Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    How many is lots and can you be sure of their intentions ?
    I am not defending Turbine here, but I started thinking about the xp . It may have been said already but I am not going back to reread. The numbers are hypothetical, but you may see the point.

Currently to get from level 7-15 you need a million xp (just using a number). If you were to use all the xp buffs before using the stone, it might put you at 1.5 mill xp, and that would mean that you would be level 16 almost 18.

In the future when Turbine adjusts the amount of xp needed for a tr, the amount of xp may be shifted away from the back end (18-20) and they may spread the xp more to the middle levels. So we will just say in the future it takes 1.5 mill xp to get to from 7-15. If you multiply 1.5 mill times all your xp buffs, you may be lvl 18 and almost to level 19.

This is just made up numbers, but if the buffs were to stack with an Otto’s box (under the new xp table that they may make), you would have toons taking the stone and ending up at level 22 (if they spread the xp around evenly at mid-level and not just the back end).

This is just speculation, but I thought I saw that they may be readjusting the xp. I wish Turbine would have been up front that they were “fixing” this, but I can understand why they may be doing it.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Also, xp buffs are not tied to quests. XP EARNED only.
    ^This^ is only true for the XP Shrine amenity and VIP 10% bonus, and that's assuming they didn't leave the quest reference out as an oversight.
    As for the other boosts:
    •The Heroic Tome of Experience specifies XP earned in a heroic tier dungeon.
    •The XP elixirs specify XP earned in a quest.
    •Voice of the Master specifies XP earned on completion of a quest.

Given the above, which is the more logical conclusion:
    • Standing at a trainer equates being in and completing quests.
    -or-
    • The Ottos stone receiving quest based XP boosts was a bug.

As a logical exercise this isn't even a warm-up work out. Add in the hind sight of them having produced a new stone which receives no boosts, and it becomes even clearer.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    As a logical exercise this isn't even a warm-up work out. Add in the hind sight of them having produced a new stone which receives no boosts, and it becomes even clearer.
    You're rationalizing. The only thing that is clear is that the new stone appears to do what they want it to do. And by the same measure, the previous stones, released multiple times after knowing how they functioned did what they wanted them to do (i.e sell hearts, xp pots, and the MotU/Epic expansion.)

I could just as well argue that the new stone is simply more restrictive because it serves a different purpose than the previous stone. That is, it fits within the framework of Iconics and the Disciple of Shadow to set up the next expansion.

Though, to be fair, I do believe (speculation) that the XP stacking of the original stone was an oversight. The original FREE stone was made to get new players into the levels that would be necessary to take part in the MotU pre-expansion and to build momentum for the expansion. But, after they realized how profitable a commodity the XP stacking made the free stones, they hurried to package it up in the Otto boxes at $50 a pop and made a killing on transitional sales of other premium items as well. The fact that they promoted the release of the stones so heavily each time thereafter only indicates willfulness and some measure of success. It should go without saying that it clearly establishes intent and specific expectations.

The problem is that even after knowing what made the Otto stone so valuable in the first place they released a new "mo better" stone that served an entirely different purpose with significantly different limitations. The failure to be clear about those change in behavior was a problem. It could only, and indeed did, lead to the issues they've experienced with this release.

Fortunately, and to Turbine's credit, they do appear to be providing refunds to people who haven't used the new stones. That's good business and good customer service. Now they just need to learn from the whole exchange, make necessary policy changes, and move on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Fortunately, and to Turbine's credit, they do appear to be providing refunds to people who haven't used the new stones. That's good business and good customer service. Now they just need to learn from the whole exchange, make necessary policy changes, and move on.
    Thank you Turbine.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910