Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Hrm. I'm getting a feeling that the suggestion to revamp the Morninglord's race into Aasimar instead of a Sun Elf would be too late. The stat boosts would actually make sense (+2 Wis +2 Cha) and synergize with the class itself, the Aasimar being an iconic divine race to boot.

Such a missed opportunity concidering that Faerun has a great affinity with the planetouched.

Quote Originally Posted by d20 SRD Aasimar
    +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
    Outsider (Native)
    Medium size.
    An aasimar’s base land speed is 30 feet.
    Darkvision: Aasimars can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
    Racial Skills: Aasimars have a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
    Racial Feats: An aasimar gains feats according to its class levels.
    Special Attacks (see above): Daylight.
    Special Qualities (see above): Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and electricity 5.
    Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan.
    Favored Class: Paladin.
    Level adjustment +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre-On-A-Stick View Post
    Hrm. I'm getting a feeling that the suggestion to revamp the Morninglord's race into Aasimar instead of a Sun Elf would be too late. The stat boosts would actually make sense (+2 Wis +2 Cha) and synergize with the class itself, the Aasimar being an iconic divine race to boot.Such a missed opportunity concidering that Faerun has a great affinity with the planetouched.
    great idea!

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Slaying arrows are currently working with repeaters on Lammania. If this is working as intended, it opens up some more possibilities for Morninglords.

For some reason, if a character doesn't have repeater proficiency, both bolts fired will be adrenalized slaying bolts (in FOTW). If a character does have the repeater proficiency, only one of the 3 bolts will be affected by both adrenaline and slaying. If all 3 bolts in the volley were affected, it would make the combination tempting (adrenalized slaying bolts). As it stands I'm not so sure. Endless Fusillade isn't affecting the results.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 07-30-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

So far I think these make the most sense as pure wizards or maybe even battle wizards. Someone else in this thread says that will be possible in the future with a LR.

Founder

A nice quick platform for testing out arcane archer 14 art/1 clerics I guess! So all of the ranged archery attacks work with crossbows? I thought I read that eladrin said they were going to do that. It sounds like it should work the opposite way with proficiency though...

Community Member

The morninglord really should get a choice between Int & Wis for their racial stat. Making this change would make this iconic more desirable to the players. Players should want to try out a morninglord. The bonus stat not being select-able hurts that quite a bit.

Hrm. I'm getting a feeling that the suggestion to revamp the Morninglord's race into Aasimar instead of a Sun Elf would be too late. The stat boosts would actually make sense (+2 Wis +2 Cha) and synergize with the class itself, the Aasimar being an iconic divine race to boot.

Such a missed opportunity concidering that Faerun has a great affinity with the planetouched.
    Being a human form, I don't think it would be to big a thing to delay this Iconic further and do this. It would be far more appropriate.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

This would make a lot of sense.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Ok let's look at this

Rogue Iconic -> Shadar-Kai...perfect fluff for an Assassin rogue...dweller of shadows and all that and fits into the storyline that their going with.

Paladin Iconic -> Bladeforged...99% of BF are Paladins and honestly the devs are giving us a break by not stripping our Paladin powers when we basically tell the Lord of Blades to shove it when we take a different class :P So yeah this ones fits perfect

Fighter Iconic -> PDK...Ignoring the fact that this iconic will likely work best as a 2 splash to a charisma based class this is a perfect iconic for the generic realms PDKs are quite awesome and their abilities fit perfectly,lastly PDKs are mostly human so that fits fine.

Cleric Iconic -> Elven Cleric who worships Amaunator who is primarily worshipped by Humans and Aasimar so not sure where elves come in actually from what I recall of the generic realms elves are very recluse and rarely deal with other races (also Cormyr seems to only be 4% elves) nor are they Iconic clerics...elves are masters of mixing martial and arcane...nothing divine. this really should have been Aasimar which would have followed the pattern of the other 3 an existing model with some unique visual effects and abilities (basically a human with glowing eyes or an aura of light or something) this would also give them +2 Wis/Cha instead of +int.

So yeah imo the cleric "iconic" fails at being iconic because its not an iconic cleric race

Actually I'm kind of surprised they went with a Morninglord Cleric Iconic instead of another Cormyr related class like a Cormyrian War Wizard or something. Personally I would have preferred to have seen 2 Generic Realms Iconics and 2 Eberron Iconics..maybe a House Cannith Gnome Artificer (+2 Int/Dex, - 2 Str/Wis) a Gnomish tinkerer now THATS iconic.

This was a missed opportunity devs before deciding on what you guys thought was "Iconic" you should ave run a random contest or thread with the title like "Post your best/favorite PnP character" this would have given you a general idea of what people think is awesome/iconic w/o giving away anything or hell you could not be all cloak and dagger about it and just ask us...hey what class/race combos do you guys think are iconic...than just develop the ones you liked from the more popular ones.

I'll post about the actual enhancements when Lama comes back up
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-09-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

nothing saying that they can't introduce more iconic races post epic/iconic TR.

But i'd rather have aasimar as a normal race, similar to drow, limited to 28pt builds

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default iconic

Personally, I think the introductions of the Iconics was a "cop-out" Currently this concept allows them a selling point with out allowing an integration of new races and classes into the current system. Turbine doesn't have to worry about making them work with the TR system which would be a huge "time sink" and probably create a lot of bugs.

They should have made it so that at 3500 or 4000 faction or whatever number was remotely reasonable, you get to bump any newly created toon to Level 15. They should have also introduced the two new races as stand al9ne races (capable of any class) and the pdk and bladeforged as Feat Options or Enhancement Tree's.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy the are doing something, but they hit the Easy Button. Later, when and if they try to work this out, it is going to be tough.
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 08-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Ok so looking at the Morninglord enhancements...the core line is bonuses to int and ranged weapons? Uh...ok...tell me again why you guys chose elf for an iconic cleric.

Also ASF? on a cleric...divine spells aren't effected by ASF....the A stands for Arcane eh.

The bonus damage line is nice and is iconic of the cleric class...grace is kind of dumb...doesn't suit cleric at all...fits elf...which again why?...skill is nice doublestrike is cool

Bonuses to search, spot and listen...nope none of those are cleric skills...bu works for elf..again why elf?

Nothing is hidden...hmmm yeah im sure that will be really helpful on a cleric.

Ok you guys get the idea everything related to the "Elf" half of the morninglord racial line is useless to a cleric

On the other hand all the morninglord stuff is pretty cool too bad it only amounts to a single line of SLAs and some mace damage boni leading to an ok doublestrike boost and a dex based elven ability.

Devs plz...why elf, why not Aasimar? please answer that one question for us
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-09-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Why would you choose sun elf at all for the race for iconic morninglords?

Sun elves rarely even leave Evermeet and are intolerant of other races. They also think they are the only true elves and revere Corellon Larethian, patron god of the fey, and creator of the elves.

Amaunator on the other hand is primarily worshiped by humans, his temples are in human lands (NOT Evermeet) and Morninglords are the elite clerics of Amaunator. Amaunator is Lawful, elves tend toward chaos. Sun elves are less chaotic than most other elves but still not normally aligned with law.

Further the favored class of sun elves is wizards, and the few sun elf adventures are typically wizards, fighters, or both.

I fail to see how a sun elf Morninglord is in any way Iconic. Its sort of like a tefling paladin, sure it can happen, but its not really Iconic.

Oh, and the “sun” in sun elf doesn't refer to the literal sun, but their golden coloring, thus they are also sometimes called gold elves, much the same way moon elves are also called silver elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilyen View Post

Sun elves rarely even leave Evermeet and are intolerant of other races. They also think they are the only true elves and revere Corellon Larethian, patron god of the fey, and creator of the elves.

Amaunator on the other hand is primarily worshiped by humans, his temples are in human lands (NOT Evermeet) and Morninglords are the elite clerics of Amaunator. Amaunator is Lawful, elves tend toward chaos. Sun elves are less chaotic than most other elves but still not normally aligned with law.

Further the favored class of sun elves is wizards, and the few sun elf adventures are typically wizards, fighters, or both.

Oh, and the “sun” in sun elf doesn't refer to the literal sun, but their golden coloring, thus they are also sometimes called gold elves, much the same way moon elves are also called silver elves.
    Agreed to all the above

I fail to see how a sun elf Morninglord is in any way Iconic. Its sort of like a tefling paladin, sure it can happen, but its not really Iconic.
    Well to be fair in Dark Sun the Crimson Legion (Tiefling Paladin Army) is incredibly famous...but yeah its no where near iconic in Eberron or the Generic realms

Community Member

There several sun elf groups outside of Evermeet in the canon now. In the "new" Myth Drannor they are a sizable force as well as some groups in Evereska and elsewhere. Sun elves have also been featured in the Comics (Vartan Hai Sylvar, a cleric), and in the books as well, in fact Jander Sunstar was a follower of Lathander in Vampire of the Mists.

The list of elven clerics is quite long. The haughtiness of Elves seems to be favored by writers for making clerics. Other writers and games turn this upside down. Here are some Elf clerics in no particular order, Vartan Hai Sylvar (comics), Aerie (Baldur's Gate), Linu La'neral (Neverwinter Nights), Filsaelene Merwyst (Forsaken House), etc.

Note, I am not saying that aasimar clerics would be bad. I rather liked Kaelyn the Dove in Mask of the Betrayer.

why do we have only one faerun deity? since when morninglord become the only deity in faerun? serious if there be only one god, i would much perfer AO, snce he perfer longsword over some useless junky mace.. after all we don't have much named mace in game..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123