Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    I´m the same kind of player... you don´t happen to play on G-land, do you?
    I am similar as well, and I am on G-land. Time zone EST. On most evenings. I can usually do 30-60 minutes at a time, then may have to attend to other business for 15-20 minutes, then back for another hour. Etc. Pretty random, which is another reason I solo a lot.

[Begin rambling story]
    Got in a marathon run last Saturday that really taxed me. lol
    I decided to run with my guild leader and an officer (his gf) as they had TR'd again and were at L7. I had been wanting to try a battle cleric (as I otherwise always play melee based builds) so this was my first "divine". I warned them I had never played a cleric before and they were cool with that. So we did my all time least favorite quest chain - Carnival. We were joined by a druid who loved the chain. lol

Anyway, we ran the whole chain with me loathing every minute of it (except it was nice to get the favor on a chain I normally skip entirely) and the other 3 players knew the quests well enough so I just merrily followed along. Then we did a random quest or two, then headed over to run the Necro chain. At this point the group fills up and it becomes a race to the end with the party splitting up 2-3 different directions. This cleric I'm on only has 10% striders, and using clickies just slows me down although expeditious retreat is worthwhile. So I am racing all over trying to keep up with looting chests, tossing occasional heals (which weren't really needed as it seemed everyone was pretty self-sufficient and multple TR's). Anyway I had been soloing a little before I started grouping so I have now been sitting in game for like 6 hours straight with no break. lol

After the Necro chain they all ran off to run some more quests but I was drained. I had to drop out, take a bio brealk and grab some grub. lol

/endoflongofftopicramblingstory

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    The suggestion to remove scaling on Heroic Elite, is a good one, imo.
    90% puggers die or don't contribute with current scaling, there is almost no way to survive some elite traps with full scaling.
    Trappers can't get traps, divines are not willing to join unknown pugs NOW.
    Folks that don't want to group much or wait would do so even less, or drop to hard streak. Or get trapping skills on every toon for heroics.
    What is your idea for DDO ? Log in, then wait for 20 mins to start anything ? Because you don't have perfect party ?

I don't believe making all content (i.e., raids) soloable is a good idea, at all. It would only be another element of devolvement of this game into a single person, non-mmo. MMOs, imo, are meant for parties and should not cater to soloists.

I believe the contrary. All mechanics which inhibit solo play should be removed. "MMO" is losing its original meaning. More and more games are going online. Neverwinter did. Skyrim will be online. Game developers would be wise to make sure their product caters to people who solo. It will simply frustrate someone who buys an action pack, enters and dungeon, then has to recall simply because he/she cannot stand in four place at the same time.

This only serves to annoy people and drive off customers. The option to group is there. People who want to group will. People who don't want to, yet feel forced to group, will leave. It's not rocket surgery folks. I want as many people playing and paying as possible. There are no better games out there right now than DDO & it can thrive just fine if a million people play, pay and never group. It can also die if one hundred people who always group are the only ones on.

Lots of grouping or lack of grouping in and of itself does not indicate a thriving or dying game. In a solo friendly game it might just mean people don't wish to group. I'm sure Turbine is fine with that as long as they're paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    I believe the contrary. All mechanics which inhibit solo play should be removed. "MMO" is losing its original meaning. More and more games are going online. Neverwinter did. Skyrim will be online. Game developers would be wise to make sure their product caters to people who solo. It will simply frustrate someone who buys an action pack, enters and dungeon, then has to recall simply because he/she cannot stand in four place at the same time.

This only serves to annoy people and drive off customers. The option to group is there. People who want to group will. People who don't want to, yet feel forced to group, will leave. It's not rocket surgery folks. I want as many people playing and paying as possible. There are no better games out there right now than DDO & it can thrive just fine if a million people play, pay and never group. It can also die if one hundred people who always group are the only ones on.

Lots of grouping or lack of grouping in and of itself does not indicate a thriving or dying game. In a solo friendly game it might just mean people don't wish to group. I'm sure Turbine is fine with that as long as they're paying.
    The problem isnt people who solo -vs- people who group. Turbine found a good way to handle that, until....

....people who solo started posting that they were entitled to the same benefits (namely Xp / minute) as the people who group. They want to be able to solo Running With the Devils, on elite, on their first run, with no chance of failure. Then Crucible was...well....Crucibled® - to make it easier for first time soloers.

If people stuck with the N/H/E program there would be no issue with soloers -vs- party players in DDO. The soloers didnt stay in their lane however, and due to their entitlement based feedback over the years, the game got dumbed down to where its a liability for the Xp/min crowd to take other players along for the ride.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If people stuck with the N/H/E program there would be no issue with soloers -vs- party players in DDO. The soloers didnt stay in their lane however, and due to their entitlement based feedback over the years, the game got dumbed down to where its a liability for the Xp/min crowd to take other players along for the ride.
    The unfortunate thing about the N/H/E deal is that favor is based on which difficulty a dungeon is run. A player who plays hard with or without a group still plays hard.

In groups, pikers in elite dungeons get better rewards than people who solo on normal.

Go figure.

Community Member

I've only been playing about two months, and not sure I have any fixes, just observations. So with the risk of being flamed:

I prefer playing in groups. The static group I play with, and the guild I play with have been great. My hats off to those players. Knowing I'm new they have been patient, helpful, and the reason I have spent money buying adventure packs. If it hadn't been for them I would have quit the game before spending a dime.

I have several problems with the pugs and don't know if they are fixable. I play for fun, not interested in most xp, leveling quickly, or quickest time.

Finding groups that match my experience is one of my bigger problems. I have never been in a pug where we had to figure anything out or were taken by surprise. There is always someone in the group that knows the quest or just solves the problem before I know there was a problem to be solved. I don't blame them, I assume they know the quest and are watching out for the group. Most times I solo it is just to learn the quest. Maybe having a newbie box or experience box on the LFM would be helpful, like the classes wanted.

I also find some groups lack communication or even stick together. I don't know if this is a leader problem, or grouping problem. But I have entered quests where players go off on their own, with seemingly no cooperative play. More like several people doing the same quest as opposed to a group doing it together.

One of the problems on my end is time. it seems a lot of the quests are chained and it is difficult to find pugs that can start a chain on short notice. I joined a pug that didn't want to start a chain until the group had certain classes. Ended up waiting so long most people left before the quests started. Not sure it is workable, but maybe if the chained quests were more like Korthos where you needed to do several quests, in order before you could move to the final quest would be helpful.

Despite the seeming issues, I like grouping. Many of the PUGs I have played with have been good and most of the players I have met have been great. No question there are jerks out there. I just let them be and leave the group. It would be nice to see changes that could make grouping easier, or should I say more to my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Inthuul View Post
    Starting this thread to attempt to collect ideas for Turbine to encourage grouping. With the ultimate goal of increasing the amount of LFMs available to players.

Megaserver all players are moved to one server. Anyone with a technological background, feel free to comment on this idea.
    Instanced LFMs that are cross server.
    Sol(insert relevant suffix based on character type here)
    Sarlona
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    See even if we dont merge servers lets say. I dont see why grouping can't use 2-3 other servers. So you pick one of the highest and 2 of the smaller ones etc to pool from.
    +1

This should be a high priority for Turbine. There isn't any reason I shouldn't be able to play with all available players.
    I run PUGs all the time with 1-3 others or hirelings because I can't fill groups; especially pay-to-play content.

Aeromach - Thelanis Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    That's why the system needs to be modified for the people with less past lives and less available time so that they can be rewarded with more XP when grouping since they completed dungeons slower (or prefer to run slowly) and needs a group due to the lack of equipment and/or lack of skills.
    So you plan to empower people who lack the gear or skill level to make it through a dungeon at a reasonable pace is to offer a large XP bonus for grouping? And in doing so, reward people who are able and interested in soloing the entire thing, even with full party scaling, for hitting that LFM and then simply running off and soloing it anyways. Granted, this rarely happens already, with people wanting some kind of ego trip from 'showing off'. But if this behavior is rewarded by game mechanics then it will become much more common, and most people do not enjoy such wildly different cross play styles.

