Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

Default Closed Beta / Enhancement Updates

Closed Beta will be launching at the end of this week (Lammania will close shortly to support that).

If you pre-ordered Shadowfell Conspiracy and registered your key in early to mid June, you can expect an email invitation soon. Invitations will continue for later rounds, with priority for VIPs.

Thank you for all the feedback during this enhancements preview! We will spend the Beta period focused on fixing bugs and improving the enhancement trees in general, but have two major changes already underway.

Favored Soul and Cleric: We will be replacing the "Protection" tree with a melee-focused "Warpriest" tree, likely in the first patch after expansion launch.

Sorcerer: Sorcerer will get a new, additional enhancements tree later in the year (likely U20).

I'll save the details for Vargouille or one of the other designers to dig into.

Warpriest sounds darned cool . . . can we haz moar details on the rest of the changes?

Will the Lama forums be restricted to Beta users only, like it was with MotU?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Closed Beta will be launching at the end of this week (Lammania will close shortly to support that).

If you pre-ordered Shadowfell Conspiracy and registered your key in early to mid June, you can expect an email invitation soon. Invitations will continue for later rounds, with priority for VIPs.

Thank you for all the feedback during this enhancements preview! We will spend the Beta period focused on fixing bugs and improving the enhancement trees in general, but have two major changes already underway.

Favored Soul and Cleric: We will be replacing the "Protection" tree with a melee-focused "Warpriest" tree, likely in the first patch after expansion launch.

Sorcerer: Sorcerer will get a new, additional enhancements tree later in the year (likely U20).

Very interesting. Thank you. I guess this is also an announcement that the new system WILL be going live with the expansion.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

NDA of enhancement previev will surely increase expansion sales...

Still sad there are not more racial PREs. I want a halfling assassin wizard, ******!

Hero

We've heard all this before with prestige enhancements that never materialized. Why should we believe you now? This seems very much like a "calm the masses until they mostly forget with other new stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    We've heard all this before with prestige enhancements that never materialized. Why should we believe you now? This seems very much like a "calm the masses until they mostly forget with other new stuff".
    Because he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he does something to lose it. Then it's torches-n-pitchforks time

It's looking like they can slap in new "PRE"s very easily now. I'm liking the potential we have here.

Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I wouldn't announce it if we didn't intend to build it.

The team wants to deliver this and I'm going to support them to do so.

Skepticism is healthy - in the end you can judge us on our delivery.

Community Member

Well, I'm still waiting for the following to be delivered, especially since multiclasses can use up to 6 trees, but I've yet to see any capstone to achieve anything close to what was stated here:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Ideally any capstone is at least as good as Evasion (if not better).

We understand some work may need to be done on individual abilities to achieve the proper balance.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Agreeing with Rest for the first time evar! I also want Racials fast tracked, this is ridiculous I have THREE YEAR OLD CHARACTERS that were designed with race PrE's at least somewhat in mind.

The race PrE's all already exist all you have to do is connect dwarf to Sacred derfender PrE, and increase the character level by a couple per tier. Tempest already exists: put a connector in the Drow racial tree to it and increase character level pre-requisits, Halfing: Assasin/Mechanic same deal, Elf is already set, Horc: frenzied. WF: bladesworn. Human and Helf can be worked out later due to high likelihood of busted combo's possible with their freedom of choice. but at least connect the ones that are no brainers.

Sig quote, thank you.

Hero

Fair enough. But for the sake of disclosure: You (Turbine branch of DDO, not you personally) have a extensive history of under delivering/over promising on things. I realize certain members Turbine and members of the community do not see things this way - but many, many of us here do.

Thanks for the update. I (skeptically) look forward to seeing what's in store.

2014 DDO Players Council

Please, NO! Can't you simply ADD a Warpriest Tree, without removing Protection?

My two cents on this is that you promised never to wipe ed xp on what I will give to you as heroic tr, the initial epic tr proposal violated this and you guys were planing on failing that delivery. The ep, I don't like, but would live with, this however is probably the biggest fail of a decision you've announced lately. (you being turbine) If you want to retain players you should really pass out some information about how you are not going to go thru with that horrible idea.

No personal offense intended... But Turbine does get judged on delivery... And so far Turbine isn't passing... Two years ago a melee FvS PrE was in the works and a teaser was posted. No one likes being teased for two years:

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    This is some of the early work I had done for this one (very subject to change):

Favored Soul Divine Avenger I (Sovereign Host)
    Prereqs:
    Level 6 Favored Soul, Favored by the Sovereign Host, Favored Soul Attack Boost II, Favored Soul Charisma I, and any of the following: Power Attack or Two Weapon Fighting.
    Cost: 4 AP
    Benefit: Everything the gods need to say to your enemies can be said with your weapon. When wielding a longsword in your right hand you are treated as if you have a fighter’s base attack bonus. You also gain the ability to swear an oath of enmity against a foe, vowing to destroy them in the name of your deity.
    Oath of Enmity
    Benefit:
    You mark an opponent as your chosen foe with a righteous smite. This attack gains twice your Charisma modifier to your attack roll and a damage bonus based on your Favored Soul level. Whether or not the attack hits, for the next five minutes, each time you critically hit your chosen enemy <SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENS - oath mechanics are still very much in development, and this is just a hint> for a short period of time. (This bonus stacks up to ten times.) Your Oath of Enmity recharges after five minutes, or upon the death of your chosen foe.

Repeat for other deities, replacing "favored by" as appropriate.

Lord of Blades accepts any of the following: Improved Fortification, Power Attack, or Two Handed Fighting.

Silver Flame accepts any of the following: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, or Zen Archery, and instead of a melee smite as their Oath, gets a ranged attack, and their Oath mechanic was a little bit different (and wasn't working properly at all ).
    Granted this was a developer and not a producer, so I'm hoping your words have more weight... But honestly Turbine's history on "delivery" for things that are coming "soon" is pretty poor... No offense intended to any individuals, but overall I think of Turbine as an old fashioned ice cream truck. Lots of noise and hype before it arrives, but then it sometimes turns the other way and never makes it to you, or it arrives and everything is melted... But on some days damn that ice cream sandwich just hits the spot so each time you hear it you wait out your fate.

I really love the concept of DDO and the game, but I hate all the "soon" and half-baked stuff... I can haz ice cream sandwich?
    Last edited by darksol23; 07-09-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Great news all around. Though I don't expect the enhancements to be perfect or perfectly balanced on release; it will be nice to see enhancement forward progress after the ~2 year stagnation we've had recently while the devs prep the new system and repair the old system. At least your limited resources can focus on one enhancement system going forward.

On the WarPriest front. Same tree for FVS/Cleric or any chance for War Priest/Divine Avenger. I'm not expecting them to be radically different... kind of how there's a few thematic differences between Paladin and Fighter Defenders. Also include this tier5 enh: ANGELIC CONVERSION: (3 tiers) Each confirmed critical adds an Angelic Benevolence counter. At 10 counters a mass cure (light/med/serious depending on tier with a 5% chance of a mass heal) wounds is cast centered on the FVS. A stronger than cleric aura but it only goes off based on FVS attack frequency.

I see the big prizes for arting up the new assassin face (US only). Make sure to have some (international) prizes/contest of TP for those participating in Lama Beta bug finding/constructive input/etc. Some random/some most "informative" bugs/surveys filed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

as much as I would like to preview the enhancements, im still not buying the expansion until maybe after release. I don't like the idea of buying something without checking it out first. a few screenies and what people say with their personal experiences over at Lamma isn't good enough. ill have to do what checking out I can do when it hits live I guess.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Why remove player choice?

You've done the work already, so why not just leave Protection as it is?

Sure it means that Clerics will have up to 4 trees to choose from, but so what, if it encourages more clerics then that can't be a bad thing for most parties.

I'd like to think that there will be additional trees added in the coming years that will add even more diversity and build options, so why not stick two fingers up to the naysayers and start clerics off with 4 trees from the word go?

And if you can delivery racial prestige trees similiar to half-elves and elves with their Arcane Archer option, then you'll be delivering on an early expectation that hasn't had enough coverage recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

You've done the work already, so why not just leave Protection as it is?
    Because no sane person would chose it, it would take up memory on the download servers, it would take up memory on the clients. It's so bad that even if it only takes up 1 kb that it's a waste.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast