Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Morninglord Iconic Discussion Thread!

Please use this thread to discuss the Morninglord Iconic.

The Morninglord Iconic's Enhancements are also being discussed here.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-22-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Default The good, the bad, and the very ugly

Let me just skip the baloney and get down to it:

The morning lord iconic racial enhancements make NO sense.

1. Racial bonus to int (clerics and cleric multiclasses don't need int)
    2. Int enhancement (the ONLY choice, for a non-int based class)
    3. Dex to damage with blunts (so we are focusing on INT, and Dex comes out of left field, bizarre!)
    4. Racial bonus to ranged sneak attack (copied from elf race, with no bonuses to bows, bizarre!)

What is the thought process behind this silliness? If you want to make this Iconic special, give a bonus to WISDOM, with WISDOM to damage with blunts. Can keep ranged sneak attack as then there will be synergy with Zen archery. As it stands this is currently the stupidest race/class combo there is.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

I understand that Elves take a CON penalty, but why is the bonus to INT instead of WIS?

So far I haven't found much that makes the Morninglord a class / race I must play. Seems sort of lacking at first glance. If this Iconic is supposed to Melee, can they get an auto granted THF or Cleave line?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Default Sun Elves, please read the lore.

In response to the above two replies, Morninglords are Sun Elves. Sun Elves get racial bonuses to intelligence not wisdom or dexterity. Although I am confused about the morningstars, Sun Elves are proficient with swords and bows as well. And also Morninglords are intended clerics, not melee.

How is the Morninglord any different from a Human cleric then? A regular Cleric seems better all around
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Default Postive Energy Aura/Positive Energy Burst - No Regen?

On the live servers, I have a Level 21 cleric with Postive Energy Aura/Positive Energy Burst; there the uses regenerate over time.

With the Morninglord I created on Lamannia, it seems like the same enhancements don't regenerate over time...unless it takes a lot longer? Or maybe with the Morninglords the uses don't regen?

There've been numerous times in dungeons where I could keep a party alive even if just using the Aura/Burst... I really hope you don't have to rest to get back your uses of them...
    Cannith:
    Isaela-Fighter 16 (TR)||Aeylya-Cleric 21||Draeya-Rogue 5||Sollest-Ranger 9||Fiarra-Artificer 9||Rinwenn-Ranger 7||Moliya-Druid 3||Onaya-Druid 7||Anniela-Favored Soul 7||Caelene-Bard 7||Kitartia-BladeForged 15