We're pleased to announce a brand new contest for players of Dungeons & Dragons Online; the DDO "Shadar Kai Tattoo Design Contest"!
DDO fans, it's time to show us your artistic and creative skills: we’re giving you the opportunity to submit your very own design for a facial tattoo which could be taken and implemented into the game as a character creation appearance option for the new Shadar Kai Iconics in the Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion.
Below you can find the design template to use when creating your unique design. Please note, you only need to complete the design box to complete a successful entry. The character portrait angles are there for additional details on how your design would layout on the face, if you wish to provide that, to help our judges understand your vision!
Click here to download the official design template!
Our panel of judges includes DDO developers and members of the Wizards of the Coast team, such as:
- Erik “Glin” Boyer, Senior DDO Producer
- Dan Haard, DDO Lead Artist
- Dan Gelon, Senior Art Director at Wizards of the Coast
- Jon Schindehette, Senior Creative Director at Wizards of the Coast
The valid areas of customization on the character’s face include:
- Forehead below the hairline
- Eye and nose region, excluding the eyeball
- Chin region above the neck, excluding the lips
- Cheek area forward of the ears
- Color of the design (must be a single color, and 100% opaque)
For some inspiration to guide your creations, please see some of the existing Shadar Kai designs currently planned for Shadowfell Conspiracy.
In addition to having your tattoo design immortalized in the live game, the winning entry will also receive a Shadowfell Conspiracy skinned ORIGIN 800D PC (valued at $3,888.74), a Lifetime subscription to DDO, and a unique community forum title of “Master of Pain”. Two runners up will also be awarded a Lifetime subscription to DDO and community forum title of “Acolyte of Pain”.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your designs!
Terms & Conditions:
- This contest is open to all legal U.S. residents age 18 or older.
- To enter, upload your completed design template with your tattoo design to our official Shadar Kai Design Contest page. You may instead email the completed design template with your tattoo design to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Turbine, Inc., Attn: DDO Tattoo Design Contest, 117 Kendrick Street, Suite #300, Needham, Massachusetts 02494. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than July 19th, 2013.
- Submissions must be original creations. Any designs that are found to be copies or recreations of existing designs (related to Dungeons & Dragons or otherwise) will not be considered in the final judging.
- This contest begins on Tuesday July 9th, 2013 at 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) July 22nd, 2013.
- Turbine reserves the right to make minor modifications to the winning submissions as necessary for final implementation in the game.
- The names of the winning contestants and the winning submissions will be announced on the official DDO website at ddo.com by August 10th, 2013.
- All winners will be required to execute an Assignment and Release to be provided by Turbine. The signed release must be returned to Turbine by August 8th, 2013.
- Entries may be spotlighted on official DDO social media channels. Being featured on the social media channels or DDO websites prior to August 10th, 2013 does not constitute a winning entry for the contest.
- Participants and visitors may show support for their favorite entries during the contest via the official Shadar Kai Design Contest page, social media, or the DDO community websites. Popularity of a submission via social media and/or website discussions does not constitute a winning entry for the contest.
Participation in the contest constitutes players' full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules and terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, each player grants Turbine, Inc. a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works of, publicly display and otherwise use, in its sole discretion, any entry in any and all media for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, incorporation into future Turbine, Inc. products or services and the advertisement and/or promotion of Turbine, Inc. products or services. Turbine, Inc. shall have no liability for any alleged or actual infringement of a third party's rights in connection with any entry.
Turbine, Inc. may assign, transfer or sublicense this license without notice. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to edit entries as necessary in its sole discretion.
Turbine, Inc. is not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, or for any computer, online or technical malfunctions that may occur.
Entries that are not in full compliance with the terms and conditions are void. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any player who, in Turbine, Inc.'s sole discretion, has circumvented or attempted to circumvent these terms and conditions and to render void any subsequent entry by such player. Turbine, Inc. further reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time without notice. Turbine, Inc. is not required in any way to use any entries in The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM, Dungeons & Dragons OnlineTM or Asheron's Call® or any other products or services. Employees of Turbine, Inc., its licensors, distributors and agencies are excluded from participation. Prizes, if any, are not redeemable for cash. In the event that prizes are unavailable at the time they are awarded, Turbine, Inc. may substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value. Lost or stolen prizes cannot be replaced. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winning players.
By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Each player further agrees to release and hold harmless Turbine, Inc. and its licensors, distributors, agents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with their participation in the contest, including, not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.