Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Default Cannith Challenges finally worth buying

    Cannith Challenges are 75% off this week, marked down from 1295 TP to 324 TP. This is pretty much the only way I'd recommend anyone buy it.

  2. #2
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    I have to say, 75% off for a pack is a lot and it's a very useful pack in general. Has major flaws for sure but 90 spellpower and 14% lore at level 13 if you play your cards right is nothing to sneeze at...

    So tempting, even though I have amassed like hundreds of tokens on all my toons.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    So tempting, even though I have amassed like hundreds of tokens on all my toons.
    Lol yeah.
    Guess... even with buying the pack it wouldn't be all for naught, the tokens could go toward the Eveningstar challenges... or spamming the random buff generators...

  4. #4
    Community Member LuKaSu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Cannith Challenges are 75% off this week, marked down from 1295 TP to 324 TP. This is pretty much the only way I'd recommend anyone buy it.
    What I'm presuming is that they are going through and putting the least-popular stuff on sale. That would make business sense, I suppose. Half-orc was probably least popular, the challenge pack was probably pretty low on the list. Artificer may have been just to pair up with the challenge pack, since I think druids are less popular than that.

    Maybe my hope of getting another iconic (I only have Shadar-kai at the moment) isn't completely out of the question, then. What's the least popular Iconic? Maybe the high INT elf cleric?
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

  5. #5
    Community Member tralfaz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    That explains why I'm seeing Cannith challenge LFM's for the first time in years. I'm all for it, may finally get the 150 favor if this keeps up
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

  6. #6
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Actually, I am going to buy it for two reasons.

    The first is to reward them for putting a pack up for 75%. Irrelevant which pack it actually is.
    Second is, I've never actually put a token into those buff thingies!!! I wanna!
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

  7. #7
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Still not worth it ;/

    For a moment I thought it was the Cannith Raids pack
    And then it could still not be worth it.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    I don't know why people hate on Cannith Challenges so much. Its got useful gear for all of Heroic and even into Epic. Its still the best way to grind Tokens for TRing or for augments. And the missions are short and, IMO, pretty fun. The only downside is they're pretty bad XP/min, but that's not the be-all and end-all of the game. Plus you need them if you want to unlock Arti in-game, instead of spending more TP on that.

    If you couldn't eventually get the gear with your "daily" tokens I think it'd be midway down everyone's content buy-list.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I have to say, 75% off for a pack is a lot and it's a very useful pack in general. Has major flaws for sure but 90 spellpower and 14% lore at level 13 if you play your cards right is nothing to sneeze at...

    So tempting, even though I have amassed like hundreds of tokens on all my toons.
    Yeah, I'd buy it too, if I didn't have so many tokens saved up on all my chars.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Lol yeah.
    Guess... even with buying the pack it wouldn't be all for naught, the tokens could go toward the Eveningstar challenges... or spamming the random buff generators...
    There are probably other premiums out there like me that don't have the Cannith challenge pack, but have the Eveningstar challenge pack because it came in the MotU bundle. I have enough tokens saved up that when I run mansion I use tokens to open up all the vaults (buff generators) anyways - they drop crests - and you can't really spam them because each one is one use per challenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    What I'm presuming is that they are going through and putting the least-popular stuff on sale. That would make business sense, I suppose. Half-orc was probably least popular, the challenge pack was probably pretty low on the list. Artificer may have been just to pair up with the challenge pack, since I think druids are less popular than that.

    Maybe my hope of getting another iconic (I only have Shadar-kai at the moment) isn't completely out of the question, then. What's the least popular Iconic? Maybe the high INT elf cleric?
    Druids came with the MotU bundle too so a lot of people probably got druid that way.

  10. #10
    Community Member Fuitentooty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    147

    Default

    The items are good, but what I really like are the +20% guild renown potions and +5% exp potions for only 150 mats. The exp potions are so-so, but the guild potions are great for a very small guild like mine. Especially when it comes time to collect saga guild renown rewards! Too bad you can't turn in epic mats for potions.

  11. #11
    Community Member blackdae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Still not worth it ;/

    For a moment I thought it was the Cannith Raids pack
    And then it could still not be worth it.
    This!
    Sadly I already bought the other Cannith pack.. But Cannith Challenges.. well.. maybe for 1 TP

  12. #12
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Actually, I am going to buy it for two reasons.

    The first is to reward them for putting a pack up for 75%. Irrelevant which pack it actually is.
    Second is, I've never actually put a token into those buff thingies!!! I wanna!
    lol that thing was already 75% off... some good while back. And the price was still damn well goofy for those challenges. Must of been really hard up cause then they started giving away **** loads of tokens per character. I think it was 5 for the first, and 1 for each additional character per day. VIP might have got 8 or 10 for the first not sure.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

  13. #13
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    They are the 2nd best option for "epic training" gear and suits. 2nd to commendations only.
    And they are really good even at 28 on some builds.

    They are not easy for a newcomer to hoard the ingredients, especially sololing tho. Also the scaling is pretty broken, you are way better off collecting heroic mats at lvl14-16 than lvl20 and 20+. The difficulty to get good mats really increases.

    325pts is what it worth. More if you have alt characters, or just really enjoy this kind of gameplay.

  14. #14

    Default

    cannith challenges are really great if you are stuck at lvl18-19 with xp. Running those challenges 5 stars provides decent xp, and was always more than enough to heroic cap. and they are a welcome relief from standard "kill all, dont die" dungeons.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

  15. #15
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,279

    Default

    At 75% off, totally worth it. Anything above 50% of normal price, not really.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    They are the 2nd best option for "epic training" gear and suits. 2nd to commendations only.
    And they are really good even at 28 on some builds.

    They are not easy for a newcomer to hoard the ingredients, especially sololing tho. Also the scaling is pretty broken, you are way better off collecting heroic mats at lvl14-16 than lvl20 and 20+. The difficulty to get good mats really increases.

    325pts is what it worth. More if you have alt characters, or just really enjoy this kind of gameplay.
    Yes the epic gear is very good, the number of useful mods + 2 aug slots along with certain hard to get mods make certain items still worth using at lvl 28. Some of the heroic items are pretty much best in slot for many builds also.

    Actually lvl 20 TR's are amazing for farming heroic mats - blitzing (or other high powered ED's) and wearing epic gear in heroic content with no penalty to reward - although a full party of very high powered lvl 15-17's can do great too getting a bonus for doing them at CR 20.


    Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    cannith challenges are really great if you are stuck at lvl18-19 with xp. Running those challenges 5 stars provides decent xp, and was always more than enough to heroic cap. and they are a welcome relief from standard "kill all, dont die" dungeons.
    Running them at 6 star with the first time bonus is some of the best xp/min in the game if you can reliably (about 80+% of the time on most of the six star-able ones) six star them - both epic and heroic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Why are you calling me a troll?

    75% off? THOSE THINGS ARE FREE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    You know your trolling

    Challenges are free one challenge per day, more so if you you're tokens. But not to an unlimited amount.

    With the new guild levels and guild reknown pots earnable in channith challenges this is a smart by for any premium how wants to level hire guild. Instead of buying reknown pots
    I'm premium and I run cannith challenges considerably more than a vast majority of the player base - yet I still feel it's not worth it for me to buy at 325 TP... I briefly considered it. I have 6 different characters I play on my main server and one char on a different server. On main server all of my chars have at least 120 tokens saved up and my one character on another server has about 30.

  17. #17
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    When I run Cannith challenges, it is usually several times in a row. So I routinely stop by House C to pick up a token. A 1-2 minutes detour from whatever else a given toon happens to do. Yes, 325 TP is worth saving 2-6 minutes every day. I bought it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  18. #18
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,734

    Default

    permablur at level 4. Worth it.

    lv 4 rock boots in PvP? Oh yeah - Stoned opponent for the win!

    Cheap XP elixirs? Oh yeah.

    List goes on.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    permablur at level 3. Worth it.

    lv 4 rock boots in PvP? Oh yeah - Stoned opponent for the win!

    Cheap XP elixirs? Oh yeah.

    List goes on.
    Fixed it for you - even better now. Level 4 frozen tunic is great too - freeze goes off a lot...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload