Thread: Just got VIP

Community Member

Default Just got VIP

SO my bro and I who play together a few hours a night just got the VIP upgrade. We are both level 7 right now and for the most part we are doing pretty well as a duo going through elite and hard modes but occasionally we bite off more then we can chew . Anyone have a recomendation for a good adventure to go through? As a rogue I prefer to do non un dead ones lol but if we do I basically just wait for my bro to kill everything lol.

I want to find an adventure thats first of all alot of fun and has potential for some nice loot for noobs like us.

Community Member

The Phiarlan Carnival chain (in House Phiarlan) has no undead and lots of traps, also some named items. They're also not quite as linear as most quests, which may be fun or frustrating.

The Sentinels Of Stormreach quest arc is a level 7 quest chain. Pretty good XP and some decent (and some upgradeable) loot. At least one of the quests does involve some killing of undead though.

One question on that....why the avoidance of fighting undead? Get yourself a club or hammer of some kind for smashing skeletons and a sickle, short sword, or rapier for the fleshy undead. Weapons with a fire element to them, like "flaming" or "flaming burst", or a weapon with a Pure Good suffix, or Holy, work well at your level for most low-level undead. For wraiths, you'll want a Ghost Touch weapon. That will bypass the incorporeal undeads' 50% miss chance.

Undead aren't really that scary or tough at level 7. Give it a shot.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Oh theres no problem with fighting them just more fun to be able to seank attack things.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Here are five quests with lots of loot

These are five quests I run around three times, after that I get bored.

Tear of Dhakaan - in House Phiarlan - House K favor - lots of chests, so lots of loot. No undead!!! Is the loot great? Nope, but for a level 7 maybe it is. Both of you should hire a cleric or have your brother hire a cleric and you hire another tank. Some traps, but only if you do optionals.

Caverns of Khorromar - in House Kundarrak - House K favor. Quite a few chests. Lots and lots of undead. Lots and lots and lots. One locked chest.

Redwillow Ruins - in House J - House J favor - No Undead!!! Quite a few chests. One locked chest and one cave with traps.

Stormcleave - in House D - House D favor - Quite a few chests. One spot has undead blackboned skeletons, but it is optional. I do it anyway. Some locked chests.

Gwylan's Stand - in House P - House P favor - quite a few chests. quite a few traps. No Undead!!!!

I only run the chain once

For a chain, Tangleroot. Good loot? Not really.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Thanks alot!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

To add to other people's suggestions: Everyone runs Delera's eventually for VotM; plus if you ever plan to run a 2HF toon, you will want a Carnifex waiting for them in your shared bank. I've always liked 3BC, even the XP is kinda lousy, unfortunately; and they did add some new items last year which may be of interest to you & your bro (Sky Dagger, Assassin Blade, Brine Shaman's Staff).

I second Three-Barrel Cove, there are a lot of really interesting quests out there and the explore area is HUGE. If you're running a bravery streak the xp is solid as the quests are all pretty short, although several of them are puzzlers so you guys might want to look around for someone willing to show you how they work. Sorrowdusk Isle can also be a fun time--short quests, explore area, and some of the best mid-level end reward loot in the game, including what is flat out the best named mid-level melee robe right now. Both can be reached through the docks in House D just east of the Anvilfire Inn.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore