Default Ethereal Bracers missing incorporeal enemies?

Has anyone else noticed a problem with Ethereal Bracers missing incorporeal targets because they are incorporeal?
    It appears that I am missing swings about 20% of the time vs incorporeal enemies lately. Not sure when it began but has been at least 2 weeks or so; maybe longer. It has happened in multiple quests, between levels 14 and 18 since I noticed.
    The onscreen feedback displays "incorporeal" where it would otherwise show damage or a missed attack.

I've seen it too. Of course this was a level or two back (maybe two months or so).

Are you running with a hireling? Because if the hireling is also attacking, you will see the occasional "incorporeal" float text when the hireling misses, even though your own attacks are bypassing incorporeality just fine. (Similarly when attacking a displaced opponent, and you have true seeing but your hireling doesn't.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I've seen it too. Of course this was a level or two back (maybe two months or so).
    same here, specifically, very troublesome with monk wraps.

Fact I gave up and bought some ghost touch wraps to get around it.

Couple lives back, maybe fixed, maybe not.

Just used them yesterday farming shadow crypt. The ones i was using were worki.g 100% correctly. Prob your hire missing

Community Member

Default some things to check

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a problem with Ethereal Bracers missing incorporeal targets because they are incorporeal?
    It appears that I am missing swings about 20% of the time vs incorporeal enemies lately. Not sure when it began but has been at least 2 weeks or so; maybe longer. It has happened in multiple quests, between levels 14 and 18 since I noticed.
    The onscreen feedback displays "incorporeal" where it would otherwise show damage or a missed attack.
    Im certainly not going to assume it couldnt be a bug, lol, but here are some possible culprits.

1: pet missing incorp
    2: hire missing incorp
    3: broken bracers
    4: the funniest one: if you are incorporeal(like from dark monk, ghostly item, wraith form) at least some(maybe all, havent tested thoroughly) incorporeal mobs cant bypass incorporeal miss chance.

Easiest way to test 1,2 and 4 is to stop attacking and see if incorp still pops on screen.
    Last edited by 01000010; 07-09-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

4: the funniest one: if you are incorporeal(like from dark monk, ghostly item, wraith form) at least some(maybe all, havent tested thoroughly) incorporeal mobs cant bypass incorporeal miss chance.
    As a shadow dancer rogue who uses shadow form from the first mob killed in a quest I can see this happening, tho just from mobs. There are some out there that can bypass it.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Was probably your summon or hire hitting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    There were several hand wrap bugs a few months ago, where nothing would let you hit incorp.

So ensure you test with different weapons etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    This is most likely what is happening. When I see the behavior the OP is describing, it's always due to this.

Community Member

Also, incorporeal bypass generally doesn't work with glancing blows, I have noticed.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Thanks all for the feedback. I did submit a bug report over a week ago but haven't gotten a response yet.
    I do use hirelings, so that is a possible explanation; though based upon my recollection the hireling wasn't always shadowing me and I park them often.
    Anyway, I TR'ed This week so I will have to wait to test it further.

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Also, incorporeal bypass generally doesn't work with glancing blows, I have noticed.
    This is especially interesting, and I do generally use TWF so I will take a close look at this once I can use the Ethereal Bracers again.
    I would think this is a bug if confirmed.