Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    There are free travel npcs outside the area that will teleport you after quest completions. The shard-based transport NPC has been added as a new feature due to requests from players for a convenient time-saving method to reach their quests when they don't have the time to traverse the wilderness area.
    As long as there are free teleport options on quest completions, I don't mind the paid guide; he just becomes another Easy Button for the rich and lazy.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    As long as there are free teleport options on quest completions, I don't mind the paid guide; he just becomes another Easy Button for the rich and lazy.
    Yes, there's a free teleport NPC in Wheloon. Two of the quests unlock teleport destinations for the free transport once you complete them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Yes, there's a free teleport NPC in Wheloon. Two of the quests unlock teleport destinations for the free transport once you complete them.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Sadly, I realized I posted in the wrong thread - twice. I was thinking of Storm Horns. lol

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    So what's the Lizard in the sewer thee for? Just flavor? Seems like an awful lot of effort to make him a one way teleport out of the sewers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    So what's the Lizard in the sewer thee for? Just flavor? Seems like an awful lot of effort to make him a one way teleport out of the sewers.
    Actually, I am wondering about the ladder where that lizardman is. Is it supposed to work? Is there somewhere else to go in there?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Actually, I am wondering about the ladder where that lizardman is. Is it supposed to work? Is there somewhere else to go in there?
    Yeah, that whole section seems to be something that was planned then dropped as if they ran out of time. It appears that some effort was put into it. Currently, he's just a one way teleport (although there is an option that doesn't work to teleport to him).

That whole area might just be a new House J palace. I'd say it could be an addition in the next update, but it's weird to stick an update in a wilderness that VIPs can't automatically gain access to. It's kind of like the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar, another new addition with more detail and lack of purpose, but I'm assuming the Hall of Heroes is a glimpse of a future update.

Community Member

Yeah, that whole section seems to be something that was planned then dropped as if they ran out of time. It appears that some effort was put into it. Currently, he's just a one way teleport (although there is an option that doesn't work to teleport to him).

That whole area might just be a new House J palace. I'd say it could be an addition in the next update, but it's weird to stick an update in a wilderness that VIPs can't automatically gain access to. It's kind of like the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar, another new addition with more detail and lack of purpose, but I'm assuming the Hall of Heroes is a glimpse of a future update.
    Hall of Heroes is where one arrives when choosing Transport to Eveningstar or Transport to Eberron from the character selection screen. I don't know what other purpose it serves. So far, those only work for my Iconic chars.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Hall of Heroes is where one arrives when choosing Transport to Eveningstar or Transport to Eberron from the character selection screen. I don't know what other purpose it serves. So far, those only work for my Iconic chars.
    Ahh. I haven't tried the teleporting from the character screen yet. Makes sense, I guess...although it does seem like an awfully big area just to teleport into.

Community Member

Ahh. I haven't tried the teleporting from the character screen yet. Makes sense, I guess...although it does seem like an awfully big area just to teleport into.
    Heh, an awfully big area in an itty bitty building.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Surely you intended to change the color and bold the text where the lizardman Tizzick the transporter mentions there is an astral shard cost?
    I mean, in no way were you intentionally attempting to scam players out of shards in the cheapest way possible right?

Smile Wheloon Prison Non-Wilderness Feedback

I am right now finally downloading the Lammania access I have been so generously given (Thank you Turbine!) and therefore not seen anything in the expansion yet that isn't open to the world. I want to give my applause and positive feedback for what is already out (owlbear & all)! I especially liked the shadow I saw in Wheloon (outside quests & wilderness) sneaking up on people. As a brash Bladeforged (my favorite part of the expansion so far), I tried to chop it into three. I was able to stand right next to it and slash, but it did not react in any way and proceeded to examine the back of some guy's head. Is it supposed to ignore me?

P.S. This is also my first forum post ever. If I am being picky, out of line, or in any other way a nusiance, please tell me.
    P.P.S. I missed the July 26-28 window mentioned in the beta email. Can I still win prizes? Regardless, I am still delighted to help and still intend to post feedback and suggestions.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seigemaster View Post
    I am right now finally downloading the Lammania access I have been so generously given (Thank you Turbine!) and therefore not seen anything in the expansion yet that isn't open to the world. I want to give my applause and positive feedback for what is already out (owlbear & all)! I especially liked the shadow I saw in Wheloon (outside quests & wilderness) sneaking up on people. As a brash Bladeforged (my favorite part of the expansion so far), I tried to chop it into three. I was able to stand right next to it and slash, but it did not react in any way and proceeded to examine the back of some guy's head. Is it supposed to ignore me?

P.S. This is also my first forum post ever. If I am being picky, out of line, or in any other way a nusiance, please tell me.
    P.P.S. I missed the July 26-28 window mentioned in the beta email. Can I still win prizes? Regardless, I am still delighted to help and still intend to post feedback and suggestions.
    See here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nnia-is-Closed

Don't shoot the messenger! Cheers! :P! ! ><!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12