Default UI scale, font size?

Hi, I was just wondering if there's a way to change UI scale and font size in the game? I saw nothing in the graphics and UI options. Reason I'm asking is because I play the game on my 42" lcd tv that's directly connected to my computer and would like to play the game at a resolution of 1920x1080.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

There is no option to resize the UI, nor the UI text.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Sorry couldn't respond, my internet was down from 8:00pm last night til now.

That's a shame, I guess the code is too old that it doesn't have the advanced options.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I suspect it's also more a choice about what can and what cannot be done with the UI.

we can move everything around dynamically at all time, have up to 20 bars ( originally 10 ) but we cannot resize them...

In other games you can only move things around when you activate the function, you have a limited number of bars,
    and there's bits and pieces of the UI you cannot move at all... on the other hand you can resize the whole UI.

The fact that DDO is 7 years old might have some impact, but honestly, really think it was a design choice, and the original design team
    considered that it was better to have an UI that could be freely moved around compared to one that could be resized.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

If I am reading what you want right you do it in Windows IE use small icons

Community Member

I have one of those XD monitors... running at some crazy resolution...

I actually have to sit up a wee bit close to read the screen sometimes.

I'm not sure if it is my age, or the massive resolution.

2560x1440

Oh and for the record... It's is a color calibrated professional grade monitor...

The darkness in some dungeons is just silly... You have to crank the gamma... I get moody, but really it's just 'black'... I don't have the best eyes in the world... but it's like someone set the base levels on some 2 dolla desktop monitor, with the gamma cranked or screwed. At "real" color and light levels, the default is just terrible in some dungeons.

Yes it is just this game... I've been THRILLED with the monitor in every other use case.

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you can resize the chat text. It's in the UI options somewhere. In coming years, I suspect that Turbine will have to take a look at resizing the UI components. If DDO is still going strong in 10 years, I'd like to be able to see the hotbar icons on my 100,000 x 80,000 screen that I'm sure will be very affordable by then.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Default Turbine Why do I have to wait

I love Turbine games and have played them for years. I am visually impaired and have a hard time with the fonts and UI scale in DDO. Since LOTRO has a scalable UI--why can't DDO? Please fix this Turbine.........