Iconics.

I'm not really sure about the Shadar-Kai I don't see any super cool synergies or anything coming out of this one...it's basically just an Assassin Rogue with some rogue-like racial extra abilities thsoe abilities although thoise abilities are pretty freaking awesome and will likely be my test character for when the new stealth/Mob AI mechanics go through.
    Well having done some testing in the Open Beta unless they make some drastic changes Morninglord is a waste...everything it does is done better by a Dwarven Cleric except for the SLAs and their really nothing special who in their right mind thought an ELF was an iconic cleric (I didn't realize it was an elf it I rolled it up on Open Beta) all its racial abilities besides the amantuer SLA line are focused on being an arcane caster and a bow user.

It has no synergy with cleric at all and worse its actually detrimental in that it has -2 Con...its bonus +2 Int...woopti freaking do. On top of that unlike the other 3 Iconics which are races that uses existing models with a unique look (Shadar-Kai = Punkish Humans, Bladeforged = Spikey WF, PDK = Human looking Half-Orcs) and have synergizes both with the class its linked to and bring about interesting multi-classes

Morninglord is detrimental to cleric and really the best combination I can think of is a 1 splash on wizard simply for the +2 int and unlocking heal for palemaster. This "Iconic" not only fails at being an effective class it fails at being Iconic...Elves are known for being masters of the sword bow and arcane magic and sun elf reflects that greatly...too bad he's a Morninglord.

The Shadar-kai on the other hand the only complete I really have is I wish you weren't forced to have the wild hairstyles...give us the option of a few normal hairstyles. I'd like to have a ponytail with a wld tattoo and a bunch of piercings as opposed to that and a half shaved head with a flock of seagulls haircut.

Beyond that this Race has great synergy with its native class and while not as obvious as PDK and Bladeforged it does have some interesting synergies especially since its native class is a popular 2 splash. The chain attack for example would be a great AOE threat gatherer for a tank.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-13-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.