The entire "LFM needs a reward" theme really is a problem of cross play styles. The people who like to PUG are finding that there are not enough people who play the way that they do to find quick groups. So they want those who are perfectly happy with the way that things are to be forced to form groups the way that they do, and they want them to play with their play style. Should an XP bonus for using the LFM system ever actually be implemented they would be right back on the forums again, whining about how other people's choice of play style is ruining the game for them.

The only real penalty to solo are the handful of quests that require 2 real bodies to complete.

The suggestion to remove scaling on Heroic Elite, is a good one, imo. It originally was that way as I recall and it was supposed to stay that way. Wasn't it a bug that there was elite scaling and just left that way? I can't recall right now. If you are good enough to solo Elite content bravo; otherwise, that should be an extreme challenge to do solo, except for the very best players. Elite should mean you pause before clicking it - that deep breath before the plunge.
    Elite already has very little scaling, relative to Hard. I think that removing Elite dungeon scaling would be a very good idea. The only difference that most people would see would be a slight raise in monster HP, and trap and spell damage. Those who find it a cake walk still would, but those who were on the fence between getting one-shot by Disintigrates would probably drop down to Hard.

I don't believe making all content (i.e., raids) soloable is a good idea, at all. It would only be another element of devolvement of this game into a single person, non-mmo. MMOs, imo, are meant for parties and should not cater to soloists.
    I am not sure where you get the idea that anyone wants raids to be scaled to be soloable. I have never seen any indication of that, aside from a couple of out-of-touch individuals. Many raids ~are~ soloable, but this is just a byproduct of power creep and not something that was designed for in any way.

Quests, especially those required for flagging, absolutely should be made soloable. There are a lot of quests that simply do not get run, so if new players want to see the content they typically will have to do so on their own. Locking quest content behind party locks is fun when the quest is new and everyone is eager to run it, and frustrating as soon as it moves into 'old news' phase.
    Last edited by ForumAccess; 07-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    So you plan to empower people who lack the gear or skill level to make it through a dungeon at a reasonable pace is to offer a large XP bonus for grouping? And in doing so, reward people who are able and interested in soloing the entire thing, even with full party scaling, for hitting that LFM and then simply running off and soloing it anyways. Granted, this rarely happens already, with people wanting some kind of ego trip from 'showing off'. But if this behavior is rewarded by game mechanics then it will become much more common, and most people do not enjoy such wildly different cross play styles.
    Then those people that won't go with the group will get booted by the party leader. What's the problem there?

The entire "LFM needs a reward" theme really is a problem of cross play styles. The people who like to PUG are finding that there are not enough people who play the way that they do to find quick groups. So they want those who are perfectly happy with the way that things are to be forced to form groups the way that they do, and they want them to play with their play style. Should an XP bonus for using the LFM system ever actually be implemented they would be right back on the forums again, whining about how other people's choice of play style is ruining the game for them.
    Its optional to group. If people want group XP bonus they can PUG, if not, they can still solo without the party bonus.

Elite already has very little scaling, relative to Hard. I think that removing Elite dungeon scaling would be a very good idea.
    Yeah, elite should have no scaling.

I am not sure where you get the idea that anyone wants raids to be scaled to be soloable.
    I have read on the channels that there are some minority people that wanted raids to be solo'able. With so much power in EDs and Epic (power creep) gears I guess its very possible now for older raids.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

I would be open to the proposed idea of remove scaling on elite. Quests being more difficult should encourage people to want to group up (and I like difficult quests). However, if they do this they should also remove the streak system (just increase the 1st time bonus to compensate, perhaps). This way if you're playing at an off-time and groups are hard to fill, or you want to solo and can't handle elite without scaling, one could run quests on hard without worrying about breaking your streak.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin
    Grolyn Stoutheart, Divine Disciple Cleric
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler

If cross-server pugging isn't doable, and a server merger is out of the question for appearances' sake, how about this:

A server reorganization?

Add notes or designations, ie:
    •Wayfinder - New players (default choice) pug server - Learning & Mentoring.
    •Thelanis - TR/Heroic pug server - Balanced party/full quest exploration.
    •Cannith - TR/Heroic pug server - Zerg/speed questing.
    •Sarlona - Epic pug server - Balanced party/ full quest exploration.
    •Argonnessen - Epic pug server - Zerg/speed questing.
    •Khyber - TR/Heroic solo & private party server.
    •Ghallanda - Epic solo & private party server.

I realize that I left Orien off the list, and the names were effectively "picked from a hat," no real purpose for which names I chose, I just needed some server names.

The point is sort of a "birds of a feather flock together" mentality. I'm thinking if we could somehow funnel people of similar playstyles to congregate on the same server - after "graduating" from the new player server - it could help alleviate some/a lot of the "I don't like it when (X) kind of player joins my group," issues. As some quests and most raids require some level of grouping, those on the solo/private party servers would have the option to pug up spot fillers as a last resort if needed, and be fairly assured that they're getting someone of a similar mindset. People who prefer heroic content would be in one place, as would epic/end gamers. People who want balanced parties would be with others who want the same, flower sniffers & zergers would be out of eachother's way, etc...

To facilitate this, I'm thinking all Turbine would really have to do is the following:
    •Add the recommended play-style commentary to server descriptions.
    •On Wayfinder, you can earn (perhaps by reaching current level cap?) a once per account free character transefer to the server that best suits your playstyle/interest.
    •VIPs could receive a (once per (X) time frame) character transfer as a membership perk.
    •Everybody would need a one-time free transefer at the time of the reorganization.

What do all y'all think? Plausible? Ludicrous? Wouldn't solve anything or maybe has potential?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

I am not sure where you get the idea that anyone wants raids to be scaled to be soloable. I have never seen any indication of that, aside from a couple of out-of-touch individuals. Many raids ~are~ soloable, but this is just a byproduct of power creep and not something that was designed for in any way.
    I was responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    ... make all content solo friendly.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People have a tendancy not to want to do things with strangers ... I suspect those who do are the fringe feaky type people.
    Huh? MMOs are designed to put you in play with strangers. Tell, how well do many really know their guild mates? Certainly other MMOs don't appear to have the "playing with strangers" fear you are inferring. The only freaky thing about playing an MMO is the thought you won't have to interact with complete strangers. Geez, forget the entire game, the whole internet is about interacting with strangers. What would be freaky is someone who does not understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    What is your idea for DDO ? Log in, then wait for 20 mins to start anything ? Because you don't have perfect party ?
    How did it go from incentives to group to waiting for the perfect party? I don't wait, I will take the first 5 of all stripes for my play style. But, if someone wants to wait for a healer, or trapper, or DPS, then that is their perogative. Just as is soloing. Again, more incetnives to group is what an MMO is about. Which gets to:

I disagree. What about the people driven off because of a lack of groups and greater incentive to solo than group? Soloers are also only 1 play style. Driving people to solo rather than group is a cause of a lack of player retention more than a good thing for an MMO, imo. PnP D&D was about getting together with others and having an adventure. The MMO was designed to bring you together to share the adventure with others - not play by yourself to avoid dealing with social anxieties or a fear of strangers.

The people who like to PUG are finding that there are not enough people who play the way that they do to find quick groups. So they want those who are perfectly happy with the way that things are to be forced to form groups the way that they do, and they want them to play with their play style.
    Nah. I want an MMO to encourage grouping, which, imo, is the purpose of an MMO. If DDO decides to franchise a version of the game and make it a single player game or console game, great. I am not saying people can't or shouldn't solo if they want. Go right ahead. As an MMO, though, I think the incentive to group should be greater than the incentive to solo.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Cannith and Argo would be flooded with players and every other server would be like Wayfinder. exaggerated? maybe but that's the impression of preferred play styles in todays DDO.

the problem with getting players on a server with similar play styles is that same play styles can still differ. ill use myself as an example. when i solo, if im in a quest i know well and know my character shouldn't have problems with damage taken from mobs, i will zerg. i still play that quest like i do with every other quest. i will get that 100xp optional. get every breakable, trap and kill every mob for max xp, but i can still zerg and do that. so theres zerging for xp/min and theres zerging for max xp because the quest isn't too challenging. i could still fall under Cannith and Argo, but i rarely come across players with the same play style as me.

Community Member

A few suggestions:

• Remove all scaling (there's already multiple difficulties to choose from)
    • Allow favor gains to stack each run up to the Elite value
    • Lower/remove Bravery Bonuses - this plus favor gains above should limit the 'need' people feel to always always run everything on elite
    • Raise general XP for hard/elite so people still have incentive to run it without feeling forced to every time just to maintain bb streak
    • Continue the trend of separate loot for each difficulty - again still incentive to run hard/elite but not forced and you could always come back to do it later
    • Change all xp pots & similar items to be 'x number of uses' instead of time limited - if a pot gave 50 'charges' of its bonus usable over 50 quests but with no time limit people would feel less rushed and less discouraged from grouping with slower moving pugs
    • Add a minor xp bonus for each real party member (hires don't count)

Hopefully these would encourage grouping without making it onerous.

I want an MMO to encourage grouping, which, imo, is the purpose of an MMO. If DDO decides to franchise a version of the game and make it a single player game or console game, great. I am not saying people can't or shouldn't solo if they want. Go right ahead. As an MMO, though, I think the incentive to group should be greater than the incentive to solo.
    This is an interesting predicament though. With the divide of “soloer” versus “groupers” you affect many play styles. Either of the two can be hardcore, casual, zerger, or sniffer. If you eliminate the reward for a soloer, you are alienating more than the “elitist jerks”.

While there may need to be something done, I do not think it should cost losing more people. If people are told that they must group to get the “same reward” as the groupers, I think they would walk. Not all soloers hate puggers. They have rl going on around them, have a disability or any other number of reasons why they do not want to be bothered. People can say they should not play an MMO is they are going to be antisocial, but again, can we afford lose more people?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    [...]

While there may need to be something done, I do not think it should cost losing more people. If people are told that they must group to get the “same reward” as the groupers, I think they would walk. Not all soloers hate puggers. They have rl going on around them, have a disability or any other number of reasons why they do not want to be bothered. People can say they should not play an MMO is they are going to be antisocial, but again, can we afford lose more people?
    Soloer would quit because they don't get the same grouping XP bonus? ... They really want to have the easy cake and eat it too, eh?

P.S. I am not saying myself don't solo, which I do sometimes; and I find grouping more fun. BTW, I won't quit if they increase grouping XP bonus and change XP pots to be X users/pot instead of 3 hours or 6 hours time limit.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 07-10-2013 at 06:36 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Huh? MMOs are designed to put you in play with strangers.
    Read my first post. Times change, the nature of MMOs will change too. As more games go online, the novelty will wear off. People want to play good video games, but many don’t/won’t want to play with strangers.

What about the people driven off because of a lack of groups and greater incentive to solo than group? Soloers are also only 1 play style. Driving people to solo rather than group is a cause of a lack of player retention more than a good thing for an MMO, imo. PnP D&D was about getting together with others and having an adventure.
    People might be driven off because of lack of groups. People who like to group should take it upon themselves to make sure they put up lots of LFM’s, make friends, etc. Don’t go asking the game maker to make people play with you. DDO makes it quite easy to group. I do it myself very often.

People choose to solo or group and it looks like a lot of the people saying they are soloing are doing it more out of play style incompatibility than anything else. You say people soloing causes a lack of player retention. I believe this could be true to some extent but how many people would leave if they couldn’t solo? Turbine put dungeon scaling in for a reason. I’d bet they know how many people solo vs. group & probably have some good stats guiding their decisions.

PnP D&D was about getting together with others, sure. Then they invented computerized Dungeon Masters so they didn’t HAVE to get a group together.

The typical social norm is to generally NOT do things with strangers. This is not out of fear, this is how most social activities are handled in society. Like I said, people tend to go to dinner, have parties, go to the movies, etc. with people they know, not complete strangers. I simply think that as MMO’s progress, game makers will realize this is how people are and they will adjust accordingly.

That being said, I’m pretty much on board with removing incentives NOT to group. I don’t think the 10% xp penalty helps the grouping scene. I also have some doubts about the effects of the bravery streak. I’d even support all the servers “merging” somehow so people can group easily. Even though I believe people like to do things with people they know rather than with strangers, you do have to get to know people in the first place too, right? Yes, even if you go to a party with your buddies, you might want to meet some new people there & perhaps expand your friend list.

I don’t, however, believe you should have to step on four pads all at once or pull four levers, etc. to get through a dungeon. That’s just asinine, as is making scaling so extreme that people couldn’t possibly survive without help. I know people who won’t play these games because of this perception. I’d rather have them on and paying than sitting around beating their old Dungeon Siege game to death.

The purpose of an MMO is to make money, not “encourage grouping”, no matter what you think.

The purpose of an MMO is to make money...
    Really!?... and here I thought they were run by not-for-profit charity foundations...
    /sarcasm off

So your basic premise is that MMOs are dropping the "massively multiplayer" and simply moving to "online game." Yah, I actually see that. Obviously it makes the most (financial) sense to appeal to the largest audience possible. While that would ideally mean an equal appeal to soloers and groupers alike, it comes at a cost when done retroactively.

Check the quest descriptions at the entry points. Most say what type of party they're (originally) intended for, often including a recommendation for the dreaded "balanced party." "Solo" used to be it's own difficulty designation, where "casual" is now; that's because they were designed to be run by groups and had to be simplified for the soloist. Soloing Elite was an accomplishment rather than a given. That should tell you the originally intended target audience of the game, ie "groupers." Yes, time has passed. Obviously, Turbine saw a financial motivation for retooling the game to suit soloists, but in doing so has also obviously made the game less appealing to groupers.

Had Turbine started out with the "appeal to both" approach, many of these complaints about changes to suit soloists wouldn't exist. Instead, Turbine had to alter it's game so instead of appealing to both equally, they're alienating some to appeal to others; the net effect of which doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly popular.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 07-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

You want to increase groups? Make it a bannable offence for guys to comment on the fact when they hear a female voice. 50% of the population of the world will love you for it.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

Community Member

Allright my idea won't be a way to encourage grouping but more a picture of what's going on and the lack of respect from the player base. I will use a WoW comparaison so that maybe more people will understand the point I want to bring.

In WoW there is a minimum "ilvl" needed to enter certain heroics dungeons/raids which creates a barrier for people that won't contribute enought to be worth a spot. Even a worst problem in DDO because of the scaling. Also in DDO, there are no such barriers and people are free to join whatever they want without providing any proof of what they can really bring.

So the respect starts here: When someone posts a LFM for the highest difficulty (elite), wouldn't it be good to at least know what you're getting into? Like have done it before on normal/hard?

I still do open all my LFM with just "Elite" or nothing at all so that enveryone feels free to join but I am starting to feel cheated by new players or simply players trying to run stuff above their skills/gears level. It's not even that this ends up as failure, it's just... I'm getting tired of it and that's maybe because I personally wouldn't join something unless I know what i am getting into.

I've seen a couple of people expressing this point of view, maybe being targetted as elitism while this is not the case at all. Do I jump in a normal group and start zerging till the end just to screw the group's fun? I don't. Why is the other way ok? So with all that in mind, there is no way people will stop joining those elite groups because they want more exp or to get carried (or whatever the reasons).

It is in fact the players that are the cause of the problem and I don't see any way Turbine can fix that withtout giving us the right to be mean and boot someone whenever we want (even in quest). Then that wouldn't really change anything.

Player have to realize what they are worth, what they can achieve and then play within their "field". At least when it comes to playing with strangers (PUGs).

Because even a PUG is composed of... YEP! Humans.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 07-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast