Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official The Thrill of the Hunt Discussion Thread!

Please use this thread to discuss the Wheloon Quest: The Thrill of the Hunt.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Community Member

Default I guess I'll be first

This struck me as the easiest of the five quests (on EN) as well as the quickest to run.

I'm guessing this quest will be the one most farmed for XP, but we'll see.

Edit: Just soloed it on HE - as with the first quest, lag around the shadow gate fight is just horrible. I didn't die (DoS capstone kept me alive), but it needs to be adjusted.
    Last edited by Texlaw1992; 07-15-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Question

I found this quest a bit more challenging than the othes, but that might be just because I had a crappy underlevel healbot hire who died during the boss fight. Nonetheless, that made it fun and challenging for my capped toon!

At the end of the day though, I suspect Tex is right that this will be a quick xp grind run like Demands and Rusted Blades for many parties, which isnt necessarily a bad thing. We'll need those runs to keep capping EDS, esp with the potential TR changes.

One thing that could use attention is the puzzle that is supposed to be part of it. I detroyed the effigy and moved on without having any clue on where to start with it, and evidently it was irrelevant. If you want it to have a part it should be mandatory for completion or there should be a great reward for completing it, and there should be some sort of guidance as regards where to start. It might just be bugged now, but something isnt right.

I can't seem to find the following to get completion:
    Shar Alter to close the Shadow Gate
    Find a Key to unlock the upper door

I've been through the quest 3 times now Killing Karleth.. what am I missing...

I stop and examine/explore the areas in detail when the objectives come up.. but cant find a thing.

After spending 4 hours in there running it differently many times, trying to find those 2 objectives...

Bug reported this quest... I see it as not being able to be completed at all......
    Last edited by Cashiry; 07-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Leclaire1 View Post
    One thing that could use attention is the puzzle that is supposed to be part of it. I detroyed the effigy and moved on without having any clue on where to start with it, and evidently it was irrelevant. If you want it to have a part it should be mandatory for completion or there should be a great reward for completing it, and there should be some sort of guidance as regards where to start. It might just be bugged now, but something isnt right.
    I agree, this quest is buggeed.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

The quest is bugged since the last patch. You can't get to the shadow portal.

Havin taken this mission as a Shadar-kai, it felt kinda odd to have my toon ask the quest giver "Whoa are the Shadar-kais".. Do you think it would be feasible to introduce racial related dialogue here and there, where appropriate?

Yes, this quest remains bugged. We were not aware that it had been so since the last patch.

We got the Shadow Gate dialogue, but nothing happened. Nor could we find anything resembling an altar. The only thing we could do was kill the Shadar-Kai Boss. This will inhibit us from doing a survey, as we cannot complete the quest.

PS: Heroic Level 16 Quest
    Deforming the Game in 5 uses, with a 3 second Cooldown and a 15 second recovery Rate.

I tried this quest several times can't find shadow alter and it wiil not flag finding the last key
    William L. DeAemond

We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it. Unfortunately the area with the portal will be cut. It was a puzzle we were working on and simply didn't have time to finish.

Perhaps we'll use that puzzle in future content.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Unfortunately the area with the portal will be cut.
    Noooooo! Is there hope it will be eventually finished and used for the quest? I like puzzles in quests, they cull out the stupid (Monastery anyone? )
    Jokes aside, I'd like to see that part of the quest, it sounds interesting.

Community Member

Well, this explains why I can't finish the chain. Kinda sucks. I love how my wizard is literally able to tank in the wheloon prison content, I'd like to continue with the chain but have to wait till this one is fixed.