Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Happy go lucky Thelanis guild looking for characters

Long established friendly small(17) happy go lucky non serious guild looking to expand.
    The FRAG on Thelanis, level 75. British based guild so play GMT. We have and are happy to accept people from all parts of the world BUT don't expect anyone online after 12pm gmt, a hour or 2 later maybe at weekends. We're also mature players(in years not attitude).
    If you're looking for raids or 'tr in a week' then read no further. OR not be able to laugh when we fail now and again.
    That's not to say we don't run(well join) raids or tr.
    To check out some of our recent action please read posts below.

At present me who plays far too much and usually 2-4 others who play in the evening GMT 8pm-12pm for a few of hours.
    We'd like some new members so more players are online in the evening.GMT 7-12pm. This has been slowly increasing since The FRAG got spotlighted in DDO Chroncle No.60 (Thankyou Cordovan)
    The guild run night on thursday 9pm till midnight is usually full.

Amother guild night is in progress maybe a friday night.
    Casual players who just log on a couple of hours twice a week or thereabouts are welcome. If you want or like me rl circumstances make you solo sometimes thats fine.

What i want is some/lots dole dossers who have nothing better to do than play ddo allday :-)
    We don't really have any rules except sometimes we run a couple of 'cash in' quests every 2 months or so to pay for ship buffs and expect guildies to join in. We've had a lucky streak and not needed to do one for 12 months.
    We expect anyone to play a minimum of 2 hours twice a week.
    It would be good(but not required) if you had characters at various levels, with one at lev 20 BUT read below.
    Presently guild activity is lev 15-ish and epic.
    Also some lev 7-ish. Again if you're new to DDO and interested give us a try.

So if you like a playing ddo after a hard days work we may be the one for you. It's about having a laugh while hopefully finding that magic item.
    Contact Runikz or Alivef in game, PM or post here.

P.S. We often use SKYPE when Guild questing but recently started to use Teamspeak

P.S.S. By the way we're not an rp guild i just have too much time on my hands :-)
    Last edited by SlowDM; 11-15-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Update
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Default Titan down

Learning Titan raid was face-palming , well sometimes 2-handed-face-palming . But a fun challenge, so refreshing from the usual run kill monsters run a bit more scenario and nice to engage our brains for a change.
    Here's how it went
    Week 1 . 1st run 2hrs to get to Titan and then fail very quickly. Remember this was 4 of us without wiki help and the last time 3 of us ran it was when it was released years ago(i never have). 2nd run 40min to get to titan and we stilll failed miserably.
    Week 2 1st run fvs and monk change so fvs can learn puzzle 45 min to titan did ok again but failed. 2nd run 30 min to titan did well but failed so used remaing pillars for target practise.
    Week 3. We spend all of 2min reading wiki. Sorted. 1st run 30 min to Titan, we did it :-) no way we'ved been swizzed/robbed, the Titan fell to the side but its legs were still in the firing zone!!!! like i said swizzed !!!. 2nd run still bout 30 min to Titan not fast but we ALL learnt it :-). Final score 6-0.

Titan down.

Next up the Demon Queen
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Default Tried out the new bladeforged

With 1 of us away on holiday this week, we decided to try out the new Iconic Bladeforged Paladin. We helped eachother get to the forgotten realms during the week. Planning to do the 3 new quests, (1 of us had'nt done 3rd quest yet and was eager to discover new treasure chest's). I had'nt played a Paladin before so i learnt a bit the other 2 knew the score. Then we had a surprise, a guildie we had'nt seen for awhile turned up so a little change of plan. Him being a casual player and non vip, an easy choice we all like gianthold so everyone was happy.
    We did madstone, pop and cabal on hard because our surpise guildie said he would be a bit rusty and tbh the rest of us felt the same about our Bladeforged. Our Paladin's just had the starter gear with 1 or 2 changes. Mine was the 'Insanity' greatsword and 'livewood core' docent. The only comment was lack of skill points esp when not put into balance!. On a 1st life without tomes this could be a weak point. Afterwards we all felt we could have managed elite but we all had a great time. Even if we did'nt get a single decent magic item amongst us all.
    It was a bit late but we had a go at Tor on hard. With 3 shiny(rusty) warforged, a ranger who was'nt as rusty as he thoght and 2 hires off we went. No problems getting to Dragons. Surprised that Paladin turn undead actually worked. The first dragon was such a struggle, with 2 more to go and time clocking on we called it a night.
    All of us who tried the iconic enjoyed it. We'll play on with them awhile and see how it goes.

Not sure whats next week but knowing us we won't let them Dragon's get away with it.

Community Member

Default Shadowfell next week can' wait

One of those rl busy weeks for everyone. Thinks thats why we logged on with very differing characters.
    Bladeforged and a barbarian it is then was quickly agreed on.. The barb showed us how to zerg the gh side quest Trial by Fire, elite x 3 hard x 3 normal x 2 , with the in-game 30% xp bonus, quick 3-4 min a run, nice xp indeed. The only decent magic item we got was *insert swear word* in the last chest on normal!!!
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Jeweled...%28Level_12%29

Then it was 'pick a quest'.
    Missing went easy peasy, we pulled a turbulent epee but no use to anyone.
    My turn,
    Its in my sig, Yep we drank those beholders under the table. Its a daft quest but very amusing. We pulled Insanity which saved a Bladeforged hunting through the bank.
    2 Baldeforged now level 16

Shadowfell next week. Can't wait

Community Member

Default Re-enhanced

Lots of activity since Monday. Lots of scratching of heads too.
    But soon discovered how best go about sorting enhancements. First look at the top row and decide what (class)tree is best, then spend most of your AP in that(40 if you can). Then look at the other trees. Certainly less forboding/confusing that way.
    Kinda easier with lev 15ish characters when you have enough pounts to get prestige and some spare so you can check out other tree's before pressing accept.

All of us have re-enhanced some characters. A few new Iconics have yet to spill some blood.

So with the Bladeforged happy and other adventurer's keen to do the new quests. The Shadowfell awaits our band of heroes.

Community Member

UK based, 20 (+1) Artificer, only really solo'd up to now, but keen to do the odd wee group/raid, mostly just into having a laugh and a bit of banter. Current guild is all Americans and never on my time

Hope to catch you in game for a chat.

PS I firmly consider myself a "newb" that likely to be ok?

Community Member

Sorry been away for a few days.
    Being newbish is fine, i still think i am :-). We do take quests serious at times but by far we play just for fun. The banter is sometimes the best bit lol.
    I will be on in the evening mon-tues-wens 27th->

Hope to catch you

Community Member

Bit of catching up to do and rather short.

2 Bladeforged, a Shadar-kai, Morninglord and a Barbarian. Not everyone had done the Deryk Black quests, so we did the 1st 2 on hard, me the healer was'nt doing well at all so the last quest was entered on elite!. We did just fine. Could'nt wait to check out
    Wheloon Prison and it was great, being able to run across the rooftops.

During the week Barb has been catching upto lev 15, my fvs also(as i was'nt impressed with the iconic morninglord). Others have been re-doing even more characters and giving them a run out.

Community Member

Default Guild leader musings on Shadowfell

Guild renown decay is still off and forever lost in the Demonweb. A big thankyou from me and guildies. We're a small casual guild and it's like a ten ton weight lifted off my chest and my headache has disappeared :-).

We're enjoying Shadowfell.
    It's great fun running over the rooftops in Wheloon Prison, not so much when the baddies jump up to get you :-). The Shadar-kai are as deadly as their reputation. I like having such a fearsome enemy, takes me back to my first few encounters with mephits espcially fire mephits(i still have a fear of fire mephits lol) and how powerful Drow are in Motu. The Realm of Shadow is strange but captures the murkiness of twilight. We've not done all the quests but are enjoying it.

Last night 4 of us went in the Storm Horns(3 of us for the 1st time and me been in there 30 min before). The monster 'swarm' tactic/ai is awesome, it changed from, wham/bam they're dead, to argh heal me quick-run away-ding. Best of all, we had a great time. Glad also that the random encounter's are not all 'here's a red named' but some like pnp encounters. Whoever designed the dance with the satyr's encounter is the man :-). We found and defeated the red dragon. Brilliant when it took to the sky.
    The enhancement pass was a bit mindnumbing at 1st but non of us have complained. 'Grown to like it' i think sums it up. We do all hope though that it gets tweaked and new things are added in the future.
    The trap/secret door/sneak changes have made things more difficult, no i'd say different. It has'nt impacted our game in a bad way probably the opposite. Now we look in the nooks and crannies like we supposed to. Or when we're zerging we miss them like we used to do.

Still looking for players. We're nearly lev 67. Read top post. GMT timezone.
    Small guild 4 active players + 4 on a couple of nights a week.
    We'd like to start up a 1 or 2 static night a week(thurs is full). We're keen on an Iconic only night.

Community Member

This weeks been good. We've got a new guildie, welcome and i hope you settle in.

Again mostly lev 15-ish characters doing some catching up. My fvs and the barbarian being 2nd life have been finding it a bit harder, well, more time comsuming than difficult.. I made it to lev 16, the barb 15. Checking out where we all stood xp/level wise. Our american rogue has been restricted to guild night only :-). Everyone else is close enough.

Guild night was full, and for awhile looked like there would be a 7 man raid happening. But it ended up as 6.
    2 Bladeforged Paladin, Barbarian, Shadar-kai, Rogue, Fvs(with 3 warforged to heal!!!)

Everyone decided now we'd had time to try out new game-changes/characters/enhancements. It was time to get serious. All keen to revisit Wheloon Prison. We had a quick warm up run around the rooftops and found a few more 'scheme's'. Some/all of us had done 2or3 of the quests allready but they were not clear in our minds. The Barbarian lead us to the quest 'Friends in low places' with a Bladeforged charging in (Elite) shouting 'they're geting it' . Everyone stepped up a gear and worked as a team. Then i let the side down by foolishly walking under a gate only to have it slam shut. Followed shortly by ding the is fvs dead amongst much mickey taking. The rogue's were having no success in spotting the traps and after 1 of us dying. Our american rogue lead the way having to set off the 1st trap before he could search the other's. It took both the Shadar-kai and rougue to disable them.
    (As a side note i've been having a harder time with my arti spotting traps in new quests).
    Having done the optionals we headed off to the end fight. This is where things took a turn for the worse, not our groups fault but the game more or less turned into a slide show. Yes!!!!
    'he who never dies' never died, running off with our soulstones the day was saved :-). Not wanting a repeat we had to even more carefully split up the mob.
    But we did pull a herioc elite version of
    https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/fi...Necklace_2.png

After having a dance with the Satyr's, our group treked up into the Storm Horns. Trying to remember where sighting's of dragon's had been seen. We were not disappointed an angry White Dragon decided at least 3 of us were worth eating. "We're gonna die horribly" shouted the rogue perched atop a cliff, still having to look UP at the Dragon.
    NO we did'nt die but after the fight finding lever's, think we'll be meeting the Dragon again somehow.........................
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-06-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Update

Default 'Merikan Rogue for White Dragon dessert!

If you are looking for a crew to play DDO with that will put you in very strange situations, create nightmares to haunt your dreams for days afterwards (you don't dare sleep in the dark!), but leave your grin muscles aching from over use, and your ribs sore from howling with laughter, The Frag is where you want to be!

The evening before the horror of the White Dragon slaying, I was introduced to this crowd via a pleasant hike into the snowy mountains, with intentions and goals suspiciously unclear. When that White Dragon reared up in front of us, the shout went up... "RUN for your lives!" Run we did! Run, and run, and run.... right into the spread wings and toothy maw of a monster RED DRAGON! I will admit, I was shaking like a hound dog crapping peach seeds! I have no idea how we escaped, but somehow we did. I am still haunted by the memory of that little adventure. One of my Frag "buddies" did tell me that HE wasn't worried... as he did not have to outrun the Dragons... he just had to outrun ME! *Face/palm* Thus the origin of "Rogue as Dragon food" concept.

