Community Member

Default advanced magical training

the magical training feat gives the ability to regen up to 12 magic but that doesn't help for some of the higher level spells so I would like to see another level to two to that feat. Add an advanced magical training that gives more spell points and gives more magic regenerated by another 12 points bringing up the total to 24 but the feat wouldn't be available until a caster can cast lvl 3 or 4 spells. that would give spell casters a little more choice in feats. Perhaps give a third upgrade master magic training that give more magic and an additional 12 regeneration once they reach 6 or 7 level spells. The biggest reason I would like to see more magic regenerated is that once spell casters reach the point they can cast lvl 3 spells the standard amount of magic regenerated only helps for most lvl 1 and some lvl 2 spells and when they hit lvl 6 spells the magic regenerated still only helps for the lowest possible spells and with a max of 36 regenerated spells points it would let them cast maybe 1 lvl 6 spell but no more than 1 every once in a while but would help with some of the lower spell levels.

Community Member

No. I'd like to see the whole echoes of power **** removed. When you're out of spell points, you are SUPPOSED TO BE OUT OF SPELL POINTS. That's when you bust out your crossbow or dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    No. I'd like to see the whole echoes of power **** removed. When you're out of spell points, you are SUPPOSED TO BE OUT OF SPELL POINTS. That's when you bust out your crossbow or dagger.
    +10000

amazingly well explained
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

There is already something near of what you are looking in Exalted angel (Epic destiny)

Endless faith: Passive Bonus: Spell point pool increased by [4/7/10]%. Echoes of power restore up to [18/24/30] sp

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I agree with your sentiment.

However, I'm also a believer in "if they can, we can." They can regenerate spell points, therefore we should be able to do so as well.

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Wink You Won DDO

They took your idea and implemented it. Do you get royalty fees, patent pay outs or extra DDO Points?

I agree with the sentiment. However, this is DDO, home of the super cheesy spell point drain game mechanic. This mechanic (without some sort of SP regen function) cuts into the usefulness of spellcasting melees and ranged characters. (ex. Paladin, Ranger and Artificer)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.