Default Two requests for summoned creatures

1) Let us un-summon them!
    2) Let us know how long until they expire. Perhaps a timer similar to what we see when examining a Charmed/Dominated creature.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

/Signed
    and oh yeah
    /Signed again!

3. Summon Monster 6 and Up Need Boosting - 5 {The Beardie Weirdo} is perfect as is, 1-4 are just fine too, BUT 6 and up are simply too weak!

Default Hey, did any one see what happened to my Mummy Lord?

Absolutely on both accounts; I summoned the thing, its under my power; I should know if its returned or been destroyed. If summoned from a hotbar, the icon could have an moving border like maximize or subtle backstab. The 'invisible summons' while not blocking sight which is a good thing, can get lost in the dark. I'll take a quick look around after a fight and if I can't see it, and feel threatened, I'll summon another. Then it pops into view as I've wasted some SP.

Summoner could be a decent prestige, you take feats and enhancements to boost the summons. I'm not saying it should be as powerful as a PM or CC wizard but it could be not completely useless. Capstone gives you a controlling hotbar.
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

Community Member

I actually agree with both of those. The Summon Monster spells have (D) durations, which means dismissable a will. And a timer would be darned spiffy.

But I would go even further.

1. Hotbar (if intelligent): According to the spell, if you can communicate with the creature you can direct it's actions, so any intelligent summons should have a hotbar just like a hireling.

2. Expanded lists: Summon Monster I has a list of 14 creatures. Removing the ones for evil alignments leaves 6 creatures. We should get the full list. That way, if I'm doing Into the Deep, I can summon a celestial porpoise.

3. Multiple Summons: There needs to be a way to have multiple summons. Is it powerful? Potentially, very. Should it be possible? Absolutely.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Given the limitation of the AI, summoned Monsters need to have the SP limit they have removed. Either that or their SP regen needs to get shoved up dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    3. Multiple Summons: There needs to be a way to have multiple summons. Is it powerful? Potentially, very. Should it be possible? Absolutely.
    Perhaps a summoner enhancement line, with one of the high tiers being multiple summons. (Lower tiers would enhance summoned creature's stats). I think it would be neat if any toon with the ability to summon had access to this line (i.e. ranger, wiz, druid, etc).
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    /Signed
    and oh yeah
    /Signed again!

3. Summon Monster 6 and Up Need Boosting - 5 {The Beardie Weirdo} is perfect as is, 1-4 are just fine too, BUT 6 and up are simply too weak!
    I think they're all too weak really. I'd propose a change in mechanics. Whatever I summon should automatically have it's CR bumped up or down to the average CR of mobs in the quest. If I'm in a casual Ringleader, then all my summons are CR 0.25. If I'm in EE Fall of Truth, my summons should all be CR 60+. I suppose they don't have to actually be the same as the mobs around them, but that factor should be taken into account. Summons should scale.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgcmwatson View Post
    Perhaps a summoner enhancement line, with one of the high tiers being multiple summons. (Lower tiers would enhance summoned creature's stats). I think it would be neat if any toon with the ability to summon had access to this line (i.e. ranger, wiz, druid, etc).
    This should be added for sure. Toss a few enhancements and destinies in appropriate trees that increase the summon cap. If you then specialize in summons, you could have 2,3 or even more out at once.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I would like to see summons work like this:

Get rid of the similar ones, i.e. the earth elementals, the bears, etc. then

a. scale them with caster level.

and/or

b. allow them to be heightened.

Keep augment summoning as well.

Maybe this will make them less weak.
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

/signed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I think they're all too weak really. I'd propose a change in mechanics. Whatever I summon should automatically have it's CR bumped up or down to the average CR of mobs in the quest. If I'm in a casual Ringleader, then all my summons are CR 0.25. If I'm in EE Fall of Truth, my summons should all be CR 60+. I suppose they don't have to actually be the same as the mobs around them, but that factor should be taken into account. Summons should scale.

This should be added for sure. Toss a few enhancements and destinies in appropriate trees that increase the summon cap. If you then specialize in summons, you could have 2,3 or even more out at once.
    nice idea. Maybe full scaling for summon monster (nature ally, etc) IX and decreasing it as you go down with the spell level.

And i wouldnt mind a hire bar like they did with the PM skelley