Default There is nothing epic about epic tactician - or any of the non "perfect" melee feats

The perfect melee feats are pretty decent straightforward improvements for either fighting style. Great.

What about the rest of the "epic" feats at a melee's disposal? They're not good at ALL.

Epic tactician: +2 to tactic DC's is boring, extremely underpowered (reminds me of weapon focus feats, to a certain extent) and redundant with the myriad of other "stuff" out there. An epic tactician needs something shiny and something that's enticing.

Even if you change this to - your equipped weapons now possess the stunning +10 property, or vertigo +10 property...etc. I'd prefer it - at least free up my dunrobar ring or something.

The other feat with 5d20 untyped damage for mobs > 90% health, is laughable. Who cares?

You wanna make this more worthwhile? Just give us a flat +2W to damage, a 5% chance to trip a target per hit, add the vorpal ability, etc..this feat gives you the illusion of damage - since the first 10% of a monsters health rises to only an artificial level of importance within the context of this feat.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Even if you change this to - your equipped weapons now possess the stunning +10 property, or vertigo +10 property...etc. I'd prefer it - at least free up my dunrobar ring or something.

This idea is so good i want to have sex with it.

A set of 3 "stances" for a +(3 - 5) stacking DC to trip/sunder/stun and (2 - 5)% chance to trip/sunder/stun the target with no save (excluding targets that cannot be affected by the effect normally) would be perfect IMO. (Number range flexible for balance, but along that idea).
    Last edited by Grizzt14; 08-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Degenerate Matter
    Argonnessen

Grizzt
    Ivandria
    Sazcir
    Halania
    Tazaras
    Karjya
    Shintao Monk Henshin Mystic Mechanic Artificer Tempest

Archmage
    (Retired)
    Air Savant
    (Retired)

Community Member

Agreed wholeheartedly, but at least melee are getting some decent epic feats, would have been nice to see a perfect 'sword and board' feat aimed at shield users.

Perfect Shield Mastery: 20% doublestrike and 15 stacking PRR and 25% extra threat when using a shield.

Anyway I don't think we should be just looking at the melee feats as being lame, I think melee got two of the best feats, the other types don't seem to have much going for them.

Epic Tactician Vs. Epic Mage Armor one is at least semi useful the other is absolute rubbish!
    Last edited by CoasterHops; 08-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Yes I love the new feats for melees. 18 more days to get a primal ED capped with impossible demands or house of rusted blades!

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Yes I love the new feats for melees. 18 more days to get a primal ED capped with impossible demands or house of rusted blades!
    huh
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

You are suffering from the post armor change blindness that has you convinced that +2 is meaningless.

Saves vs tactical DCs still operate under the d20 system so if you have high enough DCs that you can land a stun say, on higher than a 1 on the enemies save roll, but do not stun on a 19 - a perfectly reasonable situation, particularly if you run epic elites, then this is a whole 10% buff to your chance to stun enemies.

Thats huge.
    Vlyxnol - Coven of Heroes - Cannith
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post
    You are suffering from the post armor change blindness that has you convinced that +2 is meaningless.

Saves vs tactical DCs still operate under the d20 system so if you have high enough DCs that you can land a stun say, on higher than a 1 on the enemies save roll, but do not stun on a 19 - a perfectly reasonable situation, particularly if you run epic elites, then this is a whole 10% buff to your chance to stun enemies.

Thats huge.
    Your reasoning assumes that stunning on a 19 fails. I'd like to argue to you the possibility that most tacticians will already have no fail DC's in their desired tactics.

Its boring, and its weak.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Your reasoning assumes that stunning on a 19 fails. I'd like to argue to you the possibility that most tacticians will already have no fail DC's in their desired tactics.
    I'm sure you do, but "most"? I doubt it. What a no fail stun DC for EE giants? 65?

You're idea for +10 stunning applied to any weapon is cool also, but I bet there are a lot of people out there that could use another stacking +2.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I'm sure you do, but "most"? I doubt it. What a no fail stun DC for EE giants? 65?

You're idea for +10 stunning applied to any weapon is cool also, but I bet there are a lot of people out there that could use another stacking +2.
    My barb and my wisdom based monk probably don't need it (depends on how hard level 28 mobs are to stun), but another +2 would be useful for my lower STR halfling fighter who is not as good at stunning as I'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I'm sure you do, but "most"? I doubt it. .
    Ehh...the things I have are available for others as well. If they want to give us a +2 to tactics feat in case someone finds it useful, I don't mind. What I mind is that they make it the only tactics related epic feat out there. That is terrible game design.
    YouTube Channel HERE