Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Nice Work

Very nice. Looks like a lot of work went into this. +1 for you sir.
    Bronko Lawbringer
    Founder, Guild Leader, & Official Meat Shield™ of THAC0 on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Make Gazebo cry.
    www.thaczero.net

Thumbs up

Very nice, +1.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Community Member

OP, you are Ms. Pooklebunny's new DDO hero.

Thank you a lot for this, dont have to download lamannia again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    One that did catch my eye was the constraint between the Efficient Metamagic Tiers in Archmage, where you can't choose the same Metamagic twice across the 3 Tiers. Sorcs get a free choice in their selections but that's fine because their magic is innate rather than studied so I can see a flavour reason for that. I'm not entirely sure why Divine Disciple get a free choice, or why they lose Quicken as an option in their Tier 3 Efficient Metamagic Enhancement.
    Varg said Sorc metamagics were bugged and should lock taking the same one out. I was able to reduce Maximize and Empower to both +0SP on Lama after spending enough points.... so it is buggy. Also hope they do go across the trees and equalize things. Poor wizzies having to take 3 different non-Heighten metamagic reducers in order to get the heighten reducer... Would be nice if Varg and team did a metamagics, spell points, spell power balance pass across all the spell casting preReq trees. And remove that damnable Wand&Scroll Hieghtening as a preReq for W&S Mastery.

Though Varg did say compare and file bugs. He said that a lot. Like A LOT. I think he dreams saying that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Thumbs up Nice work, thanks

Just wanted to say thank you for the work put in, a real help in getting behind the new enhancements and towards new builds!

Community Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Would be nice if Varg and team did a metamagics, spell points, spell power balance pass across all the spell casting preReq trees. And remove that damnable Wand&Scroll Hieghtening as a preReq for W&S Mastery.
    Who knows, it can be that part of these enhancements having different cost for different classes is partly WAI. I can imagine they want to do something like that to create more difference in focus between the classes.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Varg said Sorc metamagics were bugged and should lock taking the same one out. I was able to reduce Maximize and Empower to both +0SP on Lama after spending enough points.... so it is buggy. Also hope they do go across the trees and equalize things. Poor wizzies having to take 3 different non-Heighten metamagic reducers in order to get the heighten reducer... Would be nice if Varg and team did a metamagics, spell points, spell power balance pass across all the spell casting preReq trees. And remove that damnable Wand&Scroll Hieghtening as a preReq for W&S Mastery.

Though Varg did say compare and file bugs. He said that a lot. Like A LOT. I think he dreams saying that now.
    Will be interesting to see what comes out in future iterations. I don't have any issue with effects from multiple trees stacking, and don't really have any problem with the same effects costing more or less in some trees than another provided it fits with the flavour and lore for that class or tree. So for example maybe Spell Penetration in the Wizard tree should cost 1 AP while it remains at 2 AP for others - I do think that Spell Penetration needs to be x3 enhancement though. I would like to see all of the metamagic enhancements disconnected from each other and just there as free choices.

In the sorc trees, I would swap the Tier 2 Efficient Metamagic with the Tier 3 Spell Penetration and leave them all freely selectable. You would then need to spend 10 points in a tree to get access to them, but could then reduce the cost of Maximise by 18 points if you wanted to. This would go some way to rebalancing the 25% reduction in spell critical multiplier.

Multiple effects in different trees should definitely stack, that for me is one of the selling points of the new system - if you really want to min/max a specific feature of your build then you can do that more effectively under the new system.

H-Orcs: you forgot to put "x2" in Power Rage.
    Kensai: IIRC they get haste boost, too; Ascetic training (will) gives +1 passive ki on rank 3.
    Occult Slayer: you don't explain what knockout does on rank 2 and 3.
    Water Savant: Elemental Apotheosis has inverted boni and mali.
    Tempest: Graceful Death typo (damageof).

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by mezzorco; 07-11-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Founder

this sounds like a very nice option to review the proposed enhancement changes. but when I follow the link in the original post, I get redirected to open a Google account.

is that required to be able to view the PDF file?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Thanks for spotting those - updated to version 4.6 and uploaded.

Will check Kensai tree and Occult Slayer Knockout tomorrow when Lamannia is back up.

I'm hoping that the enhancements will have had a few more corrections to them, so will do a recheck on them all and update the PDF.

On the question of the Google account, don't believe it's a requirement. When I'm not logged into my Google account, the link just takes me directly to the PDF viewer where I can browse/save/print the document.

1. Great work! Thanks a lot.

2. I just opened the document in an incognito window and it worked fine w/o the need to log into a Google Account

3. I just had to smile because Google lists the unknown viewers as animals and I spotted the user:

Anonymous Nyan Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    To help me get to grips with the new enhancements, I've documented them in a format that lets me easily compare one Tree against another.
    Wow, very nicely done! Would have actually been cool to have that directly from the Turbine team
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Rogue Assassinate has the description of the Ranger AA Moonbow ability instead of the actual description.
    Ascent

Lucavvi|Blooddrunk|Marikoth

rogue assassin capstone: deadly shadowshoud be +2 int, +4 sneak attack dice.u hav +4 int, +4 sneak attck dice.

Smile

I am overwhelmed by the amount of awesome in this. How long did it take?

Thanks for doing it!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    I am overwhelmed by the amount of awesome in this. How long did it take?

Thanks for doing it!
    Hey Geoff. Started piecing it together back in April when the first preview of the first set of enhancements went up on Lamannia. Then I've just added bits to it now and again when Lamannia has been up and I've had time. Still a WIP, but now I've got it fleshed out, it's easier to update and correct. Looking forward to seeing what changes come with the beta when Lamannia's back up. Will update the PDF and get it uploaded asap - but the sun's shining here and there are cold beers in the fridge, so might not be today

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Wow, very nicely done! Would have actually been cool to have that directly from the Turbine team

Naw. Actually it's nice to see there are still players willing to put their time in on stuff like this. Player-creators have the time to tinker the details of their product and listen/respond to feedback.

No Dis to the Powers reading through, but you'd be the first to admit there's only so much y'all can do in a day.

/Props to the OP.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

You have the devotion and energy of a manic obsessive, Deadlock. I cannot +1 you enough for this. It is a fantastic piece of work and I love it. Hopefully the more people take a look at this document the better they will feel about the enhancement pass. Personally, I have been watching it evolve ever since Alpha and it just seems to be getting better. Sure, there are a few disappointing changes and some characters will require some re-tooling, but that's what an evolving game is about. This document is a great tool for helping people plan out what they are going to do when the enhancement pass goes live. You've done a marvelous service to the DDO community by creating it.

Wow! Really nice work.
    +1 to you
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast