Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Connection problems...

Is anyone else having the same problem as me? The game has been working fine up until this morning... It will be going good then my character will just freeze in place, then after a few minutes it says that I lost connection to the server... I'm not having this issue with any other game and my internet connection seems to be fine... its getting really annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    Is anyone else having the same problem as me? The game has been working fine up until this morning... It will be going good then my character will just freeze in place, then after a few minutes it says that I lost connection to the server... I'm not having this issue with any other game and my internet connection seems to be fine... its getting really annoying
    Yes, I had the same problem this morning. I gave up after a couple attempts.

Community Member

Default Connection issue

Yes, Win 7 - same issue.
    Only thing that worked for me was ctrl-alt-del, start task manager and return DDO.

DDO seems to be losing "focus".

Good luck.

Yes I have been having the same issue. I have tried everything to correct it. I tried completely uninstalling my Antivirus and Firewall to completely rule out that its not related to them. I think its DDO related now that I know that I'm not alone.

Thought I would add that I'm using Windows 7 as well.

2014 DDO Players Council

Yes, I was having issues this morning as well. Both on G-land and on Lama.

Glad I'm not the only one.. was driving me crazy... Would be amazing if Turbine would take a look at this and fix it....

I was on Gland before I had to head to work this morning with no issues, but that was several hours ago. Between 5-530AM EST.

Same issue Here. Glad to see it isn't just me, but getting Very annoyed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Yes, I was having issues this morning as well. Both on G-land and on Lama.
    Same here, since about 11pm EST last night.

First login this morning DC'd. On second login I'm freezing for 5-10 minutes at a time, then unfreezing long enough to run a few yards before freezing again. At no time during the second login was the connection display anything but green.

The logout command isn't working, and when quitting the client will still hang for a minute.

It seemed fine for me for a short time, but shortly after entering a quest I keep freezing. The other members of the party were running around just fine. Basically, my connection to the server still existed, but I just can't move. Thanks, Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by mithiirym View Post
    It seemed fine for me for a short time, but shortly after entering a quest I keep freezing. The other members of the party were running around just fine. Basically, my connection to the server still existed, but I just can't move. Thanks, Turbine.
    That's a pretty good description of what I'm experiencing as well. QUICK!!! FREEZE FRAME. Gotta joke about it. So do you think that a Dev will response to these posts?

WOW! Still not Fixed

Community Member

Yep, still happening. I can login and I'm frozen immediately, or I'm fine long enough to join a group and enter a quest- at which point I freeze and lose chat connection.

I've put in a ticket already. It's obviously not affecting everyone, but it's not isolated players either. Is anyone even looking into this?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Yep, still happening. I can login and I'm frozen immediately, or I'm fine long enough to join a group and enter a quest- at which point I freeze and lose chat connection.

I've put in a ticket already. It's obviously not affecting everyone, but it's not isolated players either. Is anyone even looking into this?

Still happening here too.

I'm having the same problem hope someone for the Dev team addresses the issue.

Okay I have found the resolution to this issue in regards to my device. Windows 7 has Direct X 11 by default and as you know DDO and Direct X 11 go together like Pickled Bologna and Miracle Whip. So what solved the issue for me was clicking the Start button > Search for Regedit. Through this directory I followed it to Direct X. ( HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DirectX ) I then opened the DirectX vanilla folder. There where three files in that folder. I then Deleted the installed version and version files. The only file I did not delete was the Default file in the DirectX folder. I then went and installed Direct X 9 at the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=34429

I then logged onto DDO and it worked perfectly. I'm not saying it will work for you and I'm not recommending that you try this because your editing Registry files and Regedit has no undo function. It you don't know what your doing in Regedit you could easily mess your device up. I'm just explaining what solved my problem not recommending that everyone tries this. I hope everyone is as lucky as I am and gets there issues resolved with there device.

I have crashed 3 times in the last 2 days on sarlona when the client suddenly went unresponsive, sort of, it would crash right away with a message "dndclient has stopped working" and closes it.

Not sure if this is the same thing you're describing.

Also I get the same type of crash when I close awesomium and try to open something that requires it. All 3 crashes I had closed awesomium but I crashed while doing things that didn't require it, just running around and/or questing as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I have crashed 3 times in the last 2 days on sarlona when the client suddenly went unresponsive, sort of, it would crash right away with a message "dndclient has stopped working" and closes it.

Not sure if this is the same thing you're describing.

Also I get the same type of crash when I close awesomium and try to open something that requires it. All 3 crashes I had closed awesomium but I crashed while doing things that didn't require it, just running around and/or questing as usual.
    Try killing all but one of the Awesomium instances (leave the first one on the list). Whenever DDO loads, in my Task Manager, there are like 7 instances of Awesomium. Killing all but one of them helps me reduce my latency. But it also keeps the game from crashing if you open something that requires it (DDO Store, etc.)
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Seriously no reply or fix yet? I would love to actually be able to log on and complete a quest sometime lol, It is obvious that its something recent, since I have been playing for a few weeks straight almost and this only started last night/this morning...

Community Member

As mysteriously as it started, it stopped. Well, mostly.

I logged in yesterday evening at 7 or 8 EST and had no problems until this morning. So far it's only been dropping chat connection but I wouldn't be surprised to start freezing again.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones0064 View Post
    Okay I have found the resolution to this issue in regards to my device. Windows 7 has Direct X 11 by default and as you know DDO and Direct X 11 go together like Pickled Bologna and Miracle Whip. So what solved the issue for me was clicking the Start button > Search for Regedit. Through this directory I followed it to Direct X. ( HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DirectX ) I then opened the DirectX vanilla folder. There where three files in that folder. I then Deleted the installed version and version files. The only file I did not delete was the Default file in the DirectX folder. I then went and installed Direct X 9 at the link below.
    Did that actually work for you? The reason I ask is I run both the regular client and the lama client on dx9, precisely because 11 is a mess. You should be able to do that through the graphics options in DDO instead of altering your dx files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast