Community Member

Default suggestion about minimum points spent in a tree...

lower the 30 requisite to 25, and the 40 requisite to 30

or

the points put into racial tree counts for every class tree...

i checked two class trees and found class abilities i could sacrifice in order to get some racial abilities
    but i couldnt take out points from class trees cause that way i wouldnt reach 30+

leaving me with no points to buy 1 or 2 racial abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    lower the 30 requisite to 25, and the 40 requisite to 30

or

the points put into racial tree counts for every class tree...

i checked two class trees and found class abilities i could sacrifice in order to get some racial abilities
    but i couldnt take out points from class trees cause that way i wouldnt reach 30+

leaving me with no points to buy 1 or 2 racial abilities...
    I 100% agree that the racial tree is a huge issue right now. It doesn't contribute to the "points spent in tree" prerequisite in any class trees and also doesn't help spellpower from class tress for the same reason. It's almost like the class trees are a trap set up to see who's gullible enough to spend points there.

The racial tree has built in penalties already for these two reasons. Racial tree points counting for all other trees may tilt the balance a bit too far in the other direction though, making racial enhancements an easy route to higher tiers in class trees.

Personally, I think the best approach is to make both class and racial AP completely separate, much how an arty pet gets it's own AP to spend. Give out a separate pool of AP just for class enhancements so there is no friction or conflict between racial and class trees. Racial AP doesn't "take" from what you'd spend in the class trees and has no negative effect on any spellpower gained as you're not sacrificing anything from the class tree for your racial enhancements. This may mean making the race trees a bit more "filled out" with a few more enhancements in order to make the decisions a bit more like actual choices, but it could solve more problems in the process.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Give out a separate pool of AP just for race enhancements.
    Very good idea, so we won't feel to sacrifice anything. /signed