Default running out of time to beta

as time runs down im just curious to know when will closed beta begin I am kinda sad I know its not as big persay as motu was but it drops in 40 days
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    as time runs down im just curious to know when will closed beta begin I am kinda sad I know its not as big persay as motu was but it drops in 40 days
    iirc, the closed beta announcement for MOTU came the week or two after the final cut off date for the closed beta. I would be surprised if we didnt have an idea of he beta by the end of this week.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

With motu we had over 2 month of beta and its been over a month since guaranteed closed beta was cut off I just want to play shader Kai
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    With motu we had over 2 month of beta and its been over a month since guaranteed closed beta was cut off I just want to play shader Kai
    Yeah i've been wondering the same thing. With very little time i wonder if whatever bugs we find will be fixed. So turbine can we please get an answer on this.

MOTU also had a hell of a lot more to beta than this expansion does.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    Yeah i've been wondering the same thing. With very little time i wonder if whatever bugs we find will be fixed. So turbine can we please get an answer on this.
    With a very large amount of time in beta, the bugs in the MotU quests still went live and took several more months to fix. Even if it went up tomorrow, it is doubtful that any quest related bugs that are reported on Lamannia will be fixed when it goes live, but instead would show up in patches once they have completed the testing cycle. This doesn't really have so much to do with Turbine's development practices, it just takes time for bug fixes to propagate.

With only about 1 month until the second expansion, and the half-finished state of many classes in the Enhancement Trees, there seems to be extremely little chance that it will go live on schedule smoothly. Hoping for playable seems iffy.

Hero

I am amazed that people still fall for the term "Beta" with Turbine.

It's a preview server. It is a marketing tool not a development tool. Always has been, always will be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

It's a preview server. It is a marketing tool not a development tool. Always has been, always will be.
    Exactly. All of the 'beta' testing has already been done on mournlands.

Lam is simply a tool they use to try to convince you to pre-purchase the expansion.

It will be closed soon, I'm sure - re-open with the 'closed beta'. But they don't actually need us for testing, they just want to sell more expansion packs and this lam server is part of the incentive.

Kinda bites - I'd like to go take a look at the new stuff, re-assure some of my guildies that they're not gonna get boned...

But there's no way I'm buying the beta prepurchase when it'll prob be 50% off within 6 months.

Not after last time. Fool me once.... shame on you... fool me twice... shame on ME.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

LOL:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...40#post5037540

"seek, by asking, and yee shall, find, by having someone else go to the Lam forum and find a freshly posted answer to your question"

I think that's how that saying goes right?

Anyway kinda of amazeballs timing innit?

Community Member

I ordered the beta after the cut-off date. Hopefully they will let some of us that purchased the expansion late participate. If not, it's not big deal - i knew the purchase date requirement.

"order now and get guaranteed accsess to the beta" undersark is STILL in beta and i did order it just didnt think beta would be soo long

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I seem to recall somewhere in the announcement they were going to invite those who purchased in early to mid june first (which is interesting, wasn't the advertised cut off date June 4? I bet people who decided on June 5 it was too late might be annoyed.)

I also recall from memory they said they'd be calling more people for later rounds, mentioning VIPs...

All I know is, I've got limited money. I may buy the expansion and legendary and points, and kill off my VIP for a year so the money evens itself out (more or less) for me. From my perspective, if they decided to show me all their new beta goodies it might make me even more motivated to go ahead and purchase and do so sooner. But that's just me and I never go with the herd so maybe they are indeed acting in their own best interest to market to the masses especially those with tons of disposable income.

If the legendary (for the hireling) were at a much lower price Id've bought it already. $40 (or $90) matters to me right now. I wish I were back in the day when I could pop off a hundred bucks and not blink an eye.