For people on the other side of the Atlantic from England, (The USA/Canada in particular) The Frag plays on Thursday from 4 PM to about 7 PM EST. SlowDM and I are in game most days from early morning to late into the evening. We had another experienced player join us just today, by the name of Zahway, a person I've long admired and called a friend. We are pleased to have him along for the next crazy adventure these folks craft to give our wives reason to shout "What is so %@#* funny???!!!".

- Fricko (AKA Sam the Swamper)

P.S. Look for Jayhold, Stemwinder, Degreaser, or Mackdamech. Givem me a shout, and get a hearty "Howdy!" in return!

Community Member

Default Iconic Only Static night about to start on thelanis

1st off thanks Fricko for for your great introduction.
    1 correction though The FRAG on thursday is FULL with 6.
    So an Iconic only static night is starting next week. With an odd raid(we're not a raid guild so i mean an odd raid) on thursday.

Got 3 definate's so far(inc me) and 1'm waiting for 1 more to reply back. . I've penciled in, to start tues 17th at 9pm but check back by Friday the 13th for the kill count wuhahahah , sorry for definate start time and day. I've tried the Bladeforged Paladin-very ggod, Morninglord cleric-good as a healer, Shadar-kai only for an hour but i liked her. The Purple dragon Knight is getting a try out tonight and maybe 2mo.

Iconic only Staic night. Group roster so far
    Shadar-kai x 2
    Purple Dragon Knoght
    I'm happy to be Morninglord Cleric or Bladeforged paladin

Whatever happens we will start next week as i've allways found when something's good other's join in :-)

P.S. Its time to try something different
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-09-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Update

Community Member

Default Iconic only static night starting on Thelanis tues sept 17th 9pm gmt(4pmest)

Group roster so far
    Shadar-kai x 2 -
    Purple dragon Knight -
    Morninglord Cleric-

Thats 2 spots left(1 is more than likely filled). We could do with an arcane. I have ssen a couple of morninglord/pale master builds on ddo forum. Yes does seem a bit strange but morninglord enhancement tree's have some things more suitable for arcanes. +2 int being one of them.

So Tuesday's 9pm till 11pm GMT(4pm-6pm est) is the Iconic Static night. Starting tues 17th sept.

We'll have 1 or 2 who have'nt used skype much or at all. So expect some background noise the 1st night :-)

Community Member

Default Iconic only static night also on Sarlona est timezone

There is also a new Iconic only static group started on Sarlona for a more usa friendly start time . Check out the thread below.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Group-Sarlona

Community Member

Default The FRAG on Thelanis still looking for more characters.

Whats been happening this week then.
    Helped an arti get to eveningstar, got the Barb to lev 16, assisted building a purple dragon knight, did a couple of quests with new guildies.
    It's been nice to see our new guildies settling in. It does seem the casual/easy-going/rl-interupted players(no offence intended, i'm kinda one of them) have the biggest problem when reaching the lev 15+ zone. Not surprised as the quests become much more difficult without a group. The vale of twilight and Reavers Reach not being exactly easy to find or leave. I've done /death a few times to leave reavers.
    Anyone interested in joining us please post here/pm me/look for Alivef or Runikz.

Thursday was fun.
    Back to Whelon Prison.
    One of our guildies has a servere bout of 'man flu', hope you get well soon :-)
    A new guildie joined us on Skype goodness knows what he thought of the pre-quest 10 min micky-taking/mayhem.
    So the barb lead us to the quest well what he thought was the quest. Whereupon we got mobbed by a horde of convicts and Shadar-kai backed up by a beholder(Eye of Shadow). Yes you guessed it things did'nt go to well, but having met the beholder before we were determined to win. Luckily there was a shrine nearby which became a triage/a+e centre and we won the day. Everyone was happy except a Bladeforged who was not a happy chap when we could'nt it's treasure chest. Since found out it does'nt have one methinks the Bladeforged will say run away not charge next time :-). We recall repair rebuff amid comments of we're not following the barb this time lol.
    We then quickly found the quest Lessons in deception and entered on elite, which was no-where near the where the barb thought, in fact it was just south of the entrance. Sorry but my Fvs is still cleaning the bits of flesh, blood and bone off her equipment :-). Anyway we did well upto 1 point when we jumped off a roof into a mob, but we mamaged to sort them out and went on to Victory. Will have to be more carefull with the mob 'swarm' tactic something different in the shadowfell content.

Looking forward to the Iconic only static night(read above posts), 1 spot still open.

Default Iconic Night (Insane Party... bring yer own booze!)

As usual with The FRAG, our Iconic Thursday Night adventures were both exciting and educational! ( When SlowDM says "We can handle this on Hard, boys!" .... RUN! It WILL get exciting!)

Most of us are learning how to best utilize the new enhancements and goodies our iconic characters were delivered with. I have never played a pure Fighter before (only a two level splash for extra feats, etc.) though to my surprise, I am finding it quite challenging and fun! I spent almost the entire evening experimenting with various weapon/shield, THW, and Great Crossbow effects. This was in addition to discovering what my multitude of clickie enhancements do for my character, and the party. I learned I have much yet to learn!

Should you decide to join us, I recommend you already have a well developed sense of humor, and ready access to a bracing nerve agent of some sort. Personally, I favor a well aged Kentucky Bourbon!

-Sam

Community Member

Default What's been happening in The FRAG this week

The 1st Iconic Only Static Night went very well. Starting with Disciples of Shar, Escape Plan and Shadow of a Doubt. We soon formed a team and everyone tried out their new skills. Considering how new we are to Iconics and not all grouped together before, its working brilliant. With some time to spare a scout around Wheloon Prison was a fun end to our 1st time out. The only low point featuring a 300+hp disintergrate spell with the Cleric standing there doing nothing :-P.

Did Vale quests with 2 guildies, will be doing them again for a week or 2. I need to learn them better so i can lead these on harder difficulty levels.

Thursday FRAG night was short manned because of work and illness. The Barb says "lets do Crucible Elite". So i put up an LFM which quickly fills. Thankyou for those who joined as it did'nt go smoothly in parts, the druid who joined and our rogue were stars :-). With 1 leaving because of work then another joining late we just chatted on skype while doing some explorer's.

Friday had 4 epic characters in good spirits. So with the Rogue mumbling about "i can't use these magic items untill i'm lev 24". Von3 went a breeze on epic hard, followed by a visit to GH for a couple of trial by fire zergs(pulled a +3 to +4 unbound upgrade tome of wisdom and a hair dye). But not before an AMAZING encounter with 2 hill giants falling out over 2 treasure chests. Concentrating on what they had to say, we did'nt notice the Dragon untill too late as it slammed down to earth, completly filling my view, amid shouts from the rogue 'it's got me trapped between its toes'. It was a heart thumping battle, this is the reason why i love DDO not for what difficulty level i can do but for these surprising adrenaline pumping gems.
    On top form and just to finish the night off so to speak. The Sorc says i 'know' how to do that Drow in the farmhouse on Epic Elite. "Let's av her" shouted the 4 Fired up Dragon Killers. Yeah you guessed it it did'nt go as we planned *Ha Ha* it went BETTER.
    Epic Elite Drow Priestess - NIL
    Four fired up The FRAG - ONE

Had another new guildie join, with 2 more asking for info :-)
    Admin has added 2 new sections in our guild forum for the static groups.
    I'll be running my lev 26 arti this week hopefully with a recent guildie, got to keep infront of him somehow!!! lol
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-21-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Community Member

Default Thelanis ICONIC only static night tuesdays 9-11pm UK time . 1 spot free.

1 more Iconic character needed to fill.
    We started 2 weeks ago and its going excellent. The 1st week went surprisingly well considering some of us had'nt grouped together before and were new to Iconic's. Started by doing the 3 quests disciples of shar, escape plan and shadow of a doubt on hard difficulty with a short visit to Wheloon prison to finish off the night. With 1 already informing us he was away on holiday and another ill the 2nd week was'nt quite so successful adventure wise but was still great fun. So to try and keep the forgotten realms focus we decided to start the web of chaos chain on hard difficulty. Lords of Dust went like a dream. Servants of the Overlord however proved to be somewhat deadly.

Next Static night tues 1st oct 9-11pm uk time, if you're interested send me a PM or post here.
    Group Roster
    Shadar-kai x 2
    Bladeforged pally2/sorc13
    Purple dragon knight
    Morninglord cleric
    1 spot free

P.S. We're a mature bunch of over 40's(if that made you smile you should join us)

Community Member

Default The FRAG on Thelanis still looking for Character's

It's a bright sunday afternoon in the uk, so while listening to one of my other passions Northern Soul, i'll have a chunter.

Got another new guildie, welcome. Sorry i was in a party and 'Rainbow in the DarK' can't be done with your eyes closed LOL. Thats us upto 16 members, with others showing interest. TBH i'm happy the guild is slowly growing :-)

It's been a bit of an 'on and off week' guildwise because of people having to do work. But we've still run some groups/quests and everyone is happy.

Friday night was a laugh, 'skype call' "what you upto Ali". Both wanting some ED xp and joined by a friend, Von 3 yet again( seem to run this often but who can resist the xp also it's a very good quest).
    It's been awhile since i swapped my shiradi ED and was bit of a shock at 1st, monsters did'nt die so quickly. At least tactical detonation knocked them down long enough for the others to kill 'em.
    It was about 2/3rds through the quest i shout "watch out i can't scroll heal you i'm being mobbed" "i av a hire"*came the slurred response* , 2 voices say "call her from the lever at the start of the quest then!" Luckily we did'nt die laughing.
    It was getting late and we'd all had some beer, and someone was on the cider. So what better place to go than the roughest part of town Wheloon Prison.
    Me and the cider drinker cleared out the route to the quest and opened the sidegate while our mate popped out for a cigarette. Can't remember what the quest was called but it had a tough Shadar-kai boss at the end. we recovered from a near party wipe and had a couple of further deaths. Thanks for umd.

Community Member

Default What's been happening in The FRAG this week. Vale a Dragon,.....

We've had another new member join, thats us upto 17 and non of them have left yet which is a good sign :-). The evening's are getting busier just need some more character's.

The Iconic Static night is going brilliant just need 1 more to join.

More guildies have been on this week, done full and shortman groups everynight this week. Vale quests have been tricky once or twice but by far they went brilliant. Spinner was smooth a silk and we got a treasure trove,.2 docents, doublecroowbow,luminous truth Note, we've also failed 2 quests and 'took it on the chin'. 1 was devil invasion elite, just not enough of us esp as ALL the fire elementals did'nt like my fvs :-((jealous of her new Blonde hair). The other was Siber Atoll way, defending a Dragon from giants. Got so close :-( we were all disappointed but we'll be doing it again next week and know it will be the giants who are 'Done In' .

Personally i've started another tr 1st life druid, now an arti 6/ranger 3i(i'm after a ranger past life), so far going brill. Better still i get to quest with my mate Ficko.

With many guildies getting close to lev 20 with some of their characters. TR, EPIC or just start a new character, I'll just have to wait and see.

Guild activity for next couple of months will be mostly :-
    lev15-20, 8-11pm
    lev 9 ish 4-7pm
    + must do a bit of ed-questing with Runikz so i can twist of fate that exalted angel sp thingy.

If you'd like to give us a try-out, msg,pm, or contact Alivef or Runikz in-game. I have other character's if its starts with 'Ali' and its in The FRAG it's me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast