Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Just to clarify were not actually getting "Racial" PrEs anymore each race is just getting special access to class PrEs (ie. Halfling is getting Assassin so a Halfling Wizard could go around Assassinating things.) but no they didn't finish that either the only technically "new" racial prestige is Morninglord (who are elves for some random reason) getting AA. So yeah another DIVINE class got AA...hilariously wrong.

Aren't Ranger spells based off Divine casting?
    if so, then Rangers shouldn't be able to get AA either you're saying?

Didn't Elves as a Racial enhancement have access to AA?
    if so, then by default "Elven" Morninglords would have access to AA for being "Elf" not Divines?

You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Community Member

It does not matter anyways.

Once again, what used to be free, now we pay for.

Elven AA requires 4 AP and 10 spent in the racial tree.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Why is it wrong that a divine get's AA? AA skills are SLAs and they are open to Divine OR Arcane as long as they meet the other class/racial prerequisites. Morninglord Elves are Elves and are one of the MOST magical based races so it makes perfect sense and there is no hilarity at all in the matter.
    ARCANE archer...honestly rangers should never have gotten this prestige either...it only makes sense as a elven racial prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    Aren't Ranger spells based off Divine casting?
    if so, then Rangers shouldn't be able to get AA either you're saying?

Didn't Elves as a Racial enhancement have access to AA?
    if so, then by default "Elven" Morninglords would have access to AA for being "Elf" not Divines?
    Yes a Sun Elf (as well as elf and half-elf) having focus on bows arcane casting and AA makes sense since elves are renowned for mixing martial and arcane prowess but NOTHING about "Elves" scream iconic Cleric neither should a single class cleric have access to an ARCANE prestige unless its race related.

Not only does this make their racial enhancements clash like no tommorow and brings us a FOURTH elven race it also makes it unlike the other iconics in that it doesn't really get much special....the shadar-kai get tattoos, different hair cuts and tattoos...the the bladeforged are well spikey wf with different "head" armor...the PDKs are some amalgamation of the half-orc and human models...while they all look similar their also unique in some way where-as The MLs are just elves...nothing special just elves.

The other thing of course is that PDK, Shadar-Kai and BFs all have things that would be useful to or synergizes well with their native class whereas Sun Elf is either unrelated or even detrimental to a cleric....for MLs Aasimar (specifically the Lesser Aasimar so no LA mod) would have made alot more sense only requiring small modifications to the human model (lighter skin, some sort of holy aura, glowing eyes, tiny wings or maybe a halo) and would actually have relevant abilities not to mention +2 Wis/Cha (and the choice of one or the other to boost in racial enhancements)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Lamannia is back up.

I can't see any of the previously reported bugs fixed (some cosmetic, some inconsistencies, some proper bugs). I did spot a couple more things with active feats having passing icons, so flagged them.

Not really feeling the love for checking any more when none of the bugs so far have been addressed. I'll wait for them to post up the Release Notes and see what they say.

I'll no doubt get back into it over the weekend.

Meanwhile, if you do see any fixes, new bugs or any changes in AP costs let me know and I'll update the PDF.

Anyone done any testing as to what stacks and what doesn't? I thought I remembered the Devs saying at one point that nothing of the same name would stack, but I've seen some posts saying otherwise for specific enhancements.

Community Member

Lifesaver Looks really professional. Thanks a lot for the time you've put in & props for a great job.

Deadlock, I just wanted to say, as many others already have, great job with the PDF. I'm sure it was a lot of work keeping up with the updates and changes. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Though the PDF is great, I am still having a little trouble understanding how the trees will work. I guess if I was able to log into Lamania i would have a better understanding. In the meantime, is there a planner that will help us understand better? Or can that not be released until the update comes out? I have been playing for a few years, but admittedly I am still learning the ropes as far as enhancements and feats are concerned. Keep up the great work and thanks. +1

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Quintain-Valewalker View Post
    Deadlock, I just wanted to say, as many others already have, great job with the PDF. I'm sure it was a lot of work keeping up with the updates and changes. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Though the PDF is great, I am still having a little trouble understanding how the trees will work. I guess if I was able to log into Lamania i would have a better understanding. In the meantime, is there a planner that will help us understand better? Or can that not be released until the update comes out? I have been playing for a few years, but admittedly I am still learning the ropes as far as enhancements and feats are concerned. Keep up the great work and thanks. +1
    All should become clear tomorrow when you can see the trees live for yourself

I heard on DDOCast 300 that Ron has a new version of his character planner due for release soon. Hopefully a combination of that, the wiki and the PDF will help you get to grips with the changes and how you can put it all together to come up with some very interesting build options going forward.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Agreed. Thanks very much for the pdf Deadlock. Has been a huge help for planning potential builds out.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Good job Q!

Turbine didn't care. You did.
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Deadlock, I said earlier that this was outstanding work, but I wanted to reiterate how much you rock. I printed out every tree for every class involved in my builds, and using those printouts saved me a TON of time and effort not having to keep logging into lammania and redoing builds.

Thanks to you I was able to get my three build threads updated for the expansion by last night, so thanks again. Fantastic contribution to community.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Deadlock, I said earlier that this was outstanding work, but I wanted to reiterate how much you rock. I printed out every tree for every class involved in my builds, and using those printouts saved me a TON of time and effort not having to keep logging into lammania and redoing builds.

Thanks to you I was able to get my three build threads updated for the expansion by last night, so thanks again. Fantastic contribution to community.
    Glad you like. There are bound to be things that have changed in the live one that I've not spotted yet - don't have my army of tester toons in the dojo. Nothing in the release notes, but that doesn't mean nothing has been changed or the AP cost hasn't changed. I did notice one of the active enhancements has a passive icon, and updated that for the next version at my side, but don't think that on it's own is worth creating a new version.

Founder

Massive kudo's don't seem to do justice but that and a +1 will get you the least of what you deserve. Have printed this out and look forward to the fun of trying to figure out how to get my STR based Tempest III back to where he was...or relatively close with the help of your work. Namaste!

+1 for taking the time to put this together.

All the changes to the enhancement system have been a bit overwhelming, but it's been a sanity-saver having the pdf around to scribble on and put perspective on all the changes.
    Cheers!

KoC, Paladin. According to ddowiki:
    Passion: Your Divine Sacrifice ability gains: On Damage: Gain 5/10/15 temporary spell points if you strike an undead or evil outsider with this attack.

Your PDF states 1/3/6.

Dwarf. According to ddowiki:
    Dwarven Runes: Gain +1/+2/+3 to saves against spell effects.

Your PDF states it has just one rank.

Right now I can't log in to double check it, so I don't know which is right and which wrong.
    Last edited by mezzorco; 08-30-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Good spot.

Have added the x3 to Dwarven Runes and updated Passion to 5SP per rank - new version uploaded with these and a few other tweaks.

Lots of stuff changed from last beta version to Live. Those are the ones I noticed that disagree with the data we colected on wiki:

• Human Versatility only locks up on the tier 3 and 5 what you selected on the previous tiers. Not only USP. (Ditto for PDK tree)
    • Human Fighting Style: Ambidexterity gives +1 Attack on rank 1, +1 dodge on rank 2, and +1 damage on rank 3. (Ditto for PDK tree)
    • Human Fighting Style: Traditionalist Caster gives +3/+6/+10 USP. It is not the standard 3/6/9. (Ditto for PDK tree)
    • Warforged Adamantine Durability (Improved Body) gives +3/+6/+10 PRR. It is not the standard 3/6/9.
    • I think Weapon Attachment should have a note that you lose the benefit if you switch weapons.
    • Half-Orc Improved Power Attack is missing the feat requisite
    • Bladeforged Fearsome Presence should specify MELEE damage. Specially because a lot of people uses bladeforged for sorcerer 18/2 multiclass.
    • Cormyrean Weapon Training also gives bonus to tactical feats if your CHA is higher than your STR.
    • For Cormyr! HP threshold is 50%. Buff last for 2 minutes.

I checked only racials. Take some time and check the class-based ones later on wiki.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Thanks for that. Updated to version 5.7 with the latest changes. Good call on making it clearer what is melee and not, could be misconstrued otherwise.

The thing with Human Versatility isn't that Tier 3 and Tier 5 lock out what you select in previous tiers, that's indicated by the red arrows.

The problem with USP is that it gets locked out in Tier 3 and Tier 5 when you DON'T select it in Tier 1 Have bug reported it

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

This should be stickied.

And +1 to the OP for the hard work and service to the community.

Community Member

To add one more to the choir, GREAT job on the PDF. It made planning my character update much easier.

At some point, you changed from having an index or list of bookmarks on the left margin to having thumbnails on the left. I'd love to see the text list return when 5.8 comes out.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast