Community Member

Default Shiradi Whirling Wrist not giving the correct bonus

Has anyone else noticed that the Shiradi Whirling Wrist ability is not giving the correct bonus? With no other feats or sources of increased thrown weapon speed I am only getting a 10% bonus per tier of Whirling Wrist instead of the advertised 20% per tier.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the Shiradi Whirling Wrist ability is not giving the correct bonus? With no other feats or sources of increased thrown weapon speed I am only getting a 10% bonus per tier of Whirling Wrist instead of the advertised 20% per tier.
    At a guess this is something to do with Turbine insisting that "reload speed" is separate from attack speed, so almost every "speed increase" they talk about for ranged is actually about half what they say it is.

The Quiver and "ranged alacrity" gives something like 4.8% actual speed increase.

I'm curious can you count attacks per minute at each tier? and list what feats you have? I have a flavory caster that uses crafted throwers with red augment slots as casting sticks, was thinking of working over there and twisting that in (makes a pretty good finisher to save a little SP).

Community Member

Default The numbers

Without quick draw or rapid fire I threw 47 shurikens per minute. With tier 1 Whirling Wrist (WW) 52/min; tier 2 WW 57/min; and tier 3 WW 62/min.

The above numbers are averages of three measurements. No measurement varied by more than 1 from the average.

This was done on Lamannia not live . I would have posted in the Lamannia forums, but they are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
    Without quick draw or rapid fire I threw 47 shurikens per minute. With tier 1 Whirling Wrist (WW) 52/min; tier 2 WW 57/min; and tier 3 WW 62/min.

The above numbers are averages of three measurements. No measurement varied by more than 1 from the average.

This was done on Lamannia not live . I would have posted in the Lamannia forums, but they are closed.
    you know there's a strong possibility that turbine knew this and purposefully made it 60 so it would be a net 30. 60 is a bit obscene