Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Friends in Low Places Discussion Thread!

Please use this thread to discuss the Wheloon Quest: Friends in Low Places.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Not a bad quest. You run around in a huge underground cavernous sewer, caves. It feels very asymmetric. I like the fact that dogs and rats are just your average 1 hit kill stuff - instead of the CR 50 type mega dog and rats. As appropriate. And there are also options to explore - this place calls out for a few oozes. I don't like them per say, but it just feels like it would be perfect for a rare super ooze/cube or maybe a few others.

Not a lot of them, but a passage with some of them. I like the fact that this is a step away from the rail shooter type quests of late - it adds volume and exploration. It just needs a few small surprises as well to spice it up.

Thought this was a bit bland, but not bad. Looks great. Great map layout.

I'll echo that this map needs a few rares, oozes etc.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

The quest bugged for us, or we only found 3 crests.

We succeded on protecting the elder on west an east, both crests were snakes, but we failed on protecting the south one and the crest, the bat one, was locked in the force field.

We aslo did the other optionals, like avoiding the north raid, but no crest dropped.

Found the niece of the elder of the west camp, but when we talked to her, the optional didnt complete.

After on hour or so, exploring the full map 3 times, didnt found another way to open the door with the crests, so we just recalled and didnt bother with that quest anymore.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Default Human Mobs Bugged in Quest

We found that the human archers and crossbow shooters didn't move very much (even when hit repeatedly) once they selected an initial target. I stood next to a number of these mobs and killed them while they were shooting at the other party member. Not once did the attempt to move or start shooting at me.

Community Member

The area where you get trapped by gates with archers up above is bugged. My Dragon Incarnate Fly By Attack ability went right through the gates up top, and I could not get back inside.

Thumbs up

We did this earlier on EE with Kookie but no healer so had a few deaths (kookie ended up about -7k.so we all wished we could fight on when dead but we never got the spell lol).
    As someone mention there is the 1 place where u can get trapped in and a sorc managed it, He died and we waited (Kookie said it was on a timer), anyway the gates didn't open so Kookie went in and killed the archers which then opened the gates (looks like this bug will be fixed as it was seen 1st hand).
    There is a redname fight that spawns mobs behind you and I am not sure if the redname respawns (if you fight at the spawn point) them after they are dead or it is intended.
    Anyway for a pug without a healer on EE I thought we did very well and realy enjoyed the quest (Group was kookie (Rogue), a monk, a fighter, 2 sorcs and myself on my Arti).
    I would like to thank Kookie for the time taken with us and also on behalf of the others for the nice presents that he gave them

Community Member

I have noticed that many of the friendly npc's turn the mouse cursor to a red targeting circle.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default Coulld not finish quest

Did this quest tonight had same bug as someone else got two snake crest. but no bat crest. in experience under X said we protected all leader and got niece but could not find southern leader and bat crest was behind force field. Did the quest on Hard as a 17th level rogue, with hirelings. Run around for a while but could not find anything else. Recall out. Did like the layout of the quest.

Community Member

Default Interesting

Soloed it on enorm - I can confirm I got all three seals, bat and two snakes. Only needed one snake to unlock the gate though.

Main questgiver bugs after this quest - ceases responding even after chain completed.
    Last edited by Texlaw1992; 07-14-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    We did this earlier on EE with Kookie but no healer so had a few deaths (kookie ended up about -7k.so we all wished we could fight on when dead but we never got the spell lol).
    As someone mention there is the 1 place where u can get trapped in and a sorc managed it, He died and we waited (Kookie said it was on a timer), anyway the gates didn't open so Kookie went in and killed the archers which then opened the gates (looks like this bug will be fixed as it was seen 1st hand).
    There is a redname fight that spawns mobs behind you and I am not sure if the redname respawns (if you fight at the spawn point) them after they are dead or it is intended.
    Anyway for a pug without a healer on EE I thought we did very well and realy enjoyed the quest (Group was kookie (Rogue), a monk, a fighter, 2 sorcs and myself on my Arti).
    I would like to thank Kookie for the time taken with us and also on behalf of the others for the nice presents that he gave them
    Hey man I was the monk with you and kookie. Also Kookie ended up going as low as 15k at one point. As the DogMania mentioned the red name that spawns the mobs might need to be nerfeed to be achievable. I would say around 15-20% less mobs to spawn.

In Epic Elite it was doable but since it is EE content you would need to be geared up a proper healer and maybe a 2nd part time healer just in case. (UMD or other??)

To Kookie: Thanks for the goodies man. Really appreciate the time taken to come and hang with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    The quest bugged for us, or we only found 3 crests.

We succeded on protecting the elder on west an east, both crests were snakes, but we failed on protecting the south one and the crest, the bat one, was locked in the force field.

We aslo did the other optionals, like avoiding the north raid, but no crest dropped.

Found the niece of the elder of the west camp, but when we talked to her, the optional didnt complete.

After on hour or so, exploring the full map 3 times, didnt found another way to open the door with the crests, so we just recalled and didnt bother with that quest anymore.
    The last mob required to advance was found beyond the gate that opened when the area spawned. It did not follow the rest of the mobs.Going to the other side of the gate and finding and killing it advanced the quest.

Hope this helps
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Community Member

Default Heroic Elite

Soloed it today on HE for favor. The end fight needs to be modified - somehow the boss causes huge lag which lasted over 5 minutes. I have no idea how I survived since I was often down to 20 hp, but the lag cleared up in 5 seconds once the boss died.

Keeping the southern leader alive is optional. As the above poster noted, a mob or two often hangs around outside and all need to die for the quest to advance.

The damage the elite traps do could be toned down a bit.

The heroic quest giver is not bugged - she advances each quest normally. The epic guy is bugged - freezes after this quest.

Community Member

Like the feel of the quest but it was too easy to approach the archers shooting at the barricades and just take them out one by one while they kept worrying about shooting the barricades. Seems slightly nonsensical that I bust through the barricades only to then fight off mobs busting thru the barricades (or just coming thru the hole I made...). Would make more sense if you traveled thru the hidden passages first to help the leaders, then were able to get into the tunnels past the barricades after the assualt on the area.

Also found the girl, and it didn't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    The epic guy is bugged - freezes after this quest.
    Yep. It was annoying not getting to see what the chain rewards are, but I imagine this will be fixed quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Not a bad quest. You run around in a huge underground cavernous sewer, caves. It feels very asymmetric. I like the fact that dogs and rats are just your average 1 hit kill stuff - instead of the CR 50 type mega dog and rats. As appropriate. And there are also options to explore - this place calls out for a few oozes. I don't like them per say, but it just feels like it would be perfect for a rare super ooze/cube or maybe a few others.

Not a lot of them, but a passage with some of them. I like the fact that this is a step away from the rail shooter type quests of late - it adds volume and exploration. It just needs a few small surprises as well to spice it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Thought this was a bit bland, but not bad. Looks great. Great map layout.

I'll echo that this map needs a few rares, oozes etc.
    I agree with both of these statements at the same time. It is an interesting and well laid out quest with a good concept. Nonetheless, in execution, I found it to be the most bland of them all, to the point of being nauseating. I think this has to do with the number of not very challenging mobs I had to face while soloing. It took FOREVER to kill them all, without really being a challenge, even on ehard. I suspect it would be more fun in a group with better CC than Drifiting Lotus. That being said, all thats needed to make this quest great is better scaling on solo. Substantially fewer but more challenging mobs would make solo play a lot more fun. Other than that, I like the quest and concept.

Community Member

Default Spelling Error

Spelling error/typo during the second battle for me (not sure if order is variable). This battle was the one where I got the crest of the bat. NPC states:

Aramiya Troise says, 'Or are ypu stupid enough to work for the guards?'

Someone hit the "p" instead of "o" and spelled you as "ypu".

Community Member

I really liked the quick travel option back to the shrine if you waited to use it. Very convenient and nice. Thank you for including this option!

Default EE: and bugged

Ran it on EE with a friend, and failed to protect the Southern elder, and the force field for the only bat crest never came down.

A few too many mobs and/or too many HPs.
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKoneko View Post
    Ran it on EE with a friend, and failed to protect the Southern elder, and the force field for the only bat crest never came down.
    That will be fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

Hero

Epic Elite:

159 monsters killed and not even Aggression bonus. Way too many mobs to kill. I don't want to find out what the thresholds are for Onslaught or Conquest.

49,572 XP awarded on adventure completion is far, far too low for the time it takes to complete this quest. That's with +80% first time elite difficulty and +20% elite bravery bonus. Also, the optionals are only worth 1265-1809 XP. Those feel like heroic, not epic XP rewards.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast